• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Divine Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Just what are the divine comedy?

Who are the members?

And are there some characters names that would be part of the next game?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I'll answer your first question...
The Divine Comedy is a book consisting of 100 cantos divided into 3 main parts- "Inferno" "Purgatorio" and "Paradiso".

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The Divine Comedy is a piece of literature written by written by Itallian poet, Dante Alighieri.

I'm not entirely sure of the whole story myself, but it involves the telling of Dante's journey through the three realms of the dead, the first of which being Inferno, or Hell, including all of it's nine circles, the second is Purgatorio (Purgatory) and Paradiso, which is basically Heaven.

In Hell, Dante comes across Virgil (Vergil, see the link? :lol:) who is sent to be Dante's guide through the Nine Circles of Hell.

That's basically all I know of The Divine Comedy, but I could suggest a search on Wikipedia for more information on the subject.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
anyone who wants to know my second question. Who are the members/people of this divine comedy?

Saix

Devil's Advocate
As above the Divine Comedy is a poem where Dante is lead through the three realms of the dead.Virgil leads him through the first two, Hell and Purgatory. Beatrice, a woman Dante met in childhood and loved, leads him through heaven.

Dante meets loads of people including, Horace, Homer, Ovid and Lucan the poets and Socrates and Plato the philosophers.

Ceberus (the dog)is present in the third circle of Hell.

They go to heaven and meet lots of Saints, Constantine and others. I'm sure theres lots of boss and demon associations but theres so much...

Wiki has Mass info on it. GREAT book...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Makes sense really, the names are vaguely similar.

Beatrice.
Trish.
Trice.
Trish.

:lol: Maybe I'm just nit-picking, but you're probably right.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well those peeps were saying how it was likely that Beatrice was Trish "or something" which I think is silly, because dmc isn't 100% related to the divine comedy, or I'm not sure if the two are even linked? I don't know :lol:

Saix

Devil's Advocate
Well they aren't 'really' linked other than the fact that the two unusual names of Vergil and Dante appear as well as some bosses and demons.

Beatrice is Dante's 'ideal woman' which we would imagine is Trish but yeah. It could be nothing? But if in a few years a random chick appears by that name, we'll all shout I told you so!

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Um... okay are you guys talking about Trish here or my questions about who are the divine comedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom