• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Devil Bringer vs. The Son of Sparda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
I know we all haven't seen much of Nero, but many people have expressed their dislike of him "replacing" Dante as the main protaganist. But I was wondering, what if it was Nero who was introduced as DMC's main character in DMC 1, and Dante was the new face. How do you think the series would differ? Do you believe you would still be an avid fan of the series? Do you think if this were the case and Dante was the new face, would it be a good or bad direction for the series to go? And would Dante receive the "bad press" that Nero is receiving now?

anit4e

Gaara *kiss*
well that did not happend and its not going to happen i just dont like the idea ,,NERO THE MAIN PROTAGANIST,, :(

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Im sorry you feel that way, but that wasn't my question. Im not going to bash Nero until I get my copy of the game and play with him myself. But if you would like, please answer the questions I have posed. What if?

anit4e

Gaara *kiss*
hehehehehhheh :D :D YOU GOT ME THERE ok maybe you're right we stil dont know anything so...we have to w8 until the game is out. Are you angry at me?? ;)

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Not at all. You are entitled to feel the way you do about Nero, I was just wondering what everyone would think if Nero and Dante were switched. Here's what I think.

1. The series would be successful, but NOT as successful as it is now. Dante's ***k you personallity is part of what draws players.

2. Obviously, the story would be a lot different. I think instead of all the "Dante's Inferno" references, we would get a lot of Roman Empire references. Nero's brother would be named Augustus or Caligula (though Sparda would still fit pretty perfectly as their father), Trish would become Minerva or something etc.

3. Sparda would not be such a driving force in the storyline. Dante's hate of his father also drives the story.

4. Nero would have more limited abilities, as he is human and only has the Devil Bringer. (at least that what we're led to believe right now).

5. The introduction of Dante into DMC 4 would be hailed as the greatest addition to Devil May Cry since Vegil's addition to DMC 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom