• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This devil's power...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I noticed that when Vergil does his Yamato taunt, if you stand still (and have a certain style rank, I believe A or higher) he charges some kind of black/violet aura... what's that?

i20ebp.gif

Is he like, powering up? Like they do in Dragon Ball or something?
Or maybe he's putting his power in Yamato, to use it as a power conduit?

What do you think?

Viper

Premium
I think of it as a dark aura to make him appear more menacing and show his determination and anger. This stuff appears a lot in manga/anime, though it's usually detected through feeling, not shown visually to the opponent.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I thought it was rather obvious since you see his DT go up while he's charging.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on-topic:

In future installments, Dante and Nero should be given a similar ability when they taunt with an SSS rank.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

I've seen this before while goofing around, I just didn't know what the specifics were that triggered it.

I don't think it's anything. Just more like, he's in tune with his DT.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I thought it was rather obvious since you see his DT go up while he's charging.

Thing is, every time I did that taunt, my DT bar was already filled up. Even in the gif I captured, if you noticed.
Only yesterday evening, while messin around with Vergil, I decided to perform a DT explosion while Vergil was in that pose, for the sake of coolness. My DT bar was only half filled, and I noticed that it was filling up as he was emanating that aura.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Thing is, every time I did that taunt, my DT bar was already filled up.
The only real reason my DT is always filled is because I almost never use it unless I absolutely have to in DMD... it's part of the challenge I created for myself.

But what are the odds on that? Your DT was always filled when you taunted until now. That's a million-to-one occurrence right there.

Top Bottom