• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Themes you wish capcom to develop into games

aoshi

Hi,

Ever since i played DMC 3, I became a capcom fan and i have tried other games like resident evil and street fighter. I am very impressed with the characters and their gameplay style. So if you feel the same and want to entrust capcom with any of themes that you're familiar with , Go ahead and say it.

There is this myth of great war called mahabarath. And in particular, the character that really impressed me was karna. So i would want capcom to focus a game on karna and the events that happen in mahabharath.

EDIT: please don't include your fan-fics. I am suggesting themes that are well-known but are yet to be made as games.

I would also like a game on werewolves. I know there is okami but i want a darker and grittier tale on them.

aoshi

Id like to see a game of bankruptcy from Capcom. If u know what i am talking about :p

stone-cold-laughing.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
A Battle Royal themed game where people have to fight to the death on an island. So, some kind of survival game, where you have to keep your character alive while also killing other characters.
Maybe also some kind of sytem where saving or helping certain characters will give you positive or negative consequences as the game progresses.

aoshi

A Battle Royal themed game where people have to fight to the death on an island. So, some kind of survival game, where you have to keep your character alive while also killing other characters.

We already have bloody palace and Resident evil mercenaries.Except you want it on an island.

Maybe also some kind of sytem where saving or helping certain characters will give you positive or negative consequences as the game progresses.

Actually having consequences based on decisions is already been in games like splinter cell double agent. If i am not wrong, mass effect games too are based on decision making.

This is jus raw expectations. If we want a game like devil may cry, we would have to cover characters,level design and atmosphere. Ya know, like god of war being derived from greek mythology. That can actually make 20 hour long game.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I'd like more grid-based strategy games with historic settings from Capcom. I absolutely adored Onimusha Tactics.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Battle Royale is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's pretty much my favorite book. I've read it at least 10 times. I adore Battle Royale.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
We already have bloody palace and Resident evil mercenaries.Except you want it on an island.
Ddidn't actually know about Resident Evil mercenaries. I'm not into that game anymore. Plus, bloody palace isn't like Battle Royale. That's just an arena with waves of enemies coming at you.

What I meant was more like the new Tomb Raider. You make your own avatar, you're put on an island where you have to kill until you're the last one alive; you have to survive, eat food and water to stay alive, you get injured, then you have to heal yourself somehow or it will effect your character....and you have other NPCs trying to kill you at random, sometimes stalking you...so I guess it would be like survival horror as well.
I was more interested in the moral aspect of killing people to survive in a game. Say for example, building a relatioship with a character, then you have to kill them during a later point in the game.

I'd also like night and day cycles to be included for added realism. Maybe during night you are more vulnerable to attack....like that minecraft game:p Plus, you'd have to watch out for traps set by other NPCs. And there would also be wild animals out to get you which you would have to kill.

So something like a cross between Far Cry 3, Day Z, Haunting ground and Tomb raider, but with the moral choices and avatar creation of Mass Effect or Dragon age.

Actually having consequences based on decisions is already been in games like splinter cell double agent. If i am not wrong, mass effect games too are based on decision making.
Yes they are, so is Dragon age...there's no harm including them in other games if it's done well.
This is jus raw expectations. If we want a game like devil may cry, we would have to cover characters,level design and atmosphere. Ya know, like god of war being derived from greek mythology. That can actually make 20 hour long game.

Battle Royale is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's pretty much my favorite book. I've read it at least 10 times. I adore Battle Royale.
The movies are great, and I love all the over the top gore in it....and the moral implication of Battle Royale, forcing friends to kill each other, not knowing who to trust in case they turn on you ...it's like that Lord of the flies book.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The movies are great, and I love all the over the top gore in it....and the moral implication of Battle Royale, forcing friends to kill each other, not knowing who to trust in case they turn on you ...it's like that Lord of the flies book.
Battle Royale is intense and definitely gave me some feels. Reading that book I even said damn out loud. I was so in to that book that I couldn't stop reading. The write was inspired by Lord of The Flies (which is another great book) and it's kind of like that just way more violent and harsh.

Meg

You mean the Hunger Games? :p

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
By themes you mean ideas right???

I would like to see Capcom try something similar to

On the basis Dante might star as cameo.

I LOL at people expecting Capcom to try deep concepts when history dictates Capcom's style is more over the top and campy.

Lets see from Capcom we got.....

1. Cartoony platformer about a robot who fights an evil doctor that became a dark edgy.....platformer but about genocide, wars, and etc (MegaMan)
2. A fighting game about stereotypes (Street Fighter)
3. A medieval Super Mario but with male stripping (Ghouls n Goblins)
4. Devil May Cry (we all know what that is)
5. Survival horror game that was more comedic and campy than it was scary...I can't take a horror game seriously when jokes like Jill-sandwich is thrown in or better yet Chris punching a boulder (Resident Evil) and all of RE4.
6. A visual novel game about being a lawyer/detective but with over the top cartoonish and anime styled character expressions (Ace Attorney)
7. Western RPG with J-rock and heavy metal and a romance system that pairs you (your character up) with the person you talk to the most (my friend's character became lovers with the blacksmith....the male blacksmith and because of it he played NEW GAME) (Dragon's Dogma)
8. Star Wars the Fighting Game (Star Gladiator)
9. A fighting game ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL (Rival Schools)
10. DBZ meets Heavy Rain the game (Asura's Wrath)
11. Super Sentai Parody (Viewtiful Joe)
12. God Hand (its almost impossible to describe WTF God Hand is)
13. They turned Lost Planet (their very few series you can actually take seriously) into an overly flashy and BRIGHTLY COLORFUL anime (EX Troopers).
14. Shintoism the Saturday Morning Cartoon (Okami)
15. Uber buff Mayor fights gangs and crime in suspenders (Final Fight)
16. Bionic Commando (YOU FIGHT MECHA HITLER GUYS...it can't get anymore wacky and insane than that)

There is plenty of other IPs by Capcom and the ones not made by Capcom (Remember Me, Dark Void, & well their reboots) don't really count.

However, with Deep Down it seems Capcom is changing their design philosophies.....but I'm waiting for when I see a giant Godzilla monster with 10 wings that shoots a hyper beam that wipes out an entire city and a boss fight against a nude witch that lactates acid from her nipples to prove me wrong.

aoshi

By themes you mean ideas right???
I LOL at people expecting Capcom to try deep concepts when history dictates Capcom's style is more over the top and campy.

Capcom' s style is a conservative yet over-the-top style. DMC 3 has jus one style. Street fighter lets us block any attacks except raging demon ofcourse. Even DMC 4 , since there are 5 styles on the fly, weapon abilities are limited with gilgamesh and lucifer with slow and open attacks.Aerial rave is only with rebellion and darkslayer. Unleass we know JC.

There is a strict balance in character abilities and mostly player's concentration is put to test in one way or another. Which is wat is important to me.

When DMC 3 first came out, It was considered one of the hardest games. But ofcourse, we are so used to the gameplay that its not that hard anymore. So now, to say, that DMC 3 was jus over-the-top campy isn't right. Even DMC 4, Adapting to style switching took its time to me.

At the end of the day, I am sure capcom would give me a game where i could concentrate for hours and find solutions. I don't mind it being campy. But i wish for themes that i have known, like the ones i mentioned.

EDIT: OOPS sorry for the double post, It was purely accidental, I wanted to edit it out but i forgot as i was typing this.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Even video games need plots.

Not necessarily, Shadow of the Colossus was one of the masterpieces of the last generation and barely has a plot or dialogues, just has a lot of mysteries that still intrigues people.

I would like to see Capcom exploring better the lore and world they've created with Breath of Fire IV, or at least something similar to it, with a lot of different races, cultures, places and a background story with the genesis of the world.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Not necessarily, Shadow of the Colossus was one of the masterpieces of the last generation and barely has a plot or dialogues, just has a lot of mysteries that still intrigues people.

True. But DMC and Shadow of Colossus are two different games with different lores.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
True. But DMC and Shadow of Colossus are two different games with different lores.

But they are the same media: videogames. Videogames are something different than a book or a movie because it can do different things with its content, videogames have a lot of flexibility when it comes to what they can be, if you look for good lores or plots in hack'n'slash game the problem is that you searching for it in the wrong place. Shadow of the Colossus, Dark Souls and Metal Gear Solid are just some examples of how to even transcend movies and books with stortytelling and immerge the players in a completely alternate reality and touch their emotions and minds.

You probably have this mindset towards gaming in general because you give great value to lores and plots, which is not wrong as it is your personal preference when it comes to enjoy a gaming experience, but something that you have to understand is that games like DMCs doesn't need a SSShakesperean story to stand out as a freaking great game. DMC is other game that was pretty important to define a whole new genre of videogames, the "evolution of 2D beat'n'ups", but has no complex or intriguing lore at all, all things that happens in DMC are pretty straight-forward without too much plot twists or **** like this, you can please the players with different things when your game focuses on action or some other thing like immersion. I like some action or comedy movies that doesn't have a great story at all, they are enjoyable because they make me laugh or get excited and have a good time watching it with friends or a girl, nothing to start talking about the meaning of the universe, our lifes or how our society is supposely brainwashed by the government or the bankers; the same way i like to sit here alone in my bedroom and play the hell out of DMC, explore its mechanics and learn to destroy every enemy and every boss. DMC has cool characters and a simple and linear plot that makes the "main experience" (the main campaign) enjoyable, that's what it needs to be a good game as it's ouststanding in other aspects like gameplay, replayability or even a fun casual 30 minutes experience to make your day better.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
But they are the same media: videogames. Videogames are something different than a book or a movie because it can do different things with its content, videogames have a lot of flexibility when it comes to what they can be, if you look for good lores or plots in hack'n'slash game the problem is that you searching for it in the wrong place. Shadow of the Colossus, Dark Souls and Metal Gear Solid are just some examples of how to even transcend movies and books with stortytelling and immerge the players in a completely alternate reality and touch their emotions and minds.

But what if I want great hack n slash gameplay along with a good story? Is that really too much to ask for?

You probably have this mindset towards gaming in general because you give great value to lores and plots, which is not wrong as it is your personal preference when it comes to enjoy a gaming experience, but something that you have to understand is that games like DMCs doesn't need a SSShakesperean story to stand out as a freaking great game.

No, but an actual good plot wouldn't hurt.

DMC is other game that was pretty important to define a whole new genre of videogames, the "evolution of 2D beat'n'ups", but has no complex or intriguing lore at all, all things that happens in DMC are pretty straight-forward without too much plot twists or **** like this, you can please the players with different things when your game focuses on action or some other thing like immersion. I like some action or comedy movies that doesn't have a great story at all, they are enjoyable because they make me laugh or get excited and have a good time watching it with friends or a girl, nothing to start talking about the meaning of the universe, our lifes or how our society is supposely brainwashed by the government or the bankers; the same way i like to sit here alone in my bedroom and play the hell out of DMC, explore its mechanics and learn to destroy every enemy and every boss.

But you're confusing comedys and action movies with movies that go into cultism. I'm just saying that Capcom WAS trying to give story to DMC, and in my opinion, they failed to do a very good job at it. NT tried to do the story aspect of DMC, and they too did a bad job on it, however NT did try to atleast give DMC a structured story even though they opened a few more plot holes in their own series. plot holes that could be filled in a sequel which I doubt its getting. I just want capcom to actually take its story telling seriously and not f*ck around.

DMC has cool characters and a simple and linear plot that makes the "main experience" (the main campaign) enjoyable, that's what it needs to be a good game as it's ouststanding in other aspects like gameplay, replayability or even a fun casual 30 minutes experience to make your day better.

I agree with everything, except characters since I can find a Dante clone in millions of other games. for example;

Masamune Date (since they were both made by the same company)
Travis Touchdown
Ragna the Bloodedge in terms of looks
Bryce from Never Dead
Duke Nukem
and many others.

Top Bottom