• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Wolf Among Us Review Roundup

Dark Drakan

Admin
thewolfamongus61081913.jpg
Telltale games have released the first episode in their next episodic game series (after the GOTY award winning The Walking Dead) and here is a review roundup of the scores so far. These reviews are for Episode 1 only (others obviously havent been released yet...)
Currently downloading the demo myself, if I enjoy it even half as much as I did The Walking Dead then im going to download Episode 1 straight away. I dont know much about Bill Willinghams comic book series so for those like me Kotaku has released a basic guide.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
thewolfamongus61081913.jpg
Telltale games have released the first episode in their next episodic game series (after the GOTY award winning The Walking Dead) and here is a review roundup of the scores so far. These reviews are for Episode 1 only (others obviously havent been released yet...)
Currently downloading the demo myself, if I enjoy it even half as much as I did The Walking Dead then im going to download Episode 1 straight away. I dont know much about Bill Willinghams comic book series so for those like me Kotaku has released a basic guide.

Those are some very impressive scores

Dark Drakan

Admin
Played the demo & instantly downloaded the first episode. Telltale have done it again, it's fantastic and I can't wait for the next episode. This is how episodic gaming should be done & the voice acting, story & narrative is great and I'm really interested to see where it goes (knowing nothing about the source material). Couple of technical hiccups here & there but overall it's brilliant and I think it will deserve to stand aside The Walking Dead quite happily by its conclusion.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So its a downloadable game then rather than on disk?

I read the first volume and im like the trailers so ill check it out if i can get my internet set up.

Dark Drakan

Admin
So its a downloadable game then rather than on disk?

I read the first volume and im like the trailers so ill check it out if i can get my internet set up.

Yeah just like The Walking Dead was, each episode is available on the marketplace to download (though only 1 episode of this out so far). Around £3 an episode and they are around 2 hours each long (though multiple paths in every episode) and each interaction and choice you make has consequences in the next episodes.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Damn I really want to get this game. I loved The Walking Dead game and the preview I saw on this was really good, they've definitely improved since TWDG in the graphics and the adding more action in the gameplay. I noticed more too I wanted the player in the video to answer to what I thought the character would say, rather than what I would say.

Definitely going to pick this one up when I get the chance, although I'm saving up for the Season 2 of The Walking Dead game as well. It's great to hear it got some really good reviews :3

Dark Drakan

Admin
Damn I really want to get this game. I loved The Walking Dead game and the preview I saw on this was really good, they've definitely improved since TWDG in the graphics and the adding more action in the gameplay. I noticed more too I wanted the player in the video to answer to what I thought the character would say, rather than what I would say.

Definitely going to pick this one up when I get the chance, although I'm saving up for the Season 2 of The Walking Dead game as well. It's great to hear it got some really good reviews :3

The graphics are sharper and much more colour to them than The Walking Dead and the action scenes are far more cinematic with more interaction options available to you. Thing with The Walking Dead was that Lee was a blank canvas who you could mold how you wanted. However these are established characters from the graphic novel so some fans are playing the way they think the characters would be at this point. I have not read any of them myself though so im playing through with my own choices and answers.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i would say the only difference so far from the comic is Snow white as she seems nicer and more unsure of herself than in the comic.

Dark Drakan

Admin
i would say the only difference so far from the comic is Snow white as she seems nicer and more unsure of herself than in the comic.

I dont really know anything about the comics but they have said as this is a prequel some characters havent quite 'grown into' themselves just yet so will differ slightly.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Telltale have finally announced that the 2nd episode of The Wolf Among Us will be released in the first week of Feb. Telltale have also said that we shouldn't expect the wait to be as long for the remaining Wolf Among Us episodes.

We are very concerned about the long delay for this episode, but this is one of those occasions where several things conspired against us (not to mention the additional delays due to the holidays). I won't dive into the details, but it’s been an unusual and specific set of circumstances and we do not anticipate it happening again as we go forward with the rest of the season.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Man, i can't wait until Telltale tell some infos about their A Song of Ice and Fire project. I hope that one would be a blast too since i'm a huge fan of the books and the TV series.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Man, i wan't wait until Telltale tell some infos about their A Song of Ice and Fire project. I hope that one would be a blast too since i'm a huge fan of the books and the TV series.

Im really looking forward to them too and cant wait to hear more details.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Telltale have revealed the release date to episode 3 of The Wolf Among Us (known as A Crooked Mile) and its sooner than you think...

The episode will release Tuesday, April 8 for PC and Mac worldwide, and for PlayStation 3 in North America. The episode releases for Xbox 360 worldwide and on PS3 in Europe the next day, April 9. A Crooked Mile releases next week for iOS too.

Top Bottom