• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Struggle of Sparda: A Tale from Devildom to Death.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Hey guys! Gundam obssessed Xeroxis here! This is my first Fanfiction! :D

In truth, Im part of a secret organization. (hey rangers! :D) This fanfiction is a dedication to them, and to Sparda, for what he endured. First, This fanfiction is based on Sparda, and his fight for humanity. It will also explain how he met Eve, and his epic battle with Mundus. Last, but not least, Sparda will finally have a true closure. Tag along with Sparda, And see The Struggle of Sparda: A Tale from Develdom to Death! :D Please tell me how it is! Dont be shy! ^_^ (sorry for the double posting, my chapters are too long to put in one post! :blush:) (And, no, its not done. Im still adding chapters to it. You'll see some new Chapters soon.)

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Chapter 1: Prologue

Conquest, violence, and battle were the only values Sparda ever knew while growing up. Coming from a long line of warriors, Sparda had naturally become an expert swordsman in his early years. Mundus, a powerful demonic warlord caught wind of his abilities, and enlisted him into his armada. Sparda quickly climbed the ranks until he became one of the highest ranking postions possible. Mundus, with his huge empire, began a conquest to engulf the entire underworld under his rule. As the years wore on, Sparda won battle after battle, overpowering soldiers and warlords alike. He toppled empires, destroyed castles, and slayed his enemies, but this only filled his heart with sorrow. Eventually, he started releasing prisoners, and constantly gave his opponents opportunities to excape. Sparda was considered the best swordsmen in the underworld, but Sparda was too soft. He would never stay for executions, and often isolated himself from the other demons. Mundus knew of sparda's soft heart, but he could never understand it himself.

Last edited:

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Chapter 2: Mundus's Plan.

Sparda sat in his candle-lit chamber, staring down at the blade he clutched in his hand. The sword shined dull from the light. Mundus had givin it to him after his latest victory. The blade had no name, so Sparda decided to name it after the last remaining warlord he was forced to slay; Hilgamar. To Sparda, this was a tribute to an unnessesary death, but Mundus saw this as a sign of weakness. Hilgamar gave Sparda immence power, and often had to be expelled, for too much power gave Sparda an uncontrollable lust for blood. A shadow was cast across the chamber wall. "The entire Underworld is ours, due to your heroics in battle." Mundus walked into the room. Sparda shrugged this off. "There is nothing heroic about slaughter." Mundus began to pace slowly. "Regardless, we have achieved victory." Sparda turned to look at Mundus. "Does this mean the fighting will stop? Mundus waved the question away. "Nonsense. Now we begin the real war." The warlord stopped pacing. "We move to invade Overworld tomorrow. Preparations are already being made." Sparda turned his blade over in his hand. "I see." More war was to come. Sparda felt this was going to happen eventually, but not quite so soon. "And Sparda? I recommend you tidy up your act." Sparda turned toward Mundus. " Just what are you preposing?" Mundus began pacing again. "I've noticed, Sparda. Your slipping up. Not taking prisoners? Letting our foes excape? If you feel sympothy toward demons, how will you feel about humans?" Sparda now faced Mundus. "You leave my thoughts to me. They are not yours to command." In the blink of an eye, Sparda and Mundus drew their blades, and met swords in the middle of the chamber. The force of the impact extinguished the candles, leaving the room in utter darkness. A moment later, the candles re-ignited. Both demons had sheathed their blades. Mundus turned to leave. "Just bring me my victory. I ask of nothing more." Mundus left the room, leaving Sparda alone once again.

Last edited:

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Chapter 3: Preparations

Mundus's entire demon armada was preparing for war. Hundreds of demon smiths worked in pairs, slamming their hammers onto slabs of steel. Demon soldiers practiced their sword play on the disfigured corpse's of their dead enemies. Up on a nearby hill, Away from the noise and chaos, Sparda sharpened his own blade on the grindstone. Sparks flared from the base of the blade. A demon appeared behind Sparda. "The armada is almost ready, my lord." Sparda waved him off. He stood up and gazed out at the armada. The demons now began to equip the freshly made armor. The time has come. Sparda swung his blade with incredible speed straight down onto an anvil. The anvil caved inward under his mighty strength. The sound of the impact echoed throught the wasteland. The whole armada froze, and silenced themselves in Sparda's gaze. Sparda slowly lifted Hilgamar into the air. All eyes were on his sword. He then gripped Higamar with both hands, and plunged it down into the soft sand. Suddenly, the earth began to shake violently. Behind the armada, A massive object skyrocketed from the ground, rising quickly into the sky. a few moments later, the tower finally stopped rising. The demon armada broke out into a roar, calling out the towers name. "Temen-Ni-Gru!!" "Temen-Ni-Gru!!"
The huge steel doors swung open, and the armada stormed inside. Sparda eventually made his way into the tower. Temen-Ni-Gru disgusted Sparda. He prefered a more graceful way of moving around, but Mundus insisted he used the tower instead. Once Sparda entered, the tower doors closed behind him. Energy pulsed throught the towers veins. The trip would last 15 minutes in Human time. The armadas thoughts were filled with the slaughter they were so eagerly waiting for. Sparda could only think about the sorrow growing inside him. Eventually, the metal doors opened once again. With a defening war cry, the Armada trampled out of the tower into the beautiful Overworld. Sparda knew it was too late to turn back. The war for Overworld has begin.

Last edited:

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Chapter 4: Devildom Ends.

