• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Unconscious Mind (Working Title)

Meg

Ok here's the story I was talking about. I'm writing it in pieces, so once I get enough figured out I'll repost it all in chronological order.

Note: VERY heavy in symbolism. If you ask NICELY :p I'll explain it all to you.

Trial 2

There seemed to be no ground under her. She rose to her feet and looked around. All was perfectly dark, not even the slightest glimmer of light. She turned and saw a large building, seeming floating, in front of her. The lights appeared to be on inside. It was very inviting. Much more inviting than the dark space that surrounded her.

The bright red sign on the front of the building read “Wegmans.” It was the place she had been working at for over a year. However, there was something ominous about the sign. If it was not the color it was the ‘g’ that seemed to coil like a tail and the ‘W’ stretched out like horns.

It did not mater. The light was much more inviting than the darkness. She started to walk toward the building. She took only a few steps before the building seemed to charge toward her, forcing itself on her. She entered.

It was completely empty. Completely quiet. Not even her footsteps made a sound. The store itself was bare. There was not a single item on any of the shelves.

The lights over aisles one through five seemed to shine the brightest.

She walked slowly over to those aisles. There was nothing special about them.

As she turned she saw the lights over the registers dim. She decided to take a look. She walked along the front end looking at each register. All the screens had her name on them.

The air had started to grow cold. The clock on the store’s unnecessary steeple struck twelve. The air seemed to condense around her. The entire store dimmed to be almost as black as the space outside. The register screens were the only real source of light.

Suddenly every screen showed an error. The screens cracked and shattered, one by one each register exploded in a ball of fire. She ran as fast as she could away from the explosions. Her heart rate increased. Her hands shook. Sweat dripped down her brow. She ran to the backroom and pushed the doors open.

Dark clouds surrounded her. She seemed to be standing in the middle of a powerful thunderstorm. Lightning cracked and the thunder roared. A hand appeared to burst from the cloud desperately grabbing for anything. It wanted it badly, whatever it was reaching for. It boomed and shook the room.

The girl burst back out of the room in terror only to find the store was gone. All that remained was a thundering storm. The sky screamed in pain for what it believed should be its own. Thunder. Thunder. THUNDER! The hand tried to reach toward the heavens, but was stopped by an invisible ceiling. It pounded the ceiling and cried. Thunder!

A pink glass staircase appeared before the girl. It led to a glass circle suspended in mid air. In the circle of the glass for was a small but true light. It was warm. It was wonderful. She needed it. The girl started running up the stairs, but the glass could not support her weight. It shattered under her. Each step breaking and falling as she climbed to the next one.

However, the weight became too much and the glass stairs fell out beneath her and shattered as it fell. The girl fell through the blackness toward a bottom she would never reach.

A sound rang from above. It roared above the sound of the storm. It was a motorcycle. Driving it was a young woman focusing all of her attention on the girl. She reached out and grabbed her hand and threw her onto the back of the cycle.
The vehicle hit the ground and spun in circles. The woman’s head was only a few inches from the ground. She jumped and launched herself feet first at the shadows that appeared. One slammed against the wall with the connection and the woman spun before pushing herself off the wall toward the others. A sword appeared in her hand and she cut through the rest of the shadows. Jumping and spinning like a tornado through the enemies. She landed on her feet and waved the rest of the shadows to her.

They did not comply. Seeing what happened to their friends they disappeared into the blackness. The woman collapsed her sword before it disappeared. She went over to the cycle and helped the girl up. The girl looked at the woman. She wore tight dark blue jeans and black sneakers. Attached to her belt was a broken brown cloth, presumably for her sword, that hung down almost like a tail. Her black fingerless gloves had a gold plate on each. On her right arm were two brown bands that appeared tight around her tone muscles. She wore a black slim tee shirt with white lettering that read ‘Fabula Nova Crystallis’ with a pale ‘XIII’ in the background.

Her long light pink hair with bangs blown over to the right side and the rest pulled to the left around her shoulder contradicted the rest of her appearance. Her face was stern, almost Asian, and far too serious for her seemly young age. Her crystal blue eyes were partly hidden by her bangs.

The girl looked at her in amazement. No intelligent words came to her. “Duuh…uh…um…Li-Li-Lightning?!” she finally managed to force out. “Wha are you doin’ here?”

The woman, Lightning, seemed un-amused by the girl’s inability to form full sentences. “I’m here to help you, Meghan.” she said simply before turning and walking away.

“Wait!” the girl, Meghan, called after her. “Where are you going?”

Lightning did not turn. She answered the girl as she walked away. “I will not leave you. I am a part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you. You must discover it for yourself.” And then she was gone.

Those words sounded annoyingly familiar to the girl.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Very well designed, and very dreamlike. In fact, it reminds me of a dream I had once. Basically the same thing, minus the glass staircase and the store. It was just pure darkness, and it scared the living hell out of me.

I know there's more symbolism than I'm getting, but the big symbolism here is Lightning as your light, protecting you from the shadows which represent, most likely, your fears.

Meg

Thanks for the quick response! ^_^ I'm willing to explain the symbolism if you want. :)

Storm Silves;282507 said:
I know there's more symbolism than I'm getting, but the big symbolism here is Lightning as your light, protecting you from the shadows which represent, most likely, your fears.

No.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Then please, explain. I want to see what exactly I did wrong.

Also, that "No." seemed, plain and simple, a bit too blunt. At the very least, instead of just saying no, say what I did wrong.

Meg

^ To me, the No was funnier than a detailed response since I was about to give one anyway. XD

Trial 2

There seemed to be no ground under her. She rose to her feet and looked around. All was perfectly dark, not even the slightest glimmer of light. She turned and saw a large building, seeming floating, in front of her. The lights appeared to be on inside. It was very inviting. Much more inviting than the dark space that surrounded her.

Dark space with light at the end is a common symbol in dreams for death. In my case, the height of my agoraphobia. Which feels like death. XD

The bright red sign on the front of the building read “Wegmans.” It was the place she had been working at for over a year. However, there was something ominous about the sign. If it was not the color it was the ‘g’ that seemed to coil like a tail and the ‘W’ stretched out like horns.

I used to think the sign looked like that.

It did not mater. The light was much more inviting than the darkness. She started to walk toward the building. She took only a few steps before the building seemed to charge toward her, forcing itself on her. She entered.

Deception basically. "Oh look how great we are! Now sit down and listen to us force why we're so great down your throat." :dry:

It was completely empty. Completely quiet. Not even her footsteps made a sound. The store itself was bare. There was not a single item on any of the shelves.

Reference to Gilded Age. It looks great on the outside, but on the inside, not so much.

Where I work currently. I was moved there after my panicking got so bad I couldn't even look at a register anymore.

My job sucks. XD

As she turned she saw the lights over the registers dim. She decided to take a look. She walked along the front end looking at each register. All the screens had her name on them.

Register sucks. XD

The air had started to grow cold. The clock on the store’s unnecessary steeple struck twelve. The air seemed to condense around her. The entire store dimmed to be almost as black as the space outside. The register screens were the only real source of light.

Again with the light versus blackness, but the light isn't true. Its all a lie (deception again), hence the cold air.

Suddenly every screen showed an error. The screens cracked and shattered, one by one each register exploded in a ball of fire. She ran as fast as she could away from the explosions. Her heart rate increased. Her hands shook. Sweat dripped down her brow. She ran to the backroom and pushed the doors open.

The explosions represent me having a panic attack. The details about heart rate and all just explain what its like.

Dark clouds surrounded her. She seemed to be standing in the middle of a powerful thunderstorm. Lightning cracked and the thunder roared. A hand appeared to burst from the cloud desperately grabbing for anything. It wanted it badly, whatever it was reaching for. It boomed and shook the room.

I joke around a lot about how I want thunder. Its a reeeeeally long story, but the point is I want responsibility.

The girl burst back out of the room in terror only to find the store was gone. All that remained was a thundering storm. The sky screamed in pain for what it believed should be its own. Thunder. Thunder. THUNDER! The hand tried to reach toward the heavens, but was stopped by an invisible ceiling. It pounded the ceiling and cried. Thunder!

I can't get thunder. ;_;

A pink glass staircase appeared before the girl. It led to a glass circle suspended in mid air. In the circle of the glass for was a small but true light. It was warm. It was wonderful. She needed it. The girl started running up the stairs, but the glass could not support her weight. It shattered under her. Each step breaking and falling as she climbed to the next one.

However, the weight became too much and the glass stairs fell out beneath her and shattered as it fell. The girl fell through the blackness toward a bottom she would never reach.

Pink hints at Lightning while the staircase itself is a big symbol in dreams of ascending to the next level. The glass shattering represents my lacking of what I need to get to the next level.

A sound rang from above. It roared above the sound of the storm. It was a motorcycle. Driving it was a young woman focusing all of her attention on the girl. She reached out and grabbed her hand and threw her onto the back of the cycle.
The vehicle hit the ground and spun in circles. The woman’s head was only a few inches from the ground. She jumped and launched herself feet first at the shadows that appeared. One slammed against the wall with the connection and the woman spun before pushing herself off the wall toward the others. A sword appeared in her hand and she cut through the rest of the shadows. Jumping and spinning like a tornado through the enemies. She landed on her feet and waved the rest of the shadows to her.

Lightning is badass. XD The shadows was just me being uncreative when thinking up enemies for this Trial. XD

They did not comply. Seeing what happened to their friends they disappeared into the blackness. The woman collapsed her sword before it disappeared. She went over to the cycle and helped the girl up. The girl looked at the woman. She wore tight dark blue jeans and black sneakers. Attached to her belt was a broken brown cloth, presumably for her sword, that hung down almost like a tail. Her black fingerless gloves had a gold plate on each. On her right arm were two brown bands that appeared tight around her tone muscles. She wore a black slim tee shirt with white lettering that read ‘Fabula Nova Crystallis’ with a pale ‘XIII’ in the background.

I felt like giving her a new outfit. XD

Her long light pink hair with bangs blown over to the right side and the rest pulled to the left around her shoulder contradicted the rest of her appearance. Her face was stern, almost Asian, and far too serious for her seemly young age. Her crystal blue eyes were partly hidden by her bangs.

The girl looked at her in amazement. No intelligent words came to her. “Duuh…uh…um…Li-Li-Lightning?!” she finally managed to force out. “Wha are you doin’ here?”

Fangirl moment. XD

The woman, Lightning, seemed un-amused by the girl’s inability to form full sentences. “I’m here to help you, Meghan.” she said simply before turning and walking away.

The fact that my name is not mentioned before this represents how the things we like help shape our identity.

Lightning did not turn. She answered the girl as she walked away. “I will not leave you. I am a part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you. You must discover it for yourself.” And then she was gone.

This is the best evidence of Lightning being a dual character. She represents herself as well as the superego.

Explained later.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was going to say that last line by Lightning was sooooooooo typical...FF. Y'know? *wants to throw something at Lightning* XD

Verrrry good job Meg, I loved every bit of it. The empty store creeped me the hell out though. I would have rather stayed out in the dark! :D

Meg

Master Vergil;282521 said:
I was going to say that last line by Lightning was sooooooooo typical...FF. Y'know? *wants to throw something at Lightning* XD

That was the point! XD In the beginning, which I haven't written yet, there's this long intro that mocks Kingdom Hearts. That's what I meant when I said that the line would be "explained later." My goal for this story is to write a convincing dream/nightmare like world while still putting my sense of humor in there somewhere. :lol:

Meg

Here's the next bit. I'll post an explanation to the symbolism eventually. XD However the big symbol should be obvious. I'm mocking the stupid intros to the Kingdom Hearts games.

Beginning

She fell from a great height slowly and gracefully like falling through ocean waters. She opened her eyes slowly and turned around. She was surrounded by a peaceful void. At what seemed to be the bottom was a circle platform suspended in air. It appeared to be made out of a thin sheet of stained glass. On the glass was the profile of a young woman holding a sword ready. Her crimson cape was wrapped around her left side. She appeared solemn as she looked down at the ground.

The girl fell to the glass and landed on top of it. A soft voice that seemed to come from everywhere at once spoke to her. “I am fan. I am a part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you.”

“I understand.” the girl whispered in response.

A pedestal appeared at the end of the platform. Hovering above it was a glowing object. The voice returned. “Do not be afraid. Take the first step.”

The girl hesitated for a moment. She then took a breath of courage and walked toward the object. As she put her hand around it it revealed itself to be a long sword. The voice returned. “Blazefire Saber. Enthusiasm. Excitement. This will help you on your journey.”

“Thanks.” the girl said. Suddenly the sword rose out of her hands and glowed brightly. It condensed into a ball light before entering the girl’s heart. The girl suddenly felt warmer on the inside.

Suddenly the glass platform started shattering around her. She fell deeper into the void with the pieces of glass surrounding her, falling from the sky like snow. Slowly, gracefully.

The glass shards began to fall faster and they formed a new glass platform under her. However this one showed the picture of ink splattered with a pen placed carefully on the side. The girl examined the floor as the voice returned. “I am art. I am part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you.”

“Ok?”

“Don’t be afraid. Take the next step.”

A pedestal appeared before her. The girl walked up to it and the picked up the glowing object. It was a pen with fresh ink about to drip down from its tip.

“Pen and Ink. Precision. Concentration. Patience. This will help you on your journey.”

The pen then rose into the air and condensed into a ball of light before entering the girl’s heart. She felt warmer.

Like a broken record player the glass shattered and reformed under her after allowing her to fall through the emptiness. The next platform showed the picture of three pool balls with the fifteen ball being the largest. The voice returned. “I am Pool. I am part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you.”

“Great.”

The girl walked up to the pedestal the appeared and grabbed the glowing object. It was a pool stick.

“Pool stick. Strategy. Planning. Practice. This will help you on your journey.”

The stick rose in the air and condensed into a ball of light before entering the girl’s heart. She felt even warmer. The glass once again shattered and reformed under her. This time the image was of a guitar. The voice returned. “I am Music. I am part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you.”

“I heard ya the first time.” the girl groaned and without looking walked up to where she knew the pedestal would appear.

She turned and saw that the pedestal appeared behind her. “Bitch.” she muttered and walked up to it. A guitar appeared in her hand.

“Jackson Dinky. Imagination. Expression. Beauty. This will help you on you journey.”

The girl then sighed as the guitar condensed into a ball of light and entered her heart. She gave a sigh as the glass shattered and reformed under her. This time the image was also of a young woman, but instead of the first’s bright clothing this woman wore all black and appeared angry. She held a dagger behind her back.

“I am Creation. I am a part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you.”

“I get it!” the girl yelled and rubbed her forehead. The pedestal appeared before her and she stomped over. She picked up the pencil.

“Pencil. Passion. Talent. Love. This will help you on your journey.”

The pencil entered her heart and she felt the warmest yet. The girl braced herself for the floor to shatter again, but instead a glass staircase appeared. She sighed in relief and ran up it. At the top was another glass platform. However this one had no design on it. It was a dark grey color. Around the platform were three pedestals. One held a sword, the other a wand, and the other a shield.

“I am Weapon. I shall protect you. Choice wisely.”

The girl walked to the closest pedestal, the sword. She picked it up.

“Control, responsibility, appreciation. Is this the power you seek?”

“Er…” she then went over to the wand and held it.

“Intelligence, Hardwork, Creativity. Is this the power you seek?”

The girl went over to the shield and held it. “Comedy. Is this the power you seek?”

“I like comedy.” The girl smiled and welcomed the shield into her heart. The pedestals disappeared and in their place appeared three portals. Two showed foggy images, but one was clear and full of color. It showed her college campus. The girl entered the portal.

End of the Beginning

Meg

moseslmpg;286035 said:
Could you specify some sort of key? Every cipher needs a key.

Edit: Oh FF, nevermind.

Not sure what you mean since FF makes up about 1% of this story.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
hmmm very intriguing so far, cant wait to see how this turns out, raising the horns for the JS 1
rocking-smiley.gif
im assuming each of the items received represent certain aspects of your character that define and make you, yourself(once again why name wasnt mentioned until later) would i be correct in also assuming the significance of "comedy" being a shield is that comedy is an easy shield to hide behind to protect your weakness, i know i can relate to that :p i can understand the aspects of the pool stick, is that a "to keep everything at arms length" thing, or are you just a Pat Flemming fan?

Meg

Explanations to all the symbolism. Again, the the major symbolism here is that I'm making fun of Kingdom Hearts games' long intros that make no sense.

Beginning

She fell from a great height slowly and gracefully like falling through ocean waters. She opened her eyes slowly and turned around. She was surrounded by a peaceful void. At what seemed to be the bottom was a circle platform suspended in air. It appeared to be made out of a thin sheet of stained glass. On the glass was the profile of a young woman holding a sword ready. Her crimson cape was wrapped around her left side. She appeared solemn as she looked down at the ground.

That be Lightning.

The girl fell to the glass and landed on top of it. A soft voice that seemed to come from everywhere at once spoke to her. “I am fan. I am a part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you.”

I'm such a fangirl. XD

“I understand.” the girl whispered in response.

A pedestal appeared at the end of the platform. Hovering above it was a glowing object. The voice returned. “Do not be afraid. Take the first step.”

The girl hesitated for a moment. She then took a breath of courage and walked toward the object. As she put her hand around it it revealed itself to be a long sword. The voice returned. “Blazefire Saber. Enthusiasm. Excitement. This will help you on your journey.”

The weapon represents Lightning while enthusiasm and excitement are qualities I have as a fangirl.

“Thanks.” the girl said. Suddenly the sword rose out of her hands and glowed brightly. It condensed into a ball light before entering the girl’s heart. The girl suddenly felt warmer on the inside.

Should be self explanatory, but I'll go into detail if anyone needs it.

Suddenly the glass platform started shattering around her. She fell deeper into the void with the pieces of glass surrounding her, falling from the sky like snow. Slowly, gracefully.

The glass shards began to fall faster and they formed a new glass platform under her.

Symbolizing how my thin layer of confidence keeps breaking, I fall, and then slowly build
myself back up again.

However this one showed the picture of ink splattered with a pen placed carefully on the side. The girl examined the floor as the voice returned. “I am art. I am part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you.”

Pen and Ink is my favorite art medium.

“Ok?”

A pedestal appeared before her. The girl walked up to it and the picked up the glowing object. It was a pen with fresh ink about to drip down from its tip.

“Pen and Ink. Precision. Concentration. Patience. This will help you on your journey.”

The pen then rose into the air and condensed into a ball of light before entering the girl’s heart. She felt warmer.

Like a broken record player the glass shattered and reformed under her after allowing her to fall through the emptiness. The next platform showed the picture of three pool balls with the fifteen ball being the largest. The voice returned. “I am Pool. I am part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you.”

“Great.”

The girl walked up to the pedestal the appeared and grabbed the glowing object. It was a pool stick.

“Pool stick. Strategy. Planning. Practice. This will help you on your journey.”

I like to play pool. XD Basically these are all things I like and, when brought together make up me. Originally I was gonna have tons of stuff, but it was getting way to long, so I cut it down.

The stick rose in the air and condensed into a ball of light before entering the girl’s heart. She felt even warmer. The glass once again shattered and reformed under her. This time the image was of a guitar. The voice returned. “I am Music. I am part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you.”

“I heard ya the first time.” the girl groaned and without looking walked up to where she knew the pedestal would appear.

She turned and saw that the pedestal appeared behind her. “Bitch.” she muttered and walked up to it. A guitar appeared in her hand.

“Jackson Dinky. Imagination. Expression. Beauty. This will help you on you journey.”

I am referring to inner beauty.

The girl then sighed as the guitar condensed into a ball of light and entered her heart. She gave a sigh as the glass shattered and reformed under her. This time the image was also of a young woman, but instead of the first’s bright clothing this woman wore all black and appeared angry. She held a dagger behind her back.

Zu'Coni, my favorite OC. Note that the first and last platform things were people. The contrasting colors is important to.

“I am Creation. I am a part of the light in your heart. I can help guide you toward what you need, but I cannot give it to you.”

“I get it!” the girl yelled and rubbed her forehead. The pedestal appeared before her and she stomped over. She picked up the pencil.

“Pencil. Passion. Talent. Love. This will help you on your journey.”

I love writing.

The pencil entered her heart and she felt the warmest yet. The girl braced herself for the floor to shatter again, but instead a glass staircase appeared. She sighed in relief and ran up it. At the top was another glass platform. However this one had no design on it. It was a dark grey color. Around the platform were three pedestals. One held a sword, the other a wand, and the other a shield.

“I am Weapon. I shall protect you. Choice wisely.”

Basically what will I use to fight all the crap life throws at me.

The girl walked to the closest pedestal, the sword. She picked it up.

“Control, responsibility, appreciation. Is this the power you seek?”

“Er…” she then went over to the wand and held it.

“Intelligence, Hardwork, Creativity. Is this the power you seek?”

The girl went over to the shield and held it. “Comedy. Is this the power you seek?”

I use comedy to make myself as well as others feel better. I'm very passionate about it. Also note that the sword and wand had three things, but the shield, which I picked, had only one.

“I like comedy.” The girl smiled and welcomed the shield into her heart. The pedestals disappeared and in their place appeared three portals. Two showed foggy images, but one was clear and full of color. It showed her college campus. The girl entered the portal.

End of the Beginning

Meg

Is anyone still interested in this story? This story is very difficult to write and I've got so much on my plate story wise that I want to prioritize and figure out which are worth spending more time on.

Meg

Trial 2 (continued)

Meghan stood there watching Lightning walk away with a blank look on her face. “Light in my heart, the hell is she talking about?” Meghan signed and kicked the dust on the ground. The thunderstorm above had since quieted upon Lightning’s arrival. Like the appearance of the soldier frightened it into submission.

Meghan sighed and looked up. She could see the faint glimmer of the object she needed so desperately. It hung suspended in air with nothing but its own strength to support it. She had no idea what it was. All she knew was that she needed it badly.

She turned around and saw a staircase in the distance. She went over to it and started climbing. There seemed to be no end. “Gosh!” she sighed and sat down on the one step to take a break. At that moment the stairs turned to pink glass and shattered. “AHHH!” the girl yelled as she fell to the ground. Aisles came up from the ground and surrounded her. The shards of falling glass turned into yellow pieces of paper called tags and landed on top of her, burying the girl.

Meghan lied there, to tired to get up. Suddenly a woman appeared before her. “Get up.”

“No.”

“It wasn’t a suggestion.” the woman grabbed Meghan dragged her to her feet before disappearing. Meghan looked up in time to see Lightning glaring at her before she disappeared.

Meghan brushed herself off and turned. The staircase had reassembled itself. “Oh look at that.” she sighed and started walking back up the steps. They didn’t seem to go on forever anymore. She thought she could make out the top and before she knew it she was there. Meghan smiled to herself as she stepped onto the floor as if she had accomplished something great.

Lightning was standing off to the side with her arms crossed. “What are you so happy about? You still have a long way to go.”

“Thanks for the encouragement.” Meghan muttered before looking up at the light above her head. She clenched her fists and started moving.

Meg

Trial 1

She opened her eyes and saw she was on her college’s campus, yet there was something wrong with it. Nothing seemed perfectly level, as if someone took the ends of the ground and stretched it out as far as it would go and then releasing. The sky seemed to dip into the ground creating a well. She took a step and found the ground to be fully solid. She started walking toward nowhere in particular. She couldn’t shake the feeling of something looming over her, pressing her down with the weight of its gaze.

A soft sound came from behind her. It sounded like a small animal scurrying across the ground. The sound grew louder and louder until it seemed to come from inside her own head. She could almost feel the tiny claws digging into her brain as they scurried along. The sky turned a dark red color. The girl turned and saw the campus’s main building sinking into the Earth like quick sand. The windows darkened and thousands of mice broke through and came right toward her.

“Ahhhh!” The girl screamed and ran away as fast as she could. Behind her a shadowy figure climbed down the front of the building like a scorpion. It lunged toward the mice and slashed at them with a short blade. It landed on its feet in between the girl and the mice. The girl turned and stared in disbelief. “Zu’Coni?!” it was the name she had given one of the characters she created, the very one that stood before her now.

Zu’Coni raised her sword at the incoming mice. The rodents stopped and gave the dark figure one look before fleeing. Zu’Coni sheathed her weapon and turned to the girl. “You alright, Meghan?”

“I….yeah. How?”

“It’ll take to long to explain. Just know that I am a part of the light in your heart. I can guide you toward what you want, but I cannot give it to you.”

“Umm…thanks?” Meghan was getting tired of hearing that.

(Trial 2 continued)

The thunder was roaring loudly now. Lightning must have gone to far away for the thunder to regain its confidence and power. Meghan clamped her hands to her ears. It was such a sweet sound, but she knew she couldn’t allow herself to listen. She had been climbing up the winding staircase for hours now. Her legs burned, but she kept going. She knew she needed to.

With what seemed like an eternity passed by she was at the top. She took a moment to catch her breath. She looked up and saw another staircase before her. This one seemed to go right into the thunderstorm. She walked toward it only to spot a dim glimmer of light coming from nearby. She turned and saw that it was the same light she had been following all this time.

She looked back and the staircase. She started walking toward it. Meghan was only able to make one step before a powerful force slammed into her. She tried to push through, but she was nowhere near strong enough. “Lightning help me!” she called.
“That is not what you need.” Lightning’s voice rang from all around her.

After making a few more disparate attempts to reach the stairs she gave up. Meghan turned toward the light. It felt so warm. She took a few cautious steps toward it. Suddenly the ground started to shake. The thunder started to descend toward her. Her eyes widened in fear and she ran toward the light as fast as she could. She reached out and felt her fingers close around it.

End of Trial 2

Meg

Ok, I've reposted Trial 2 in its entirety.

Trial 2

Meghan stood there watching Lightning walk away with a blank look on her face. “Light in my heart, the hell is she talking about?” Meghan signed and kicked the dust on the ground. The thunderstorm above had since quieted upon Lightning’s arrival. Like the appearance of the soldier frightened it into submission.

Meghan sighed and looked up. She could see the faint glimmer of the object she needed so desperately. It hung suspended in air with nothing but its own strength to support it. She had no idea what it was. All she knew was that she needed it badly.

She turned around and saw a staircase in the distance. She went over to it and started climbing. There seemed to be no end. “Gosh!” she sighed and sat down on the one step to take a break. At that moment the stairs turned to pink glass and shattered. “AHHH!” the girl yelled as she fell to the ground. Aisles came up from the ground and surrounded her. The shards of falling glass turned into yellow pieces of paper called tags and landed on top of her, burying the girl.

Meghan lied there, to tired to get up. Suddenly a woman appeared before her. “Get up.”

“No.”

“It wasn’t a suggestion.” the woman grabbed Meghan dragged her to her feet before disappearing. Meghan looked up in time to see Lightning glaring at her before she disappeared.

Meghan brushed herself off and turned. The staircase had reassembled itself. “Oh look at that.” she sighed and started walking back up the steps. They didn’t seem to go on forever anymore. She thought she could make out the top and before she knew it she was there. Meghan smiled to herself as she stepped onto the floor as if she had accomplished something great.

Lightning was standing off to the side with her arms crossed. “What are you so happy about? You still have a long way to go.”

“Thanks for the encouragement.” Meghan muttered before looking up at the light above her head. She clenched her fists and started moving.

The thunder was roaring loudly now. Lightning must have gone to far away for the thunder to regain its confidence and power. Meghan clamped her hands to her ears. It was such a sweet sound, but she knew she couldn’t allow herself to listen. She had been climbing up the winding staircase for hours now. Her legs burned, but she kept going. She knew she needed to.

With what seemed like an eternity passed by she was at the top. She took a moment to catch her breath. She looked up and saw another staircase before her. This one seemed to go right into the thunderstorm. She walked toward it only to spot a dim glimmer of light coming from nearby. She turned and saw that it was the same light she had been following all this time.

She looked back and the staircase. She started walking toward it. Meghan was only able to make one step before a powerful force slammed into her. She tried to push through, but she was nowhere near strong enough. “Lightning help me!” she called.
“That is not what you need.” Lightning’s voice rang from all around her.

After making a few more disparate attempts to reach the stairs she gave up. Meghan turned toward the light. It felt so warm. She took a few cautious steps toward it. Suddenly the ground started to shake. The thunder started to descend toward her. Her eyes widened in fear and she ran toward the light as fast as she could. She reached out and felt her fingers close around it.

End of Trial 2

Top Bottom