• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Future of Devil May Cry?

I Make The Devils Cry

I am sure most of you have heard that Capcom is in dire straights right now with a reported 152 million left on them. Sure to the individual this doesn't sound like you'd never consider you're going bankrupt, however to developers and publishers in the video game industry this is getting close to a very bad position (and their emergency plan isn't likely to help either by the way). So, with all of that in mind, it's quite possible, and highly likely they will sell a number of their IP to other developers/publishers so that they can stay afloat, like what THQ had done, which means we may see a number of franchises go to different places now.

Given that Capcom had assigned for Ninja Theory to develop the latest, DmC: Devil May Cry, it is possible that they would continue to develop further games if the IP was purchased by someone who would continue the series in that direction, or it may go back to it's roots, and the reboot may be a one hit wonder and never expanded upon. Well, what do you think; what will happen to Devil May Cry?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I hope NT take DmC: Devil may Cry, and Capcom actually try to make up with P*'s Kamiya and hand the original DMC series to them. I really don't care for the original series, but more so about DmC.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
In all honesty, if Capcom does happen to go under, I doubt they'd sell Dmc over to NT and I doubt NT would happily oblige. They see the damage things can do and for a company that's in hot water, that would be a dunderhead move on both ends. Either they swallow their pride and give the rights of the characters over to PG or they cut their loses while their ahead and let the franchise die.

My guess is the latter because Cap a d*cks like that sometimes.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
what im wondering is if the two DMCs can be sold seperatedly or if you have to buy both to control the iP?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
One i hope capcom doesnt go under its a great franchise and while it has made mistakes it would hurt to see it go and im praying to god that devil may cry doesnt just die

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
NT doesn't seem that unhappy about how DmC did. Sadly, I think the old Devil May Cry will never return. Once Capcom has set its mind to something, they'll probably stick to it. I doubt they'll let Devil May Cry die; they felt the need to reboot/reimagine it, after all. Haven't heard Capcom say anything about being close to the edge, either - they seem alright, at the moment, so let's not put too much stock in some random (possibly biased) websites.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
NT doesn't seem that unhappy about how DmC did. Sadly, I think the old Devil May Cry will never return. Once Capcom has set its mind to something, they'll probably stick to it. I doubt they'll let Devil May Cry die; they felt the need to reboot/reimagine it, after all. Haven't heard Capcom say anything about being close to the edge, either - they seem alright, at the moment, so let's not put too much stock in some random (possibly biased) websites.
True but some people believed, much like Marvel vs Capcom, it could be revived to draw in some dough regardless of what form it's in. But you're probably right. Capcom probably isn't as deep in the gutter as we'd like to think. It would suck to watch them just kick the bucket after all.... Nostalgia is heavy in this one >_<

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Capcom didn't seem very unhappy about how Resident Evil 6 came out (they were disappointed by its sales) but now they seem to be returning to RE survival horror roots despite the action oriented direction they were taken it with RE5, Mercenaries, and RE6.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Capcom didn't seem very unhappy about how Resident Evil 6 came out (they were disappointed by its sales) but now they seem to be returning to RE survival horror roots despite the action oriented direction they were taken it with RE5, Mercenaries, and RE6.

I perfered RE 6 overall fun game loved the controls the plot etc very well made game

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Heh heh tell that to 75% of everybody else (50% of them saying RE6 is the worst RE game ever).

Seriously!!!!!???? but it was so good whats their problem with it graphics gameplay storyline you can run shoot and aim all at the same bloody time!!!! what could possibly be there issue

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Seriously!!!!!???? but it was so good whats their problem with it graphics gameplay storyline you can run shoot and aim all at the same bloody time!!!! what could possibly be there issue

Maybe its because its not survival horror and a straight up shooter (well it can be survival horror during Leon's campaign but its shooter everywhere else) therefore it is not Resident Evil.

Top Bottom