• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This is absurd!

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I have this recent PSU3 (Playstation Unlimited 3) magazine, and what they say about Dante is just plain out nerve racking.

PSU3 saids: Move over Dante, Nero has captured our hearts and soul.

Move over Dante? MOVE OVER?! It's his freakin game! And who's hearts has Nero really captured? The only thing he's really captured is SOME people's interest. In fact alot of people already dislike him for being a bootleg Sparda twin.

PSU3 saids: Dante only LOOKS cool. As soon as he opens that damn mouth of his, any credibility or cool the chap once had vanishes.

O.....K? Who the hell decided that? If Dante only LOOKED cool his games wouldn't be in the greatest hits of ps2.

PSU3 saids: He's great when it comes to kicking ****, and we'll be the first to admit it, but he really needs to keep that mouth of his shut.

Dude! Did they just contridict themselves? They just said that Dante only LOOKS cool, now he's great when it comes to kicking a$$? Make up your minds. And I believe most people like Dante's big mouth, thats Dante. Thats probably one of the reasons why dmc2 was a flop. Dante doesn't talk!

PSU3 saids: Dante comes off sounding pretty lame.

You sound lame, how bout that.

PSU3 saids: The first game- Where Dante is in love with a woman that, which he admits looks just like his mother, then screams at her dead body.

First of all Dante was NOT in love with Trish, I think capcom is alittle more civilized than that. He was only attached to her, if he was in love they would have made that clear by making them kiss at the end or something. And as for screaming at the dead body...try watching some drama movies. Plenty of people scream at dead bodies, it's called grieving.

PSU3 saids: As much as we love Dante and think he's one of the coolest looking guys around, it's high time he got a rest as the lead character in this franchise.

No no and NO! It is Dante's game! Do they realize how dumb they sound? It's like telling Mario to retire from Nintendo, it's just wrong.

PSU3 saids: We need some new blood to play with.

This was not my quote, but I agree with what this person said on another forum..."No offense, devil may cry is all about Dante and how he kicks demon ***. Nero looks neat and all, but why did they have to make him look so much like Dante. From the looks of it, the only thing that's different about Nero is his name, gun, and demotic right arm. Including a new character in DMC is a good idea, but don't push Dante aside for that character." Seriously though!

*sigh* There's more crap to put down, but I guess thats enough for now. Why does this bother me so much? Well it ****es me off when one idoit tries to speak for everyone simply because they can get it into the magazine. Someone who has never played DMC may actually believe that garbage.

Yes im complaining, and yes im defending Dante, a fictional video game dude. What are you thoughts on PSU3's comments?

Mobfigurz

Relax, its just an editorial, it doesn't really have any impact on the outcome of the franchise, its just one persons opinion based on whatever knowledge or lack of knowledge he/she has about Dante and the entire series of DMC games.
When it comes to the crunch, Capcom have to please us, the consumers, the ones that play the games religiously and as I said once before, if Capcom ever remove Dante from DMC, then they remove me as a loyal customer and I for one will never buy another Capcom game.
Come to think of it, DMC1, 2, 3 and 3 SE are the only Capcom games I own, but none the less, I'm sure I wont be the only customer they lose if such a move is had and Dante is no more.

Dante is DMC, without him its just another game and nothing more, so the introduction of Nero could serve its purpose if they only wanted us to crave more of Dante, to test how we would react and rightly so, we have all shown on this forum and many more that we desire to play as Dante and Vergil, we wish to see much more of them and far less of Nero.
It could be a possibility that DMC4 is a gap filler and Capcom maybe writing a story for DMC5 which would metaphorically blow our socks off and capture once more the essence and purity of DEVIL MAY CRY, as it was and should've been, a far superior game with the inclusion of Vergil/Nelo Angelo and who knows, we may even see a remodelled DMC2.

But all in all, ignore the ramblings of misguided fools that find themselves working for gaming magazines that suggest WE the fans don't want Dante any more.

$JP

Supreme Ruler
WTF!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

How dare they! Nero was probably behind the strings as if though the interviewers were puppets.:p Trying to make Dante look bad and ****. All BS right here. They should get their facts straight. Good one Vergilissexy, this is definately absurd!!!

