• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Thieves Guild Bug in Oblivion!

aka958

Don't trust people
The boots of springhel jak or whatever... HATE IT. It was around 4 months ago when i got stuck with this... I got the damn shoes, i walked to cheydinhal discovering that jak imbhel or what's his name had been following me and i killed him in the streets of cheydinhal. When i got to grey fox we had a chat but he didn't take the shoes o_O why didn't he take the shoes?! When i try to talk to him he says: Not now, i need to think.

The shoes are still there and the quest log won't update... It just says that he told about him not being the first grey fox and that ****...

I try to wait in talos plaza. I tried kill him. I tried being cast out and join again. I tried updating the quest. I've tried all kinds of stuff. Help me someone please!

At the end of the quest, after retrieving the boots. did you read the diary entry OR the Imbel Family Tree and discussed them with the Gray Fox before you turned in the boots for your reward?

aka958

Don't trust people
Nope, I found a book later with a lot of family members lifetimes, when they died and so on. And then the quest got updated that i should talk to Grey fox about it. I got back to grey fox and tried to talk with him, he still says the same thing: "Not now, i need to think".
The funny thin is that when i come in to the house he says something when i haven't approached him: "Don't you have work to do?"

Dark Drakan

Admin
Anything here help?

Boots of Springheel Jak (quest)

I had the PC version and believe me the 360 version is nowhere near as buggy. I never completed the PC version because it messed up on me so many times and after 90hours play i couldnt be bothered to start again. PC version has cheats and glitches you can use to resolve problems but has so many more things that can go wrong. A patch ruined mine (something that was meant to improve it).

It does mention this quest in the bugs list (which can aid you) on there and you dont have to return them:

Permanent +50 to Acrobatics (Springheel Jak glitch) First you need to get the Thieves Guild quest "Boots of Springheel Jak" and complete the majority of the quest, retrieving the Boots. Do not, however, return the boots to the Gray Fox. Upon obtaining the Boots, equip them to get a +50 Acrobatics bonus, then travel to the Shrine of Sanguine and begin the Daedric quest there. Follow through that quest, and allow yourself to be arrested by Leyawiin guards when they try. All your possessions will be taken, except for key items (which include the Boots).

Stay your time in jail, and upon exiting, check your inventory. You should still possess the boots, but when you try to equip them the game will tell you "You cannot equip this item at this time". However, if you check your current enchantments, the +50 to Acrobatics will still be there. You can now wear other footwear, but still have the enchantment from the Boots of Springheel Jak.

Quest items dont weigh anything so you could keep the stat improvement of them without the weight.

aka958

Don't trust people
but that is just taking an advantage of the glitch, i don't like that. I'm stuck on the quest and can never do the ultimate heist quest and never be highest rank in thieves guild and not earn one of the only two achievements left for the whole game! It says that i maybe had a book with me and that book must've glitched up the quest.

I gotta go cry in a corner :'( nah just joking :p but still it is pretty irritating the game glitches up on me.

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;177988 said:
but that is just taking an advantage of the glitch, i don't like that. I'm stuck on the quest and can never do the ultimate heist quest and never be highest rank in thieves guild and not earn one of the only two achievements left for the whole game! It says that i maybe had a book with me and that book must've glitched up the quest.

I gotta go cry in a corner :'( nah just joking :p but still it is pretty irritating the game glitches up on me.

Thats why i always have a lot of saves for RPG titles (mainly Bethesda ones). Can simply load a slightly earlier one then and fix the issue myself. Saves loading a save thats hours before your last one or it ruining the game for you.

aka958

Don't trust people
Maybe everytime i save i'll save on a new save and when i am for sure knowing there is nothing left in the before saves and nothing can glitch, then i can erase those save files.

Dark Drakan

Admin
aka958;178152 said:
Maybe everytime i save i'll save on a new save and when i am for sure knowing there is nothing left in the before saves and nothing can glitch, then i can erase those save files.

You dont have to do it on every save but leave say 30-40mins between each one or something and overwrite oldest ones thats what i do. I rotate about 7-8 saves from different periods in game then update the oldest one with newest save and repeat.

aka958

Don't trust people
So smart, i often do that with 3 saves but 7-8 saves? you really make yourself sure that you don't go the wrong way. Thanks for the tip anyways :D High five to you and Cheerful friend for trying to help!

Top Bottom