• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Official Un-official Debug Mode Patch

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Possibly the biggest leap forward for DMC4 Modding. A fix for that whole annoying Nero-being-in-the-game issue. :lol:
Oh um, It does other stuff too. Here's the details:

Author: The InfernalWorks Team: Xaneth, Lucas, Kittn, Keirnoth, omni, & Thin Red Paste
Version: 2.0
Filesize: 9.12MB
Mod Homepage: Infernal Works - Debug Mode Release & Update Thread
Description: This patch will update your game to Version 1.1 and allows Debug Mode to be enabled. Debug mode allows you to area jump, turn on switches (such as P1 Dante switch - which starts you off as Dante in Nero's stages) and all sorts of nifty things.
To enable Debug Mode: Press L1+L2+R1 (LB+LT+RB) at any time after the game has loaded. As of yet, it can not be activated through the keyboard. More info on Debug Mode itself (like what the switches do) is here: Debug Tutorial & Debug Patch Discussion
As of Patch 2.0 Most bugs have been squished, and it works with all known Versions of DMC4, including the elusive MULTi5.
*Known Issues: The game will self destruct at the Devil Bringer intro if you use Dante in the Tutorial. Bypass this by skipping or disabling the tutorial.

Image Previews:
devilmaycry4dx102010082.jpg

devilmaycry4dx102010082.jpg

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Superb! Thank you very much for submitting the first mod, Kittn. I'll be adding this your work to the homepage first thing tomorrow (with full credit to you, of course!)

Thanks again!

Edit: Dammit, I couldn't wait. I've published the mod here: http://devilmaycry.org/542/unofficial-debug-mode-patch.html

I realise now that I went and forgot to include a few other details I'd need for mod submissions, but I was able to grab all the necessary information from the thread on the InfernalWorks forum. I'll make sure I update my Submission Guidelines thread tomorrow to reflect the changes.

My Amazon S3 account is being a little screwy at the moment and is refusing to acknowledge that I've uploaded the mod file there, but I'll make sure to correct that tomorrow; it just means that the mod probably won't be available for an hour or two.

Thanks again!

Steve

Admin
Good question. I haven't yet had chance to sample the mod but hopefully Kittn can get back to you with an answer. I'll be updating the mod page later on today and I'll add an FAQ section and iron out some of the minor bugs.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
It looks awesome. Wow! On the front page! Whoo! Now everyone should go out and buy this game for PC -right now-! ;D

To Answer the question, so far, no. Though we haven't tested every switch yet, there is no P1 Nero Start option to turn off or on, so I don't think we're going to be able to.

However, Dante's model can be replaced by Nero's with very few issues. (this was never possible the other way around without some seriously big flaws - like faces disappearing and legs not being where they ought to...) Unfortunately it is still Dante's gameplay, but if all you're looking for is Nero's model, that's certainly possible.

omni

Oh hai.
LoL, kittn went a little too far with the Infernal Works "Team" (Although there really isn't one) thing there. I actually changed the thank-you list to avoid that kind of thing.

Steve

Admin
Hey omni! Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forums. It's awesome having more talented modders signing up. Man, I wish I even knew where to begin with this sort of thing.

Also: I'll be re-re-updating the mod page again this week and further optimizing the mods database system. Cool things a-comin', folks. ;)

Steve

Admin
It will only work for PC versions of DMC4. The reason for the controller input commands is that the PC version of DMC4 will allow you to use an Xbox 360 controller to play it. Also, the mod can only be enabled using the controller and not a standard keyboard - as per my understanding.

omni

@Steve:
Thanks man. There's a bunch of modding guides at IW if you're interested.
As for using debug mode with a keyboard, you can do it if you use PPjoy with the right settings. In fact, I'm too lazy to fetch my gamepad most of the time so I usually use a keyboard.
I'm going to make a PPjoy guide (Possibly uploading the proper settings), but only when I have some free time, which doesn't happen quite as often these days.

Top Bottom