Zato-OW

King
Nero cant replace dante because dante owns DMC(buisness) making him unreplacible. If capcom didnt go with the DB idea then this game will be nothing but Dante but since the db didnt fit with dante,they decided to make a new character...but this will be just like mgs2 where raiden got into the story and in the end he was joined along with snake to kill the patriots.(if any 1 knows what mgs is they should know what im talking about)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Hahaha:lol:
Sorry but I seriously laughed at the magazine's comments.:p

They have a serious problem. They fused cool with badas.
Nero is badas a bit like Vergil, but ok less.
For example let's take that scene before Nero meets Berial where he thought more demons are about to come and see what DMC3 Vergil and Dante would have said, in my opinion. I am using the teens Dante&Vergil to be more fair to Nero.

Nero: Let me guess...more demons.
Dante: Well, looks like a new party is about to begin.
Vergil:...*slashes*...

But if we take the mature Dante&Vergil:

Dante: Berial eh? This will be your burial ground.
Vergil: ...hmph...*ignores*

So definitely Nero doesn't stand a chance. I'm not question his powers. Devil Bringer seems useful and formidable ok. But as for storyline, he cannot defeat the Sons of Sparda in popularity tests, in power, in looks, in whatever you want. The only thing he may have a chance is perhaps finding a girlfriend:p

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Mobfigurz;46390 said:
But all in all, ignore the ramblings of misguided fools that find themselves working for gaming magazines that suggest WE the fans don't want Dante any more.
You're right, it just bugs the crap outta me that, that made it into a magazine. :(

Mobfigurz

True, I find it annoying, but you have to put it down to stupidity on the Authors part, cos he will no doubt come out looking like a complete moron in the eyes of Fans like us.
The general gaming community may read his article and laugh, but maybe it will just be overlooked, but the DMC fans will read it cos of its relation to DMC and find it laughable at best, a form of mild entertainment, like reading the comic strip in a Tabloid before its discarded, plus, we know that guys talking out of his behind, so will the 1MILLION or so DMC fans.

Nero wont even succeed in getting a Girlfriend, he's lusting after a woman that sees him as a Brother and Gloria looks like she could slap him and make him cry.

$JP

Supreme Ruler
Mobfigurz;46468 said:
Nero wont even succeed in getting a Girlfriend, he's lusting after a woman that sees him as a Brother and Gloria looks like she could slap him and make him cry.

lol, you took the words right outta my mouth:lol:

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Lol! Ya know that whole part about criticizing Dante about liking Trish? Well I just thought about something. Nero is soppose to fall in love with Kyrie right? Well she is like a mother to him, from what I read she pretty much raised him? So even if Dante was in love with Trish, Nero's situation is worst or just as bad.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yeah, Capcom continues that very much. And it feels kind of sad that not one person in DMC found a partner of love. Not that it feels weird considering the circumstances.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
So far he only finds either demon girls or Devil Hunter girls.

Trish both - Not a chance she looks like his mother
Lucia both - Well, maybe if she wasn't so unpopular
Matier neither - Weeeell
Lady Devil Hunter - In the game she is obsessed and in the anime she's greedier than she can possibly love.
Nevan demon - She turned into a guitar, pretty unlucky there
Gloria devil hunter - Although she supposedly is eager to rise in the Order by letting the other members witness how good she is - and from how it was said, we can say it is not only her battle moves - I believe you will agree that along with the other members she would try to kill him no matter what.
Kyrie neither - To me it looks like that girl strives to become nothing at all. So no good for Dante. Although if it worked out, she could stay and clean the shop or making Dante eat something different than that damned pizza:p But that would not be love relationship:p

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
It's a shame that that magazine isn't available in the UK - or at least, I don't think it is - otherwise I'd buy it and check it out. I wouldn't get too upset about what they say about Dante and Devil May Cry 4 though, it's just their opinion. I personally hope Dante sticks with the series and remains the main character all the way up to Devil May Cry 99 ^_^

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I agree, BTW that magazine is a British magazine. It's said on the bar code sticker that it was printed in England. Try Barnes and Noble, thats where I got mines.

morrigan

Vergilissexy;46507 said:
It would be nice if he found a demon girl.

Yep! For example, the daughter of Mundus. She could have a half-human blood like Dante and fight against her father. Family, huh?

By the way she could be the Great demon, isn't she?

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Mudus' daughter? Hmmmm, this is just me, but I don't think Dante would want any part of Mudus including his family, because he killed his mother.

Conceicao

ShallNeverSurrender
first i just wanna say that i am with you brothers !!! WTH they think they are to talk about Dante that way, *******s !!! and yeah i think it would but cool to put some romance in to DMC x3

Top Bottom