• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tips for Nelo Angelo, DMD, final battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vencedor

hey ppl, im up to Nelo Angelo now, not asking for advice just thought i'd open up this thread for ppl to put in some of the methods they use to fight him.

personally i've found that when he starts to teleport u hold the sword for round trip, if he appears near u let it go and u'll either block him or hit him. if he appears high up to fire the swords at u u'll knock him back down. i usually stick with sparda when fighting him for the extra damage.

Vencedor

yeh i do that too, but the round trip helps so u dont have to dodge those sword attacks, saves some time

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I thought I had found the ideal in Hard Mode but then in DMD that way didn't stand a chance. It still is useful in Normal/Hard though.
You equip Alastor and Grenade Gun. Alastor helps you to avoid his attacks and Grenade Gun to attack him. For some reason he doesn't even block. So you keep evading while shooting and that's all.
In DMD I tried something equally weird with Grenade Gun. I kept the gun but instead of Alastor I used Ifrit. You know how Ifrit gathers strength as long as you hold the attack right? This helps when Nelo is guarding. It will either break his stance, making him vulnerable for attacks, or making him take an attack stance that you should probably avoid. When he flies to shoot his astral swords, you can gather the Magma Drive and shoot it at him just before he releases the swords;)

well the way i always do it is with ifrit. once it starts go dt and kick 13 combo. then when its done throw meteors till theres no more dt. he cant block meteors and they take off good health. after that evade and shoot so you can build up your dt. be careful thought cause in dmd i jumped in once and he did and upercut on me (mind you i had a full health bar) and i died. but yea try ifrit its easier.well for me

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
these are all really good advice guys! i especially like the advice for nocking him out of the air!

Vencedor

yeh! beat him last night, i'd gotten close b4. The round trip method i mentioned worked really well, especially when he teleports and goes to shoot a ball at u. By throwing ur sword at him and then attacking him when u get it back u at least double the damage u normally would have done in that combo

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
a good technique is when he blocks, jump over him and use helm breaker, then blast him in the back for the sake of it!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Continually reviving old topics (bumping) is not allowed, please wait an appropriate amount of time before replying to your own topic in order to raise it to the top of the 'latest posts' lists.

Stop reviving old threads please.
Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom