• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Witcher 3 is coming to PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
CD Projekt Red has announced that The Witcher 3 will be released for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. No release date announced yet.

Source: Google Traduttore

Dark Drakan

Admin
Im happy about this as it looked like a really good game series but I dont have a PC that would run it but would be happy to give it a try on my 360 if its not a dumbed down version.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
So long as it doesn't end up dumbed down to accommodate for the consoles then go for it.
Sadly I can see it happening purely because The Witcher is a PC RPG in every sense of the word, I just don't know how the staggering amount of hotkeys/controls would actually work mapped to a controller without a fair number of... Compromises.

Dark Drakan

Admin
So long as it doesn't end up dumbed down to accommodate for the consoles then go for it.
Sadly I can see it happening purely because The Witcher is a PC RPG in every sense of the word, I just don't know how the staggering amount of hotkeys/controls would actually work mapped to a controller without a fair number of... Compromises.

Just need to be able to let you pick your favourite actions rather than map everything as a hotkey. I mean it worked with Skyrim with you being able to favourite spells, weapons etc so could just expand on that.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Just need to be able to let you pick your favourite actions rather than map everything as a hotkey. I mean it worked with Skyrim with you being able to favourite spells, weapons etc so could just expand on that.
S'pose so, it could work, I just see item management being an absolute bitch, though they are porting The Witcher 2 to consoles, so obviously CD Projekt have something in mind otherwise it wouldn't be plausible, and it's not like TW2 suffered any from the removal of crap like fighting stances, it benefited if anything.

I'd like to see what they do, if I have any faith in any developer, it's CD Projekt.

Dark Drakan

Admin
S'pose so, it could work, I just see item management being an absolute bitch, though they are porting The Witcher 2 to consoles, so obviously CD Projekt have something in mind otherwise it wouldn't be plausible, and it's not like TW2 suffered any from the removal of crap like fighting stances, it benefited if anything.

I'd like to see what they do, if I have any faith in any developer, it's CD Projekt.

Im like you and hate to see the console versions really dumbed down. I understand some systems have to be modified but they shouldnt merely cut things out altogether, they just need to streamline some menus and allow you to favourite and hotkey your own items instead of forcing certain ones on you.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Im like you and hate to see the console versions really dumbed down. I understand some systems have to be modified but they shouldnt merely cut things out altogether, they just need to streamline some menus and allow you to favourite and hotkey your own items instead of forcing certain ones on you.

Indeed, this is what worries me if I'm honest, I don't want to see an otherwise great game suffer because content has been cut in order to facilitate the limitations of a gamepad, I'd like to believe CD Projekt wouldn't, but I've seen it all too often in PC exclusives that go multiplat before.

Top Bottom