• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Wolverine Review

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The_Wolverine_(film)_poster_003.jpg

So, I woke up this morning and noticed I had $5 and nothing to do. What to do, what to do. Well, I could go see the new Wolverine flick. I did and it's safe to say this is the Wolverine flick we should have gotten. (f#ck origins so much, that movie doesn't exist)

The Wolverine is the redemption solo flick for Logan after the terrible Origins. Like First Class was for X-Men after Last Stand. And not only is it a good Wolverine movie but probably the best comic book movie of the year so far.

The story is based off of Frank Miller's Wolverine series where he finds himself in Japan. A pretty good arc to base it on.

In the film Logan is struggling with the aftermath of the events in The Last Stand (aren't we all :troll: ) and living day by day alone trying to leave the life of the Wolverine behind. When suddenly a mysterious japanese girl tracks him down taking him to Japan where a dying old man who he saved years ago from a bomb hopes to make Logan mortal to repay him.

Hugh Jackman still freaking rocks as Wolverine and I can't imagine anyone else playing the guy. He knows his character inside and out and does another amazing job as the beloved Marvel icon. Wolverine's mega healing factor isn't so hot this time around so we're dealing with a more vulnerable Logan but still badass as ever.

The story manages to stay true to its comic book counterpart as much as it can while still being a part of Fox's X-Men universe and also stays pretty entertaining. While it does kind of juggle these multi-conspiracy plots a bit it still manages to not lose its way entirely and bring that good fun.

Just saying, the train fight which I thought might have been the cheesiest part in the film is like my favorite action scene out of the whole thing. It was pretty badass.

I think this is probably the best X-Men film since X2. I am a Wolverine fanboy though.

It's not perfect but it is the best comic book movie I've seen this year so far and fans shouldn't be disappointed. The only thing I still will never like (even though I know it's in the comics) is the stupid freaking bone claws and yes it is in this film a little bit.

Overall like I said, this is the best comic book movie of the year so far in my opinion and if you are a fan of X-Men, Wolverine, or comic books in general, hell just good movies, then go see this movie. I think you won't be disappointed.

Also stick around during the credits for an awesome extra scene to get you excited about what's to come.

If I had to give it a rating I'd give it a 4/5.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It was okay but imo, it needed less talky talky, more slishy slashy.
I thought it had enough action. What I really find amusing though is still how they tone down the damage Wolverine should be dishing out because it's rated PG 13.

Sharp adamantium claws should make people look like the food dropped at the Olive Garden.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I heard that Days Of Future Past is about time travel/dimension travel or whatever so I think the OG X-Men Movie Universe might clash with the First Class universe or something like that.
If you know the story it does dabble in time travel and also the Sentinels will be trying to hunt down and exterminate mutants.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Was below mediocre in terms of plot.
Didnt make much sense or was shallow.
Yea whatever. You're the person who actually thinks the Nero and Kyrie love story is good. Like you know what shallow storytelling is.

I know comic books and especially the story arc this is based off of and it does a rather impressive job staying contained yet connected to the continuity and holding more substance than I imagined even if it sometimes starts to juggle it a bit.

Did you even see the film or are you purposely just talking BS?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I know comic books and especially the story arc this is based off of and it does a rather impressive job staying contained yet connected to the continuity and holding more substance than I imagined even if it sometimes starts to juggle it a bit.

So in terms with keeping true with source material, is it Watchmen level or Man of Steel/ Iron man 3 level?

IncarnatedDemon

Yea whatever. You're the person who actually thinks the Nero and Kyrie love story is good. Like you know what shallow storytelling is.
I actually do, but feel free to believe i don't.

Did you even see the film or are you purposely just talking BS?
I have watched it. Now are you going to continue your BS accusation that i have not watched the movie?

It was below mediocre movie from a story perspective. Spiced with japanese culture.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I actually do, but feel free to believe i don't.

I have watched it. Now are you going to continue your BS accusation that i have not watched the movie?

It was below mediocre movie from a story perspective. Spiced with japanese culture.
The story takes place in Japan so of course you'd have Japanese sh!t. Based on this.
250px-Wolverine_(vol._1)_1.jpg

Just don't bother even joining our discussion because you hardly have any worthy input. No offense but your opinion isn't wanted or needed here and I'd rather discuss this film with people who know a thing or two of what's being talked about here. Like minded people. Just go please.

IncarnatedDemon

^ Posts like that isnt exactly helping stuff.

Anyway i'll keep my opinion to myself since apparently expressing it in a thread where your supposed to do that gets you accused of not having watched the movie and then told that you need to know what your talking about (know comic industry) to evaluate the story.

And you then ask yourself "Why does threads turn into arguments".

Have fun

Top Bottom