• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Devil May Cry 5 Wishlist

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
It's coming. Probably. Most likely. Maybe. Just enough potential there for one.

Who are we kidding? It's coming. It'll be here in just a week at E3. And that begs the question....what would you like to see for a DMC5?

I just have a small list of five things. And while there is a lot I want, I'll keep my wishes realistic at least:

1-A story that's a throwback to the canon. Bring back Mundus....or something like that. Basically, make a story that truly connects to the rest of the series. Maybe even add some flashbacks.

2-Nero as a mainstay. You introduced him as a major player in DMC4, Capcom. Now, stick with him. Though, this time, let's keep the divide between him and Dante squarely even and split in half. Ten missions for each of them.

3-More of the world. Ever wonder where...hell, everyone was when Temen Ni Gru sprouted out from underground? Where were the firemen, or police...or survivors, or weekend soldiers? Let's see the collateral, and some more of the world these characters are in!

4-A hub. The Devil May Cry is Dante's base of operations, so shouldn't it feel like one? Instead of having a static 2D menu to select your missions, why not have his workplace act as a central hub where you can customize him, select missions, interact with Trish/other characters, and just about everything else?

5-Sparda making an appearance as an actual character - maybe even playable. And must be mo-capped and voiced by Jason Frank. MUST!

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't really share your optimism regarding the possibilities of the announcement but here's my first two off the top of my hand.

Don make the villan some human whose obsessesd with getting demonic power, be it Sparda's or just in general.

Don't make the villan some unimpressive a'hole who Dante could easily beat up on a straight fight like Arius or Sanctus. The opponent is just as important as the hero and the more formitible the enemy the greater the victory.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That was just the ones off the top my head. I got plenty more, just give me time.

Viper

Premium
I want Vergil back, not as playable character in Dante's/Nero's missions, but as part of canon. And if he is to be a villain, so be it... though I won't lie, I'll punch some pillows in frustration... but at least develop him more, give us what is making Vergil what he is. Oh, and ultimate coming of age ritual for Nero, where he has to stand up to Vergil, son vs. father, "why did you do it, dad?", etc. (if I'm sounding confusing, in nutshell - recently I've been reading on Geese Howard, so I thought to myself, that would make a good base for antagonist Vergil)

Dante and Lady finally finish that kiss from the library and maybe something more... no, it doesn't have to be some amazing, sappy romance story, but the tension is driving me up the wall.

Despite what the rest of the fandom says, I don't want bonus costumes to be just recycled old outfits, I want something fresh. And possibly even access to Dante's closet or something like that for customization, adding accessories and so on.

I think that's it for now, the rest was actually covered already by others.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I like all your points, mate. I was also thinking of number 4 myself recently. Dante's shop should have it where you can interact with things. You could customize the characters, play pool, grab some pizza. They could do anything for starting up missions. The phone could ring every minute or so and if you go towards it, an animation begins with Dante jumping back onto his chair kicking his foot on the table and sending the phone up into the air where he grabs it and answers...or, you go over to the jukebox and it's got a number of options on it where you can select missions etc Or even just an action from potting balls into the holes from the pool table. Each corner could have something on it such as missions, and you just select what you want and Dante hits a ball into it and it starts up. They could come up with anything!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
All this talk about Dante's shop as a hub makes a particular question naturally come up... something like a hub with interactive things and customization options is something better fit for an open world... so hear this: since this is the freaking new gen, how many of you would be happy if Capcom got rid of the old ass mission based structure and go out open world?

Yes that's my wish right there. Open world. Mind you, it doesn't have to be massive, like Dragon's Dogma or Witcher 3. Open means open, not big.

I think Capcom should do this jump. Obviously, free to disagree of you think missions are more suited for a DMC game. Or just cause of nostalgia.

Frazz

General gamer
All this talk about Dante's shop as a hub makes a particular question naturally come up... something like a hub with interactive things and customization options is something better fit for an open world... so hear this: since this is the freaking new gen, how many of you would be happy if Capcom got rid of the old ass mission based structure and go out open world?

Yes that's my wish right there. Open world. Mind you, it doesn't have to be massive, like Dragon's Dogma or Witcher 3. Open means open, not big.

I think Capcom should do this jump. Obviously, free to disagree of you think missions are more suited for a DMC game. Or just cause of nostalgia.
As much as an open DMC sounds appealing I think the combat and enemy design wouldn't work with an open world unfortunately. With an open world you lose an element of control that linear games have and DMC in my opinion has great level design so I don't think it needs an open world. It would be interesting for an open DMC but I'm not convinced it could work in the hack n' slash genre as open games like Witcher 3 and Skyrim have far simpler combat to mesh with the open world.

What I would like for a DMC 5 is a return to Mallet island with it being rebuilt with new areas like a huge theatre and other things.

I'd also like a story that has 20 missions for Dante and 20 missions for Vergil... Yep a 40 mission campaign. At the end of both campaigns you'd have Dante and Vergil team up DMC3 Arkham style on a boss.

I'm not convinced about DMC5 being a thing but if it is then these are the things I'd love to see.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Part of me wants to see an open world but then the mission ranking system would have to be sacrificed. Still, with DMC's combat, it wouldn't get boring and I'd love to see little things that they can hide. I would like for it to be done kind of like in Darksiders 2. Maybe a little bigger. Anyway, you'd get a bunch of places visited in the past like Mallet Island, The Fortuna City, and maybe some new ones. Since you run a demon hunting business, you'd get a bunch of missions there, together with some bigger main quest leading to some kind of a new villain.

@Frazz
Hey, it worked for Darksiders 2, it could work here.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I want that Bayonetta 2 feel integrated into DMC5 with impressive looking bosses and an epic fights. Bayo 2 turned up their game by going to hell, back in time, and back all in one game. If DMC5 can't deliver that, then there's no point in it competing.

A deeper story lore as oppose to "everything is Sparda's fault, now go fix it, Dante."

BEIGE. TRENCHCOAT. That is all.

Vergil's return.

a few other things too.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In terms of story I want this game to get me excited in the classic characters and their world again and to be treated with a little more care than before.

DMC isnt a bad story but it just felt half-baked at times. I'm cool with the building on the past suggestion in the main post because it be interesting to see how Dante/Vergil grew up or using Dante's discarded past as a mercenary from the first light novel etc.

In terms of game-play I'm cool with the idea of a hub world and toying with the idea of an open world hack n slash game. I wouldn't mind if Nero got a more melee based style and his arm has more skills than Snatch.

Last edited:

GabrielXx

i just want A full DMC5 where the Focus is Put back on Dante and i want the game to go back to its roots in regards to Game Play. we need to go back to the Areas of DMC1 and DMC3, i really want Trish to have a bigger role then she has had in the games and i would like there to be some interaction between them to flesh them out more. i would also like Dante's Design to be pretty simple maybe a Mix of his DMC2 and DMC4 costumes. styles need to come back like they where in DMC4, but his moves need to be greatly expanded.

bring back wall running and Stuff like Free ride and i want a villain who can really push Dante to the edge. i just want a simple story of Dante saving the world that's it, after all the odd stuff in DMC4 and then the reboot right now i think the best thing to do is just bring this back down to DMC3 and improve on what was there without any of this Nero/ vergil dad crap. i also want Dante himself to be much more mature now and closer to DMC1 Dante..we got some of that in DMC4 and i hope we can move even further in that Direction

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
1. going the DMC3 direction

2. better or at least equal to the characterization in DMC3

3. bigger world, with main quest and side quest, if we want to loose the missions style, the sidequests could go like that, maybe that'll be our source of orbs and all, and maybe it could be tougher than the main quest

4. and i like your point 3 and 4, specifically i want a more lively/actually inhabited world, but make it more like 3, it's fantasical yet i could still sense it's a modern world too..

5. do it in DMC3 sense of artistry and atmosphere

6. test dante to his limit, i very much want to see dante in bruises and dried blood like the guy in my avatar, with empty stare/angry.. i want dante to be angry, like a child getting his candy taken by his parents.. HAH!

7. less chitty chatty and theatrical dante.. just the fit amount

8. at least show more of daddy, instead of making it like an uber legend/myth..

9. make the costumes fantasical with a more modern touch, DMC2 and DMC3 nailed it

10. mythical/deity enemies

11. all platform

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To be honest I'm not too keen on Dante being the main focus mostly because they haven't figured out what to do with him post DMC1 and in result he just feels there. Literally the only episodes worth rewatching in the anime are the ones that dont really focus on him.

I would not mind a new character and story divorced from the main stuff but after DMC4/DmC I don't see them doing that anytime soon so if he is to return then make him POP!!! (metaphorically/artistically).

Give him something to strive for and from a gameplay perspective give him some new "tricks" of his own.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
I gave my thoughts on a future DMC5, but I like sharing where I can.
1. Return of Lucia.
2. Return of Vergil.
3. That it take place after 2. Give us a sequel.
4. Keep the multiple playable characters. Even if its only in bloodypalace. I appreciate variety.
5. Angels. Friend, foe, or playable character.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
1. New sword wielding characters
2. Angels
3. Sequel please!
4. Multiple playable characters!
5. Better story!

Last edited:

Vergil Crosse

Vergil could certainly use a comeback and his own story line. The one thing I would LOVE to see more than anything is a cooperative mode as well as a VS mode. That would be crazy! The open world idea is quite interesting though as well.

Top Bottom