• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The old fans are not to blame by the lack of sales

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Not exactly a reboot, but so many Mario games and Zelda, Final fantasy, COD and pokemon made for each genration of consoles. It's like companies want to play it safe by rehashing the same over again. Sure, I understand if a property sells well in the financial downturn that they would want to keep making it for safe, guaranteed sales, but it's just getting silly now. The games industry needs to break out of all this and be fresh.
This made me think, I wonder how much hell would break loose if Nintendo decided to reboot Mario? I imagine there would be negative backlash out the ass :lol:

Agent47_89

i classify "haters into two groups.

first: someone who just doesnt like DmC. their not attacking it, they ju...

....we get a DmC2. :D

DmC is the number 2 board on GameFAQs, it's filled with threads just ****ting on the game and devs, like hundreds of threads solely devoted to ****ting on the game.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
This made me think, I wonder how much hell would break loose if Nintendo decided to reboot Mario? I imagine there would be negative backlash out the ass :lol:
Mario is a mafia boss saving his bitch (Princess Peach who is now a stripper) from Bowser/ king kooper who is also now a mafia boss. And instead of those cute mushrooms, he takes hard core drug mushrooms to power himself up.Then he has to 'chase the dragon' (Yoshi).
And the whole game turns out to be a huge druge trip. ^_^

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
DmC is the number 2 board on GameFAQs, it's filled with threads just ****ting on the game and devs, like hundreds of threads solely devoted to ****ting on the game.

those people would fall under the second kind of DmC hater

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Mario is a mafia boss saving his bitch (Princess Peach who is now a stripper) from Bowser/ king kooper who is also now a mafia boss. And instead of those cute mushrooms, he takes hard core drug mushrooms to power himself up.Then he has to 'chase the dragon' (Yoshi).

PbkJxID.gif

788Masri

Don't you find that completely mental? How much time and energy are they wasting? I mean it's not a dislike of the game, it's like full-on rage and hatred.

hence why im apealing to the forces that be that i be allowed to round them up and kick them in the balls. but thats just me. im just as much of a mental degenerate as they are. except i dont channel it pointlessly at a gaming franchise because it wasnt what i wanted.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
LMAO! Omg thanks for the laugh. that made my day XD

HatredIsJoy

second: absolute twats. these are the people who actively go around and try to ruin DmC. they go to various websites and create multiple accounts to give DmC bad reveiws and scores to prevent as many people from playing it as possible. sending hate mail and death threats to anyone involved with the game. they just want to be able to point and laugh at NT and Capcom regardless of anything else. (and if you really think modern critics are just 0/10 or 10/10 OMFG then your reading the wrong kind of reveiws). these people i want to gather up in some sort of camp where i will repeated kick them in the balls until their brains leak out of their eyeballs.

I didn't send any death threats, but I did managed to convince ~30 people to either get DmC in a way that will not give any money to Capcom (renting, borrowing from a friend. Never suggested pirating but some of them probably will now.) or just ignore it completely. Sometimes it helps to be that one guy that everyone considers to be a video game expert.

I guess I'm a bad person now.

788Masri

I didn't send any death threats, but I did managed to convince ~30 people to either get DmC in a way that will not give any money to Capcom (renting, borrowing from a friend. Never suggested pirating but some of them probably will now.) or just ignore it completely. Sometimes it helps to be that one guy that everyone considers to be a video game expert.

Question one: did you present your reasoning by using collected and fair terms such as "if you looked at gameplay here you see etc etc" or did you just say "this game is stupid, if you buy it your stupid lol tameem dante= fagot "

Question two: did you go onto various site and post reviews despite that you never played the game? ( i asume, if you did did you give it an unfair one ie not what it deserved?)

Question three :where do you live and do you have any loved ones who could afford a PI?

youre fully within your right to discuss youre point of veiw with people and try to convince them to see things from your perspective. its called talking and is not yet illegal. i have convinced at least a few dozen people to buy said game or at lease play it so i say were even :D

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

Not really, not a bad person. Bad would be...no idea; but it wouldn't be telling people not to buy a game.
I'm glad you're proud of yourself.Please stop inflating your ego over a game. There are other people on here that also consider themselves 'video game experts' besides yourself.
Besides, loads of people used to borrow games from friends back in the day. It's not like it's anything new. Ignoring is also a good option.
You know, in a way you are following the message of the game. FIGHT THE EVIL CORPORATIONS! and don't buy their stuff. :lol:

HatredIsJoy

Question one: did you present your reasoning by using collected and fair terms such as "if you looked at gameplay here you see etc etc" or did you just say "this game is stupid, if you buy it your stupid lol tameem dante= fagot "

Question two: did you go onto various site and post reviews despite that you never played the game? ( i asume, if you did did you give it an unfair one ie not what it deserved?)

Question three :where do you live and do you have any loved ones who could afford a PI?

youre fully within your right to discuss youre point of veiw with people and try to convince them to see things from your perspective. its called talking and is not yet illegal. i have convinced at least a few dozen people to buy said game or at lease play it so i say were even :D

1)Different people require different amount of convincing. Some wanted an explanation, and I gave them writeups and videos, others just blindly believed that it's an abortion and ignored any conflicting claims because they trust me.

2)Played it, gave it 6/10 on Metacritic. Wanted to give 3/10 but decided that I can act nice for once and judge it as a separate thing and not as a new DMC game.

3)A... private investigator? At least that's the only thing that comes to my mind. Why do you even ask.

Please stop inflating your ego over a game. There are other people on here that also consider themselves 'video game experts' besides yourself.
Ah, I suppose I worded that poorly. I am not a vg expert, and I never considered myself to be one. Other people in my community just decided that spending a lot of time on video games means that I must know everything about them. It's actually pretty annoying, beause people always ask me to help them pick games and I can't refuse because I know that they'll just buy some horrible crap (like DmC :D) if left on their own.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
1).

Ah, I suppose I worded that poorly. I am not a vg expert, and I never considered myself to be one. Other people in my community just decided that spending a lot of time on video games means that I must know everything about them. It's actually pretty annoying, beause people always ask me to help them pick games and I can't refuse because I know that they'll just buy some horrible crap (like DmC :D) if left on their own.
I think it's fine if you enjoy games and know your stuff (like a favourite game genre) so you can give advice to people. That's all fine. As for me, I just say to friends 'if you like the look of it, go for it'. It's their choice. ^_^

788Masri

1)Different people require different amount of convincing. Some wanted an explanation, and I gave them writeups and videos, others just blindly believed that it's an abortion and ignored any conflicting claims because they trust me.

2)Played it, gave it 6/10 on Metacritic. Wanted to give 3/10 but decided that I can act nice for once and judge it as a separate thing and not as a new DMC game.

3)A... private investigator? At least that's the only thing that comes to my mind. Why do you even ask..

since you passed it was just incase your family could hire a private investigator who would find out that you would have been in a camp where i repeatedly kicked you in the balls if you had failed indicating youre the lowest kind of scum

buy you passed, youre the type 1 of "hater". i have nothing against you.

i too am approached on the subject of games (tho i imagine less than you) and my seal of approval has helped DmC sell a fair number of copies. it appears you are now my new rival
hehehen.gif

HatredIsJoy

Cool, never was someone's rival before. Do I have to, like, kidnap your girlfriend or try to beat you in a karate tournament now? I'm new to this kind of stuff, I hope you can understand.

GF9000000Returns

I don't disagree, but the hardcore gamer fanbase has a lot of influence over casual gamers.

Hardcore fans: "Oh, gameplay sucks and the style system's broken!"

Casual fans: "WHY DA FUQ DID YOU CHANGE MA DANTEYYY! Make his hair white please...? PLEASE?!"

But seriously it's all the fans AND Capcom's fault.

788Masri

Cool, never was someone's rival before. Do I have to, like, kidnap your girlfriend or try to beat you in a karate tournament now? I'm new to this kind of stuff, I hope you can understand.

naah its good. just always pick the pokemon that super effective against mine. then beat the league to become champion JUST before i defeat the elite fourl

Top Bottom