• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The number one question

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
What is Dante's friggin password?
Anyone?
This hasn't come up in discussions or debates for too long. I can't stand it anymore. I need to know.
Who knows what it is?
Who can guess what it is?
Who can find out what it is?

Reactions: Meg

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
The password... Is password. In Devil May Cry 4 Trish says we have a costumer who knows the password and Dante gets right on it.

Heh I bet Dante just dose that as an excuse to not work. Is they don't know the "password" he won't take the job. Perhaps the password can be Devils Never Cry. Or maby the password is Alvin's hot juice box. Whoever knows! Dante probably dosn't know either. Whoever dose know... Yeah no one dose. :p

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I think I know this. It's....Pizza - very thin crust, extra sauce, light on the cheese with thin sliced fresh tomatoes, seasoned chicken, thin rings of purple
onion, finished off with marinated artichoke hearts.

You bring that, you're in.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The password could have been used for anything or heck she may just have used that as a "magic word" instead of saying "You've got a job to do this"

It also implies that Dante may do jobs other than just killing demons that's why she said "This one has the password"

IncarnatedDemon

client: Hel...lo? big demon, i am in peril!
Dante: and the password? Do you know it?
client: yes
Dante: What is it?
client: "Dante the demon killah"
Dante: not quite
client: oh yes i forgot the last part "has a nice ring to it?"
Dante: Now say it in one go :)
*demon slash*
*scream*
client: ...
Dante: What a punk.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The answer is on the DMC2 novel. I thought I already answered this. I haven't read it in a while, is there an online version of it like the first novel?

Anyway, if I remember correctly the password is 'devils are your opponents/enemies.' Don't remember which is the right one.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
You lie. Where? I just read it two days ago and it said nothing of passwords. Then again, I wasn't looking out for it so I'll go read it again.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It was around the time him and Enzo were hanging out and Dante at his office at the beginning of the book and Dante told him to stop talking, that the phone was about to ring and on the other line the redhead said the password.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
It was around the time him and Enzo were hanging out and Dante at his office at the beginning of the book and Dante told him to stop talking, that the phone was about to ring and on the other line the redhead said the password.

True but they didn't actually say the password itself.:(

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Most probably the password is just this: demons.This word seems to trigger a reaction from him ( least in DMC4, where Dante was apathetic to it in the beggining).

berto

I Saw the Devil
True but they didn't actually say the password itself.:(

You've got the book? I lost my copy a long while ago. It's there, I'm 100% positive, I remember it very clearly. It's what Beryl said over the phone, the very first thing she said.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
You've got the book? I lost my copy a long while ago. It's there, I'm 100% positive, I remember it very clearly. It's what Beryl said over the phone, the very first thing she said.

Nope. There's no scene where she actually makes the phone call. Prologue has her leveling the temple with a demon. First chapter starts with Dante's office. It's not said that she's the one who hired Dante until something like Chapter 2/3 where she outright admits it.
But no password.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I gatta look into this because I know it's there. It'll have to wait till I get another copy, though.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I have DMC2 novel.In page 20, Dante says he takes the job and that person has the password, but he doesn't say what it is.
In page 30, however it says the message he received was " your enemies are devils".
Then again , when Beryl explains the calling, he reacts again to the word "demons".So, the most probable password is devils/demons.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I have DMC2 novel.In page 20, Dante says he takes the job and that person has the password, but he doesn't say what it is.
In page 30, however it says the message he received was " your enemies are devils".
Then again , when Beryl explains the calling, he reacts again to the word "demons".So, the most probable password is devils/demons.

That might be it. I was pretty sure that that was the password since it was established that Dante would only take a job if they had the password, which is a specific phrase or word, it wouldn't be something as simple or easy to guess as devil or demon other wise it's not really a password, and, now that it's established, we see him take action at this.

PS: I was looking into the phrase and it seems that it's a quote from Lincoln.
"Your enemies are devils incarnate"

Top Bottom