• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Youtube Incident.

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Well, I have started this thread at several sites, and so I thought I would share with you guys here at Devil May Cry.org :)
Link to official information

Entertainment giant Viacom Media is suing web search engine Google and its video-sharing website YouTube for nearly one and a half billion dollars.

Viacom, which owns MTV and Nickelodeon, says YouTube uses its shows illegally and alleges that hundreds of thousands of unauthorised clips have been loaded onto YouTube's site.

As well as the damages, the legal action seeks an injunction to prevent what Viacom calls "massive intentional copyright infringement".

Google acquired YouTube last October for $US1.65 billion in stock - putting a lofty new value on consumer-generated media sites.

The deal combined two of the most popular internet brands: Google, synonymous with web search and rapid innovation, and YouTube, a Silicon Valley upstart that has spearheaded the video-sharing craze.

The acquisition thrust the web search leader into the emerging market for video advertising, where it has only a tiny foothold compared with Yahoo Inc.

I found this out thanks to my cousin, and well, I think this marks the end of Youtube to be honest. I really can not see them going on after all of this. Especially because there may be other Violations on there that people may now take actions to, partly because of this incident, people will now start thinking Easy targets. So well, I hope that it isn't the end but if it is then well I guess Newsground will be the best for Video resources wouldn't it?

So the only options I can see are:

a) Youtube is going under, so that means no more Youtube.

b) They are going to have strict rules on the site (i.e. They will check every Video uploaded.)

Personally I think option A is going to happen.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
Steven;22504 said:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! youtube is great, and its the only way i know how to get vids on my piczo site!!

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Steven;22504 said:
Well, I have started this thread at several sites, and so I thought I would share with you guys here at Devil May Cry.org :)
Link to official information

I found this out thanks to my cousin, and well, I think this marks the end of Youtube to be honest. I really can not see them going on after all of this. Especially because there may be other Violations on there that people may now take actions to, partly because of this incident, people will now start thinking Easy targets. So well, I hope that it isn't the end but if it is then well I guess Newsground will be the best for Video resources wouldn't it?

So the only options I can see are:

b) They are going to have strict rules on the site (i.e. They will check every Video uploaded.)

Personally I think option A is going to happen.
Same here. You Tube may check every video but it does not save them from being flushed down the crapper, into the sewers and down to hot and high unholy Hell when they get sued for copyright embriechment. This is really useful information and so I have given it a reputation point ;) Nice job finding this out Steve.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah just been speaking about this on our other forums i think Viacom are just looking for a way to make money as Youtube/Google cant control EVERY video that gets uploaded to youtube as its impossible!

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Nooooooo its not impossible they put a blocker anything sex realted or anything like that wont get through end of.

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
my mom get's these really cool video's from that site.....this isn't good, other then that's where most naruto freaks watch their videos...kinda like me....:lol:

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
The dark knight;22694 said:
NOOOOOOOO!!!!When did this happen???*right eye is twitching like mad*
*Pokes DK in the twitching eye and it stops twitching*

Calm down everyone! I don't think You Tube is going to completely go down the crapper, just going to be sued lots and lots and lots of dollars......that's all......:unsure:

The dark knight

You are not sure....:unsure:
KoRn_Dowwg666;22881 said:
*Pokes DK in the twitching eye and it stops twitching*

Calm down everyone! I don't think You Tube is going to completely go down the crapper, just going to be sued lots and lots and lots of dollars......that's all......:unsure:

Arwen

Lost Soul
Talking of YouTube you know all those screen shot's I posted I found out what they were used for. Go to YouTube and place reuben langdon in the search bar you'll come up with a few vids. Click the first vid and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Top Bottom