• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The nicest thing anyone has ever done for you

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm, for me it would have to be when I was in college. I was failing math badly and I'd just about given up when my teacher found me snoozing in the library after hours. He decided to take time out of his day to sit down and help me learn until I understood. Looking back on it, it also taught me the value of hard work and not giving up. I passed the exam but i never did see him again to thank him.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Ooh, this is a tough one, indeed. There have been many occasions where someone has done something unexpectedly nice--great or small; friend, acquaintance, or complete stranger.

I'd say the most recent thing would involve one of my neighbour's. I've barely exchanged a dozen words with the one on my left, and he mowed both my front and back yards for me this past weekend. He had told my husband (before he left on his course back in April) that if I had any trouble, I could ask for his help. I hadn't expected him to do it, because I hadn't asked.

I tried to pay him for the mower's gas, but he said it was no trouble. ^^;

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well I went to the shops the other day, my first time out alone with baby and the two older kids. Bubs started howling his little head off while I was unpacking the trolley, so this lady came up to me all frazzled and asked if she could just hold him for me. She held him while I paid and packed everything into the car. It was such a nice thing to do and I'm still appreciative of it. Faith in humanity = restored.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh, a friend of mine went and bought two boxes full of baby clothes just for me. Yeah they're second-hand and they were cheap, but it was still a lovely gesture since I had NOTHING for baby to wear at that stage.

My best friend/big-sister has been piling cool things on me: a jolly-jumper, a carry-cot, some special blankets and clothes, a baby camera-monitor, and she paid for a babysitter for at least four hours.

And my good friend Shadow sent me homemade choc-chip biscuits all the way from America to New Zealand. I swear nobody can beat those biscuits, they're the best I've ever had hands-down.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I can't remember when someone did something nice for me... um my hubby before we started going out would always buy me things and take me out because my ex was an ass. Lol

Most of the time I'm nice person helping out. Sigh -.-

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Like others have said, so many. But one stands out right now as I think about it.

When Jessica was about 18 months old, she got bacterial pneumonia and was very sick with it. When she finally came out of hospital, several things happened which meant I was more than broke and couldn't afford, well, life. I was a single parent and money-wise had about £40 per week for the two of us to live on, pay bills, clothes, heating etc.

So anyway, I was standing at the bus stop one morning next to this very elderly lady who commented on Jessica's residual cough. After some conversation, we somehow got around to how I couldn't afford to feed my daughter nor heat our home. Now don't ask me how she found out my address or anything, but a few days later she turns up at my door with a tall man carrying a HUGE box full of food, clothes and toiletries, plus toys for Jessica.

She did this a further 4 times throughout the year and I never was able to find her again to say thank you. But she pretty much saved our lives that winter.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well god bless that woman that was lovely of her
I've lost count of the number of people who kept us from going back to the homeless shelters over the years before I met Steve. One high school did a charity drive and bought Christmas for us one year - tree, food, presents, the works.

I'm not proud and I hope I never become that way - if someone wants to give me an aid box, then I'm damn well going to take it with both hands and ever-gratefully. Does no one any good if you stop people from blessing you - because if you let people help you then one day you can help other people in turn.

Top Bottom