• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

the voice of the devil

Status
Not open for further replies.

koibito

i was wondering your opinion if they make a dmc with sparda as a playable character who do you think should do his voice

whoever you think should do his voice say the name of the voice actor and a few characters he or she has done like so

i think steve blum could do sparda the guy whose done vincent from ff7 and zabuza from naruto.

Keaton

Premium
I think George Newbern would be best suited, he voiced Sephiroth in Advent Children and Crisis Core, that deeper more...whats the word, confident voice would be best. Especially since you get the sense of sheer power when Seph speaks and that is the same kind of air you need for someone like Sparda: a ultimatly powerful warrior of legend.

+rep, nice thread! Can't wait to see some other views ;)

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
If he was still alive today, I would have nominated Orson Welles as the voice of Sparda. He has a very appropriate deep, gravelly voice that I feel would suit Sparda's persona.

Keaton: I think your choice of George Newbern would definitely be a good candidate. I think he did a great job voicing Sephiroth in Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts, but I just can't helping being reminded of The Father of The Bride and its sequel every time I hear his name. ^_^ Anyone remember those films?

Another good candidate to voice Sparda might also be Michael Wincott; someone else whom happens to have a very deep, dry voice. Be sure to check out his IMDB page and you might be surprised to see what else he's appeared in; Halo 2, for example...

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
How about James Earl Jones :D, the voice of Darth Vader and Mufasa that would be cool :).

Keaton

Premium
devilmaycry;109357 said:
If he was still alive today, I would have nominated Orson Welles as the voice of Sparda. He has a very appropriate deep, gravelly voice that I feel would suit Sparda's persona.

I agree, but sadly as you said, he is late :(

Keaton: I think your choice of George Newbern would definitely be a good candidate. I think he did a great job voicing Sephiroth in Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts, but I just can't helping being reminded of The Father of The Bride and its sequel every time I hear his name. ^_^ Anyone remember those films?

LOL! Yeah, I do, damn now you've runied Advent Children for me :O!

But, despite his...questionable past (lol), I thought his sheer prescence in Advent was remarkably acurate to the character and Seph's prescence is on the same wavelength as that of which Sparda commands. :p

Another good candidate to voice Sparda might also be Michael Wincott; someone else whom happens to have a very deep, dry voice. Be sure to check out his IMDB page and you might be surprised to see what else he's appeared in; Halo 2, for example...

Theres a Diamond in the Rough for you, his performance was commendable in Halo (if he is who I think he is o_O), but tbh, I am still siding with Newburn :D

Haven said:
How about James Earl Jones:D, the voice of Darth Vader and Mufasa that would be cool:).

Very true, but the whole "Dante...I am your Father!" is waaaaay too cheesy! lol :D

koibito

ha! i love the responses guys i think another candidate would be oh well i forgot his name but if you've ever seen the anime yu yu hakusho the guy who played yomi one of the three kings of demon world he has a deep voice and its very calm as well i believe that would fit sparda's personality i see him being cocky but in a gentlemanly way very calm you know? only getting angry when his family is in danger or something lol

another person who would be good is Paul Eiding hes done such voices as roy campbell from metal gear solid now i believe if he put up a more gentlemanly voice then a colonel type voice he could pull it off

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I'm hard pressed to find one who can put competition on the responses you guys have given. Which is good because I enjoy challenges.:cool:

Possibly Hugo Weaving, he has quite a cool voice that could suit Sparda.
Remember Agent Smith from the Matrix?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
koibito;109492 said:
ha thats great i can picture that "Mr. mundus" lol no seriously good response

"As you can see, we've been keeping an eye on you for quite some time now Mr. Mundus...about 2000 years in fact":lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom