• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The True Nature of Dante's Strength?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Dante's source of strength is his herritage. He is son of Sparda. He isn't using anything magical.
I dont see Dante using any form of magic in DMC.

Gameplay do not count because gameplay is separate from the story.

Regeneration
Speed
Strength

All of it comes from the fact he is half demon.

If you want to talk about "another source", i could argument that Eva was some sort of witch.
Pause video at 5:18
See that symbol on floor? If the building Dante lives in is his childhood place, then that symbol on floor could be something from Eva.

Actually that building that Dante lives in is his shop not his childhood place.

After the incident, Dante was adopted or taken off the streets by either Neil (dmc1 novel) or Enzo (dmc3 manga) and moved to a different place and build a home out of his shop.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Not wanting? Why would he not want to?
Well, you don't always have sex with the SPECIFIC purpose of having a child, and just be happy if the child...happens. That's what I meant.
But it's also possible that Sparda and Eva WANTED to have children, as in, they were explicitly hoping for a child.

That would make for some good bit of comedy if we got to see Eva being pregnant for some magical reason.
As I said before, it's something similar to what happens with humans who are not specificly aiming to have a child. They have sex and at some point the woman gets pregnant.
Magic (meant as some sort of magical property of demonic DNA that makes it possible for a demon to have a child with a human) is involved in this case to explain how a demon and a human could conceive a child together (although I don't think that's a problem at all, see my previous comment about animals of different species being able to produce offspring).

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Dante inherited a lot of sparda's physical power, but in terms of magic he's pretty lacking. Sure he's pretty resilient, he's strong, he can turn into a demon and shoot lightning from his hands, and he can survive on a diet consisting of only pizza, ice cream, and tomato juice and he's still got a body that I would go gay for he doesn't seem to suffer for it. But then there's sparda, who could manifest his own named weapon while he was still alive and use it for himself (as opposed to other powerful demons, who only turned into weapons once killed) and managed to split the universe in half with a sword.

Oh, and he could also revoke a demon's true name, leaving them completely powerless. Not just petty demon elites and rulers like lucifer or cerberus; legendary demonic lords like the seven deadly sins were easily erased under sparda's power. People say dante is stronger because he defeated mundus, but I still think he's got a long way to go

Top Bottom