• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Things you like that everyone else hates.

Another 'things' thread and the final chapter in the trilogy. Sorry guys :(

I'll start with a very controversial one, but like hear me out.

Justin Bieber, I'm not into his music, I'm not into him, I don't find him attractive. I just think he gets a lot of un warranted hate for no reason. He's not hurt anyone as far as I'm aware. He's just a kid who makes money from signing. What exactly has he done wrong? I guess I don't like him, I just don't hate him.

I'll think of something later.

Also the "Justin Bieber" comments on YouTube **** me off.

Anywho, let's hear what you like.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
  • Star Wars Prequel Trilogy
  • Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon-I do not get why this game got the hate it received, I had just as much fun with it as I did with the first two (Big Willy Unleashed however...)
  • New style Resident Evil: Resident Evil 5 and 6.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
  • Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon-I do not get why this game got the hate it received, I had just as much fun with it as I did with the first two (Big Willy Unleashed however...)

i had fun with all 4 games and i loved them all but i heard that the hate started with IGN purposely giving it a terrible review making others believe it was terrible and so they did not play it ..... just thought i'd put that out there

i love the storyline to games i know not everyone hates it but in my school it's just full of people who play fifa or COD all day then hate on the PS3 and talk about zombies or going online and killing people -_- i like games with a good story but not many people in my school share the same ideas .-.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Alien 3
- This is one that it's hard to understand why it gets so much hate because this is the one movie in the Alien franchise that has the most balls out of them all. I won't spoil here but the choices it makes are actually all really gutsy and some people called it stupid. Well I call it good because these are XENOMORPHS. They have no prejudice and are a fearful force of nature. They are here to kill you no matter who you are. Fear them. Alien 3 establishes the main theme of the Aliens franchise like a slap to knock some sense in to you. Fear the Xenomorphs. They are the horror villain here and you are their victim.

Waterworld
-Sure it bombed in the box office but it's a solid action flick from that era and Dennis Hopper is always awesome. And the premise is really cool. It's like a Mad Max steampunk pirate world. Somebody should make a video game or remake this movie.

Super Mario Bros. Live Action Movie
-The movie is Mario in no way shape or form. It is absolutely terrible. It is a lot of FUN to watch. It's just so bad it's hilarious. I enjoyed watching it back in the day just because it's so bad. The same reason I enjoy watching Street Fighter with Van Damme. Watching really bad movies can be a lot of fun to roast with some friends.

Aquaman
- Seems to me like people just don't see Aquaman in the right light and he's automatically chalked up as the DC comics joke because it's just the popular thing to do. This dude in the right light is actually pretty badass and is the King of Atlantis. Do you even understand why you hate Aquaman? Just check out that trailer for him in Injustice and I dare you to tell me Aquaman sucks after that.

Space Jam
-Looney Tunes and basketball. Sure it was basically a glorified Nike's commercial but it was a fun Nike's commercial. I don't care what anyone says, Space Jam is fun.

Shakespeare
-Not something I'd personally pick up and read because I want to but when I was in school I actually liked reading those stories. My classmates and teachers were total idiots though so I just think they didn't understand it even though in reality its very simple. He just has a way to word things to make things sound more complex. God my teacher was such a pretentious idiot when it came to Macbeth. She didn't like how I corrected her, thing is, I was right. Dumb b!tch.

DMC 1

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Produced censored stuff sent to my country. I hate it but I cannot blame them.
Japanese music. People here looks strange when I play it loud but I don't give a damn what they think.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Main thing I hate about Justin Bieber, is that he hates anime and claims he is the Kurt Cobain of his generation.

ANYWAYS, BACK ON TOPIC

Dark Humor: I have a very, very dark sense of humor that it's hard to find someone else that has one too, so I'm frowned upon with it.

Being Rick Roll'd love that ****.

I like creepy environments, like halloween for example. Halloween is my favorite holiday, but most of everyone I know hates creepiness.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Main reason for me not liking him is.
He didn't like ''brunost''
Norwegian special cheese. He is not qualified. It was when he was in Norway last time and now he comes back again.
Making the teens scream of chaos. Man I don't understand but one song is ok. Baby. That's all. The song alone without text or video. That's all!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Watching Asian movies with English subtitles.
They make really funny and cool movies man. You don't get that in Bollywood or Britain or America - it's all serious and straightforward.
Not the Japanese. They know how to do dem movies aye.

Off Topicuugguu~

I find it funny how the hate thread has more threads than the like thread. I guess there's more what we consider evil in this world than there is good.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Off Topicuugguu~

I find it funny how the hate thread has more threads than the like thread. I guess there's more what we consider evil in this world than there is good.

Well, it's more because the human mind is built to accentuate the negatives. The reason being that things we dislike are just simply easier to remember than things we like, for reasons that no one really can explain.

The Dark Crystal and the Labyrinth.

Not many people know those movies and I am going to be naughty and make an assumption that if someone saw those movies today they would not be interested in them.

aoshi

Okay, My kinda thread.

Twilight movies
Resident evil 6
Nero
DMC 4
Pop music( Please don't hate me. I lived through 90s listening to some good pop.)
Kyrie(from DMC 4)
Animes(I don't find many anime followers as back in 2006).

Thats all i can think of now. I will post more when i find more.

ZeroLove

Pop music( Please don't hate me. I lived through 90s listening to some good pop.)
Animes(I don't find many anime followers as back in 2006).

Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Ricky Martin, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Cher, and all that crap was something I listened to every day back when I was younger. I know how you feel, I lived through the 90's and early 2000 in the mainstream popculture as well. Ah, the nostalgia.

As for anime, Paradise Kiss, Soul Eater, Elfen Lied, Witchblade and so on, are some of the anime I love. But where I am from, it is actually alot more rare to NOT like anime.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Labyrinth
Equilibrium
Metal Gear Solid 2: Yeah, I even like pretty boy Raiden.
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
DmC
Asian films: Mostly Japanese horror films. They are usually are so good. :3
Resident Evil 5 & 6: Even though it's not horror and more action I still like them.

That is for now. I'll think up some more later. :3

Top Bottom