• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Perfect Amulets (DmC 5)

Obyzeix

Hello there, I've noticed that the Perfect Amulets in DmC : Devil May Cry are worn by the following people:
(According to the portraits in Mission 2)

-The Red Perfect Amulet is worn by Eva on the portrait. She later (in the lore) passes it on to Dante.
-The Blue Perfect Amulet is worn by Sparda, if I recall correctly. It is passed on to Vergil.

In the lore of DmC : Devil May Cry, Sparda was a Demon, and Eva was an Angel.

Why does Eva wear the Red Perfect Amulet, and Sparda the Blue Perfect Amulet?
I thought the Red one resembled demonic powers, and the Blue one resembled angelic powers?

Was it me being ignorant? And if so, what have I missed? Or does the color of these Amulets not relate to the power within them at all? ._.

tl;dr

Eva wears a demonic amulet, while being an angel, Sparda wears an angelic amulet, while being a demon, someone clear this up for me please.

EDIT : Title should be changed to : The Perfect Amulets (DmC : Devil May Cry), but I can't change it, apparently.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
DMC5, DMC5...Um...did Capcom release a game in the classic series and tell NO ONE?

Wait, you mean the reboot. Eh, yeah, NOT DMC5, it's DmC: Devil May Cry. That's like saying Batman Begins is "batman 5" even though it's not in the same interview continuity franchise as the burton-schumacher movies, or that Amazing Spiderman is "Spiderman 4". Reboots do not fall into the same numbering system.

as for the amulets, if you actually look at the flashbacks with D and V, vergil's amulet is red as well. so either it changed color somehow, or there was a major error in continuity and art design...but also, Vergil specified that EVA gave both amulets to the boys, not "Mom gave you hers, dad gave me his."

Obyzeix

DMC5, DMC5...Um...did Capcom release a game in the classic series and tell NO ONE?

Wait, you mean the reboot. Eh, yeah, NOT DMC5, it's DmC: Devil May Cry. That's like saying Batman Begins is "batman 5" even though it's not in the same interview continuity franchise as the burton-schumacher movies, or that Amazing Spiderman is "Spiderman 4". Reboots do not fall into the same numbering system.

as for the amulets, if you actually look at the flashbacks with D and V, vergil's amulet is red as well. so either it changed color somehow, or there was a major error in continuity and art design...but also, Vergil specified that EVA gave both amulets to the boys, not "Mom gave you hers, dad gave me his."

Dude, people just happen to call this game DmC 5. Got me confused, allright? Will edit it though, because I don't intend to taunt people.
And the amulet that Vergil has around his neck is definately blue. Just doublechecked. I would post a picture, but the post count is holding me back. Will post it in the first post when I reach 10 posts.
As for the amulets both being given to both sons by Eva, I knew, but I can't seem to figure out why Dante is wearing his mothers (angel) amulet while being a demon and Vergil wearing his dads (demon) amulet while being an angel.

You did however not answer my question, so I'll be waiting. :)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
No, I mean the flashback art of D and V as children, Vergil's amulet IS Red, so yes, I DID answer the question. Vergil specifies that Eva gave them the amulets, and we only see her wearing one, sparda's portrait nor the photo depict him wearing one. Ergo, as Vergil said, both amulets were from Eva.

Obyzeix

No, I mean the flashback art of D and V as children, Vergil's amulet IS Red, so yes, I DID answer the question. Vergil specifies that Eva gave them the amulets, and we only see her wearing one, sparda's portrait nor the photo depict him wearing one. Ergo, as Vergil said, both amulets were from Eva.

:fp:

Did you even read my post?
In DmC Devil May Cry, Vergil has a BLUE amulet.
Sparda not wearing an amulet, you're right, my bad.
But the whole point of me posting this thread is to find out WHY did Eva wear the red amulet? It would've been more logical to me if it was like this :

Red amulet (demonic)
Sparda passes it on to Dante (because of the demonic aspect)

Blue amulet (angelic)
Eva passes it on to Vergil (because of the angelic aspect)

Sparda doesn't wear amulets, but this is what I think that would be the more logical explanation.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
You are clearly not reading what I said. Look at the flashback art; Both Dante and Vergil had RED Amulets as children, and then Vergil's turned blue. There likely is no actually story reason for them to have the different color amulets other than the whole Dante = Red Vergil = Blue color association, and likely, there is not explination from NT why Eva wore the red one. So yes, I DID answer your question, you are ignoring the answer.

Obyzeix

You are clearly not reading what I said. Look at the flashback art; Both Dante and Vergil had RED Amulets as children, and then Vergil's turned blue. There likely is no actually story reason for them to have the different color amulets other than the whole Dante = Red Vergil = Blue color association, and likely, there is not explination from NT why Eva wore the red one. So yes, I DID answer your question, you are ignoring the answer.

Hey, I'm definately reading your answers. I didn't catch you saying that his amulet TURNED blue though. Thanks for clearing that up.

Just saying that the story behind their amulets is kinda strange IMO. Don't mean to get on anyones' nerves here.
I didn't know that I went deep into a subject that was actually pretty simple.

Sorry for being ignorant and annoying, forgive me -hug- <3

-Obyzeix

(This is now cleared up. Thank-you, forums)

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Jus a few thoughts on the matter:
1. It's possible that Sparda & Eva swapped amulets to symbolize their love for each other (much like wedding rings)
2. The two of'em havin' red amulets could've been a reference to the original DMC cuz when Vergil/Nelo Angelo was defeated the 3rd time he disappears leaving behind a red amulet identical to Dante's, when DMC3 was released his amulet was recolored to a blue gem
3. I WANT A HUG TOO!!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

It's still the 5th game in the franchise and I know what they're talking about if they might say 5. Doesn't really matter and is enough to let slide.

Obyzeix

1. It's possible that Sparda & Eva swapped amulets to symbolize their love for each other (much like wedding rings)
2. The two of'em havin' red amulets could've been a reference to the original DMC cuz when Vergil/Nelo Angelo was defeated the 3rd time he disappears leaving behind a red amulet identical to Dante's, when DMC3 was released his amulet was recolored to a blue gem
3. I WANT A HUG TOO!!

That is actually very plausible. Though the storyline sadly doesn't explain it. I think it's fun to use my imagination to fill up those blank spots in the storyline though, and ehm..
-BIG HUG FOR YOU- :>

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

No, in DMC3, it's still red, because it originally belonge dto Mundus, who gave it to human worshipperwes, who lost it to Sparda who gave it thousands of years later to Eva, who gave it to the twins. the FRAME on vergil's changed from silver to gold in the prequel, that's probably what you're thinking of. ~has the DMC3 cutscenes on his ipod.~ Likely a reference to that, and probably something they either never corrected when they made vergil's gem blue, or it may have been something intentional

I do like the "wedding ring" explination, that's actuallty something I thought might be a plausible explination as well when I saw Eva wearing the red amulet in her portrait

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
That is actually very plausible. Though the storyline sadly doesn't explain it. I think it's fun to use my imagination to fill up those blank spots in the storyline though, and ehm..
-BIG HUG FOR YOU- :>
feelin' all loved :lol: THANKS!!
No, in DMC3, it's still red, because it originally belonge dto Mundus, who gave it to human worshipperwes, who lost it to Sparda who gave it thousands of years later to Eva, who gave it to the twins. the FRAME on vergil's changed from silver to gold in the prequel, that's probably what you're thinking of. ~has the DMC3 cutscenes on his ipod.~ Likely a reference to that, and probably something they either never corrected when they made vergil's gem blue, or it may have been something intentional
Okay ya got me there, memory ain't what it used to be since DmC...great, now I'm rhyming again -_-

seraphmaycry

hmmm....

so apparently angels are not allowed to like the color red now?
while i agree it does make more sense for angels to be blue orientated in DmC (see frost knights and ghost rages) i also think that you cannot declare a ENTIRE RACE ALIGNED WITH HE COLOR VLUE

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Hello there, I've noticed that the Perfect Amulets in DmC : Devil May Cry are worn by the following people:
(According to the portraits in Mission 2)

-The Red Perfect Amulet is worn by Eva on the portrait. She later (in the lore) passes it on to Dante.
-The Blue Perfect Amulet is worn by Sparda, if I recall correctly. It is passed on to Vergil.

In the lore of DmC : Devil May Cry, Sparda was a Demon, and Eva was an Angel.

Why does Eva wear the Red Perfect Amulet, and Sparda the Blue Perfect Amulet?
I thought the Red one resembled demonic powers, and the Blue one resembled angelic powers?

Was it me being ignorant? And if so, what have I missed? Or does the color of these Amulets not relate to the power within them at all? ._.

tl;dr

Eva wears a demonic amulet, while being an angel, Sparda wears an angelic amulet, while being a demon, someone clear this up for me please.

EDIT : Title should be changed to : The Perfect Amulets (DmC : Devil May Cry), but I can't change it, apparently.
Yin and yang, the angel necklace and demon necklace is the yin to their yang. It is the other half, even demons have a good side and vice versa.

Top Bottom