Sparda stood at the base of Temen-Ni-Gru, staring out into the chaos. The tower sprang directly in the center of a city. The town looked rather barbaric, and with streets of stone. Demons and humans in armor clashed furiously in the town square. Sparda turned away from the slaughter and headed down an abandoned street. Suddenly, a group of humans sprang from the nearby alley. The Soldiers were bristling head to toe with steel augmented armor. The Soldiers began to yell at Sparda. "Demon!" "Away, fiend!" "You will not lay a hand on her!" One of the humans lunged at Sparda with a spear. It broke against his chest. Immediatly, Sparda unsheathed Hilgamar from his back, and skillfully swept the blade in a full circle. Hilgamar slid effortlessly through the steel armor like butter. The humans were dead even before their swords fell from their hands. Sparda sorrow grew. The human world didn't stand a chance. Just then Sparda heard a soft cry. He looked into the alley from where the soldiers came from. A figure sat on the ground, with its back against the wall in the alleys dead end. Sparda slowly walked into the alley. The human sat crying in the alley, hugging her knees. She looked at him through her fallen hair with fear. Hilgamer started to glow. The blade was thirsty, and it craved for her blood. Sparda stood motionless. Hilgamar grew brighter, demonic energy started to leak from the tip of the blade. A voice wispered in Sparda's head. "Do it Sparda......kill her......satisfy my hunger...what are you waiting for?" Sparda didn't move. The voice grew louder. "You are a disgrace, kill this pitiful human! She does not deserve life!" No matter how much the voice prodded, teased, and threatened, Sparda would not budge. The blades energy tried to force Sparda's hand. He began to tremble. Sparda could only think of one thing. He will not kill this human. The voice rose to a shout. "KILL HER! KILL HER NOW!--" "RRRRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Sparda reared back, and threw Higamar as far away as he could. The voice dissapeared form Sparda's mind. He was still trembling, but not from the demonic energy. The female now stared at Sparda, not moving. Suddenly, an emotion Sparda never felt gripped his soul. He fell on his knees, right in front of the woman. A million thoughts raced through his mind. Why do we have to destroy these humans? What did they do to deserve their fate? They shouldn't have to suffer from demons, Why do we spill their innocent blood? Why? WHY?.....
Just then, Sparda did something no demon has ever done before.

Sparda began to cry.

Tears steamed from Sparda's closed eyes onto the stone below. The woman slowly stood up. Sparda continued to sob, this was such a rich emotion for the demon. He felt a soft hand lay on his shoulder. "Please, why do you cry?" Sparda looked up at the woman, tears in his eyes. He finally had a good look at her. Her face was very fair, and held an unspoken grace that seemed to glow in the dark. She was young, but not like a child. She had long, flowing blond hair that draped down her small shoulders. Her eyes were clear and pure. She was the most beautiful thing Sparda had ever seen. She wiped the tears from his eyes. Sparda made no move to stop her. "Is it something I did?" Sparda rose to his feet. "No it is something you didnt do." Suddenly, a demon appeared behind Sparda. "Hehehe....I see you found one--" Sparda turned around quickly and crushed the demons hidious face in. The demon fell to the ground with a sick thud. Sparda turned back to the woman. "We should go." The woman nodded, and stepped out of the alley. Sparda hoisted the girl onto his back. With one last look at the huge battle, Sparda sighed, and ran the opposite way out of the city.

Last edited:

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
HEEEELLLOOOO!!! It's been a really long time. 5 years since I wrote this, holy crap! Unfortunately, I went on some sort of hiatus here and then eventually forgot about this, but I recently stumbled upon it again, and I've decided to continue it. Maybe I can even....finish it.... :cool:
I'm getting ahead of myself, no promises. But either way, without further delay, here is the long awaited chapter, the continuation of Sparda's struggle. Chapter 5: Bonds.
Note, My writing style may have changed, so I apologize if there are flow issues. Also some chapters may be short. This one kinda is, even back when I wrote it 5 years ago. Enjoy.

Chapter 5: Bonds

The smoldering city loomed in the distance, plooms of smoke and ash rise ominously into the sky. Fires had broken out, casting a flickering glare against the distraught scene. Sparda stood heaving, bracing against a sizable rock. The young girl sits quietly on it, watching his broad shoulders rhythmically rise and fall. The pair had taken rest in a flowery field, contrasting heavily with the chaos and bloodshed in that doomed city. After a moment of peace, the girl finally asked. “What’s your name?” The swordsman hesitated, thoughts of uncertainty reflected in his gaze. “...Sparda.” The girl giggled. “That’s a nice name. I’m Eva.” Sparda looked up at her. He recognized that name, but not from this human. That was the name of a fierce warlord, Visigora Eva of the Azerigorian Mountain Wraiths, a clan of demons whose name echoed fearfully through the underworld. It had taken 17 years to uproot them from the treacherous mountains, and Sparda deeply respected her for her unflinching resolve and unbaited loyalty.

A tiny smile cracked on his lips. “That’s a good name. A strong one.” Eva broke into laughter. “It’s not suppose to be strong, it’s suppose to be gentle.” Embarrassment washed over Sparda, another emotion he had no experience in. He glanced around uncomfortably, Eva noticed quickly and made effort to reassure him. “Not that that’s a bad thing, I think it’s wonderful you said that. Thank you.” Sparda stood silently, staring solemnly at the ground. “...Why are you so kind to me? I’m a demon, a being of death and war, yet you show such kindness--” Eva took Sparda’s hand. “Because you are good. It's a hard quality to find, and it's found best where it's least expected.” She smiled sweetly at him. Sparda blushed. His awkwardness only served him in her eyes. After an hour, Sparda finally stood up. “Which way is the closest sanctuary?” Eva looked around, then pointed towards the north. “Fortuna Castle is just through that pass. My grandmother and sister live there.” Sparda nodded. Eva was hoisted back onto his shoulders, and the pair made way towards the fortress.

Last edited:
Top Bottom