• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Reputation System is Back! Hurrah!

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
What can I say - I just ended up missing it while it wasn't there. Anyhoo, it's back now and everybody will carry straight on from where they left off; if you had 1337 reputation points before the system was disabled, you'll notice that you still have that amount now that it has been re-enabled again.

For those of you whom have registered since the reputation system was disabled, you can hand out "rep" points to posts that you find funny, witty or helpful by clicking on the little
reputation.gif
icon below every user's avatar, post count and join date information.

Cheers!

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Yup. Too many fights are started by people who receive negative rep - it's easier to just ignore someone if you don't like what they post.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
sweet, i just entertained myself by repping that post. :lol:

to be honest it did feel a like something was missing when i came here without it. what exactly happened to cause it to be taken away in the first place? o_O

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
ArabianLuffy;273444 said:
Shouldn't be there boxes referring to the rep under or over the ava?
There is a box saying Rep Level which should be showing.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
cheezMcNASTY;273451 said:
sweet, i just entertained myself by repping that post. :lol:

to be honest it did feel a like something was missing when i came here without it. what exactly happened to cause it to be taken away in the first place? o_O

Arguments regarding who has higher rep points, abusing the Rep system, and etc. Those are probably the main reasons why the Reputation System was abolished in the first place.

aka958

Don't trust people
Steve;273404 said:
What can I say - I just ended up missing it while it wasn't there. Anyhoo, it's back now and everybody will carry straight on from where they left off; if you had 1337 reputation points before the system was disabled, you'll notice that you still have that amount now that it has been re-enabled again.

For those of you whom have registered since the reputation system was disabled, you can hand out "rep" points to posts that you find funny, witty or helpful by clicking on the little
reputation.gif
icon below every user's avatar, post count and join date information.

Cheers!

Chaos Master;273469 said:
Arguments regarding who has higher rep points, abusing the Rep system, and etc. Those are probably the main reasons why the Reputation System was abolished in the first place.

Both of that is very rep worthy stuff! Rep+!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I always wonder if anyone actually reads my posts sometimes, nevermind take the time to press a lil' button! :wacko:o_O:huh:

I guess this will prove my theory! Or am I just being stupid!?! :D

How long has the rep system been gone?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
A very long time - can't actually recall the date we got shot of it, but it's been AGES since we had one in place.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I'm confused - how does it actually work? I had something like 87 yesterday and now I have 24 thousand and something? I tried giving other people it and their number seemed to go up by 2 points? Is there an explanation as to how it works? Thanks ^_^

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Ebony;274128 said:
I'm confused - how does it actually work? I had something like 87 yesterday and now I have 24 thousand and something? I tried giving other people it and their number seemed to go up by 2 points? Is there an explanation as to how it works? Thanks ^_^

The more a user have Rep points, the more they can give out to other users, and vice versa. Like me, I can give you around 2000+ points, since I have high Rep points, but LordOfDarkness can give you even more Rep points since he has more points than me. At least, i think this is how it works...

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ahhhh cool thanks - that makes sense! And for that I will give you rep points for answering my question! :D

Thanks!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Ebony;274145 said:
Ahhhh cool thanks - that makes sense! And for that I will give you rep points for answering my question! :D

Thanks!

No problem. Thanks for the Rep. :D Oh yeah, one more thing. You can only give a certain amount of Rep points to posts. For example, I can only give 8 Rep points to 8 posts. If you exceed the limit, you cannot give anymore Rep points for the next 24 hours. This is to avoid Rep points abusing.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ahhh that makes sense - people could go crazy with it couldn't they!

Thanks again ^_^

Romero

Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Chaos Master;274138 said:
I can give you around 2000+ points, since I have high Rep points

Chaos Master;274146 said:
You can only give a certain amount of Rep points to posts. For example, I can only give 8 Rep points to 8 posts. If you exceed the limit, you cannot give anymore Rep points for the next 24 hours. This is to avoid Rep points abusing.
I don't think I understand what you're saying? First you say you can give 2000+ points to Ebony, later you say that you can only give 8 points?

I have only 10 points, and apparently I can give 1 point. :lol:
This means my rep power is 10% of my earned points.

Angel;273467 said:
There is a box saying Rep Level which should be showing.
Holy smoke, you have got 85,950,082 points. :O
I believe you deserve it, but I'm not sure if that's possible without an admin editing your points? ;)

If your rep power is 10% of that, it means you can hand out 8,595,008 points.... :O *Faints*

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Romero;276341 said:
I don't think I understand what you're saying? First you say you can give 2000+ points to Ebony, later you say that you can only give 8 points?

I think that means a member could portentially give +rep points up to 8 times in 24 hours.

Hope that makes sense?!

Top Bottom