• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Undertaker has been defeated!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I was just as shocked as these guys when I saw this happen! :jawdrop::jawdrop:
heyman.jpg

48c5525b68c01d93377beb778d1cf771_crop_north.jpg

My all time favorite WWE wrestler, the sole reason I still bothered to watch WWE and the greatest to ever enter a wrestling ring has been defeated at Wrestlemania, ending his legendary 21-0 winning streak.

I just can't believe it, the most iconic and legendary streak in wrestling history broken at the hands of a part timer like Brock Lesnar?

Well Wrestlemania 30 will be the last Wrestlemania I'll ever watch.

I don't know how many people on this forum watch WWE, but even if you don't, you surely know of The Undertaker, what do you guys think of this?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
WWE should have kept the streak and the match altogether was underwhelming and subpar. It's not even on Shawn michaels-Undertaker level. I am very much shocked too. Shocked as when Anderson Silva lost to Chris Weidman twice and shocked as when the first time i have read the Red Wedding in A Storm of Swords.

It seems to me that Mark Callaway(Undertaker) decided to told WWE to "Hey make me lose, so i can retire"(Though apparently they both have personal issues with each other). Undertaker is now old and have gone surgeries through out his career(His matches in the past were really brutal). But even if Undertaker didn't asked and WWE still holds the damn script, why Brock Lesnar of all people? :shifty::shifty::shifty:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
There are rumors that the match was a mistake like The Undertaker was so exhausted that he forgot to kick out or a script change by Lesnar and Heyman, when the match ended it took a while for Lesnar's music to hit and it wasn't much of an ending to The Streak, it was just a "yeah streak's over, whatever, next match please".
There were also some rumors that behind the scenes, Triple H and Vince McMahon were royally ****ed off when the match ended and are going to fire Brock Lesnar and maybe even sue him.

Still this sucks and there is no reason to watch WWE anymore, bringing back the blood, the swearing and topless girls of the attitude era couldn't save WWE from this, plus this is going to destroy the WWE Network.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Wait, even Heyman was also very much shocked right? I highly doubt that he and Lesnar wanted to change the script.

Fire and sue lesnar Lesnar..... I mean don't like the guy even when he is in the UFC(Poor guy didn't even get that big in MMA) but you can't deny his talents.

Yeah, the only reason why i watch even WWE is because of Undertaker and he is also my favorite wrestler of all time.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I havent watched wrestling properly in years (was huge fan when younger) but to be honest I think its about time that the writers grew a spine and started shaking things up again. The WWE had become stale and predictable years ago and the writing was getting worse every year. While I dont think his streak should have been ended by a part timer like Brock there are few wrestlers out there these days built like him. Hes an animal of a man and totally believable that he could beat The Undertaker, the strength of him is pretty damn impressive and the crowd reactions said it all. Havent heard such a buzz about wrestling in some time but social media blew up after this and then with the untimely passing of The Ultimate Warrior. Felt like my childhood died over the course of the last few days.

Undertaker was hurt legitimately in the match and had to go to hospital and stay overnight but the ending WAS planned and it all went without a hitch according to the WWE. The ending actually leaked online before it happened apparently.

Dark Drakan

Admin
@Dark Drakan
Wow that sad about the Ultimate Warrior, he went out on a high note. He got to see that he went into the hall of fame.

2. I completely agree with @Dark Drakan The WWE had become stale and predictable years ago and the writing was getting worse every year.

What got me was the John Cena.
John Cena to undergo triceps surgery; out four to six months
Then he comes back & BOOM instant champion ?
I'm like WHAT THE SMURF!?
How is it you get out of line, leave goes away then come back & take your same spot back in line?
How is that fair to the other wrestlers that work just as hard or harder for that limelight.
How is that not predictable.

Makes that speech on Raw by Ultimate Warrior all the more haunting now...

“Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others, it makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized.”

Never understood why Cena always got the push before others, they wanted to turn him into the next Rock but Cena isnt good enough technically and just doesnt have the presence The Rock did (does). There are far more deserving guys in the business who deserve that push, Cena has gotten as big as hes going to just give someone else the chance now. Ive never enjoyed the character of Cena, his angle or his technical ability & think hes a pretty average wrestler in grand scheme of things. For him to have been champion as many times as he has is ludicrous.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
It's really sad about the Ultimate Warrior. Was one of my favorite especially his feud with Hulk Hogan.

But my main problem with Undertaker losing is not the fact that he lost, but he lost in such a crappy match.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
The Undertaker losing was done to gain back interest, & stop the predictability somewhat.

Probably no. Some people(quite a lot of them actually) only watch WWE right now because of Undertaker. Believe it or not, lot of people thought that the decision is stupid.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Undertaker will have to bow out soon before he only starts harming his legacy, his body is starting to give out on him and he wont be able to give his absolute best in matches for much longer so better for him to bow out I would say. Only issue is that for every amazing superstar who has to step away from the ring, they have found it really hard to find talent to step into their boots. The WWE need to start taking risks again and shock people again, they had became far too fan friendly and scared to upset people. They need to regain their edge and stop trying to appeal to children and having this hold back their writing. Some of the best face characters in the business werent exactly painted as hero characters back in the WWF days and guys like Stone Cold worked as anti-heroes in a way. These clean cut baby faces just dont cut it anymore and characters like Cena just dont create a buzz as everything is so predictable.

When people are chanting 'Boring, Boring' throughout most of your matches you need to change something and that goes for more than just Cena too. Characters used to ooze charisma and could almost feel the atmosphere explode when past characters hit the ring, just not many that create that same buzz anymore and having characters be so black and white just doesnt help. They need to stop treating the audience like idiots and just start surprising everyone again by doing things that people are not expecting, just take some risks.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
this is real...? mind has been officially blow. so what's that 21-1?

Top Bottom