• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Fascinating(ly Sarcastic) History of Gaming

Meg

The Fascinating(ly Sarcastic) History of Gaming

Pong.

A black screen featuring two rectangles and a circle. Who’d a thought this simple and down right boring game would start the Video Game Revolution? Ok so Pong wasn’t even the first video game, but for my sanity’s sake we’re skipping over Tennis for Two.

pong.png

Avant Garde

Alright so fast forward some years or so….PACMAN! Genius concept if you ask me. What’s a better combo than gaming and eating? So thank God to the people that thought up the game where all the character does is eat. Personally I think Pacman is the first and only character that every gamer can relate to. After all, he’s just like us!

*skip skip skip*…NES! Never had one. It was important though. How? How should I know I never had one! Moving on to….Game Boy! I had one of these! What a brilliant piece of cheap Chinese manufactured plastic. It finally answered the age old question every gamer had at the time, “What if I have to leave the house?” Before, gamers had to turn their system off and inject themselves with drugs every hour to keep themselves from going through game withdrawal. But now, thanks to Game Boy, they can turn the NES off and grab the handheld. They don’t even have to be game deprived while taking that long journey to the bathroom. Thanks Nintendo!

10347-gameboy_large.jpg

Every lazy gamer's dream

What’s next? Uhhhh PlayStation! Oh my God Crash Bandicoot! *skip skip skip* Final Fantasy VII! Who gives a sh*t? Not me that game sucks! :p

images.jpg

Crappy overrated games FTW!

*skip skip skip* PlayStation 2! Best selling console of all time! (don’t know if that’s true) Jak and Daxter! Devil May Cry! Let’s not forget Persona 3! *sniff* The ending still gets to me.

devilmaycry.jpg

Perhaps You've heard of it?

Something about a purple box with a handle blah blah blah…Oh yeah it had Resi 4, very important game I didn’t like. *skip skip skip*

PSP! What a failure! Honestly this thing is the reject child of video game systems. It was probably dropped on its head when it was born. Oh yeah and the DS was a big hit.

free-psp.jpg

Gaming's biggest problem child

PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, yeah yeah yeah

Oh my God Kirby’s Epic Freaking Yarn!

181744-header.jpg

Oh.My.God.

Annnnd last but not least, the best and most important part of video game history!!!! *drumroll*

final-fantasy-xiii-20091214031656571_640w.jpg

ZOMG Lightning! annd……those other guys in the background I don’t care about.

---------------

So what'd you guys think?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
LOL ^_^ That made me laugh like a little girl. I don't understand how a little girl would laugh any different than me, but I'm guessing she'd have a feminine giggle. And that's what I got. Plus, if I was drinking, I would of got the choke-laugh from spitting out my drink.

Pacman didn't eat though, well he did. What he ate was, pills? *.* Pacman was on drugs the whole time, seeing different coloured jellyfishes following him around. To me, it looks like little tiny biscuits he's eating. Like, mini cheddars or something lol They're a biscuit/crisp, so still a biscuit.

Agreed the PS2 is the best games console ever made. And the PSP was a pretty rubbish piece of scrap metal.

+ Rep

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Wait, you dont like FFVII? Or PSP? :(

Also, nice post btw.
PS2 is awesome. Like the best ever, seriously.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Hehe, that was funny. There are many versions of Pacman eating something. :p There's a game where Mario throws pills, man...I'd hate to be hit with one of those. :lol:

FFVII was the first FF game I've ever played, but meh. *shrugs* Each his own. :)

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Faust;292521 said:
FFVII was the first FF game I've ever played, but meh. *shrugs* Each his own. :)
It was my first too. We had a good time together. :cool:

aka958

Don't trust people
Esura;292562 said:
It was my first too. We had a good time together. :cool:

Final Fantasy VII was the seventh FF game I bought. :lol:

Final Fantasy VIII was the first I played, Final Fantasy X was the first I owned and beated.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
aka958;292563 said:
Final Fantasy VIII was the first I played, Final Fantasy X was the first I owned and beated.

I actually didn't really enjoy FFVIII very much, I tried to get into it but it didn't work lol. :wacko:

Top Bottom