• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Witcher 2 360 Review Roundup

Dark Drakan

Admin
The-Witcher-2.jpg
The highly acclaimed PC exclusive RPG has finally come to Xbox 360 in an Enhanced Edition and here is a round up of its review scores so far. The game will be released on Tuesday 17th April worldwide (mine shall arrive tomorrow hopefully)...
GameInformer - 9.5
List shall be updated as the reviews are published.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I only own a ps3 and this is the only game i want for a 360. I watch a little gamespot playthrough and by god, its a mature game. Thanks for the reviews

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Dark Drakan, you're a fellow gamer, what is your opinion? I'm thinking about getting this, but I just want to see what others say. Is it worth the money? Or should i wait six months?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Dark Drakan, you're a fellow gamer, what is your opinion? I'm thinking about getting this, but I just want to see what others say. Is it worth the money? Or should i wait six months?
...so cheap....=P

Whatever happened to the gamble of buying video games? Back in the Sega Genesis days i had to judge a book by its cover and just cut my losses....

am i just getting too old? NO Im not old, i just like to be pleasantly surprised when i find a game that is really good.

And the first Witcher was a sleeper i think, but so was Soul Reaver.
I think its a much needed RPG for this generation and it has a very original story behind it....sorry to answer you without being asked the question........:blush:

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
...so cheap....=P

Whatever happened to the gamble of buying video games? Back in the Sega Genesis days i had to judge a book by its cover and just cut my losses....

am i just getting too old? NO Im not old, i just like to be pleasantly surprised when i find a game that is really good.

And the first Witcher was a sleeper i think, but so was Soul Reaver.
I think its a much needed RPG for this generation and it has a very original story behind it....sorry to answer you without being asked the question........:blush:

That's okay, thanks for your opinion :D
I love soul reaver.
I was a gamer back in the days of the Genesis, but i was a kid, so my parents bought my games :lol:

I just don't want to buy it and i don't enjoy it (tbh i didn't enjoy Dragon age *le gasp*). I just can't afford to 'waste' that kind of money on a game i'm not sure about.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
That's okay, thanks for your opinion :D
I love soul reaver.
I was a gamer back in the days of the Genesis, but i was a kid, so my parents bought my games :lol:

I just don't want to buy it and i don't enjoy it (tbh i didn't enjoy Dragon age *le gasp*). I just can't afford to 'waste' that kind of money on a game i'm not sure about.
Oh its a good thing i have a savings account!! Just for decisions like these. I bought the Darkness 2 new, and it was fun but i hated it after 2 weeks as i am not a fan of shooters. But i traded it in with the rest of my DMC ps2 games and got the HD collection!!
The only thing videos and online gameplay footage does for me is make me excited, sometimes too excited and i over hype things.
I understand how it feels to want every game that comes out but something called money gets in the way. You just gotta get what you really want first, and wait to get another game. Sometimes you win some some times you lose some.
As for the witcher 2, from video footage, it looks great =P
and from all the reviews, it seems like a really good game, im just not gonna buy a 360 to get it though

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
The Online feature doesn't bother me.
I know what you mean about money. Three games i wanted today... I wish i put a deposit on them now :(
I'll think about the Witcher 2 for now. I'll have to wait another month to get it though.

Dark Drakan

Admin

I just don't want to buy it and i don't enjoy it (tbh i didn't enjoy Dragon age *le gasp*).

I think its well worth the money, its a deep, mature and sophisticated RPG. It doesnt hold your hand and lead you by the nose and can be quite difficult and challenging but im enjoying it. I didnt play the original but heard great things about it so took the gamble and besides some minor annoyances im really enjoying the game.

Im a Bioware fan and I didnt enjoy Dragon Age either and I really wanted to as I liked the look of it. The combat in The Witcher 2 is quite tough to get used to and you die really easily but its challenging at the same time. My minor annoyances are mirrored in so many games and im suprised developers still make the same mistakes. Such things as it not being clear where to go or what your meant to be doing in some side quests, journal entries are vague at best and the map isnt much of a help and lack of a fast travel system. Though I get as its more linear than say Skyrim it isnt as open world and the game would be severely shortened with a fast travel option.

The dialogue choices are great, can have larger effects than you think (even the minor conversations), combat is smooth and violent, the story is dark, great graphics and some deep systems (that are hard to understand at first). Its a game you need to invest time in to get the best out of it but its a superb game that makes no apologies for appealing to adults and it doesnt treat you like a child either.

If you have got any particular questions or things you want to know about then fire away. Ive only played it for about 4 hours so far and im not THAT far in but I will answer as best I can or look out for things in the game that you may want to know about.

Top Bottom