• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The definitive Nero's Origins thread

What do you think Nero is? No answer = none of these choices

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

I've never seen anyone propose the theory that Nero is a long descendant of Yamato. We saw in DMC3 that Devil Arms are names after the demons they used to be, we can assume that Yamato houses the soul of the demon with the same name. That would explain how Nero was able to fix it.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I've never seen anyone propose the theory that Nero is a long descendant of Yamato. We saw in DMC3 that Devil Arms are names after the demons they used to be, we can assume that Yamato houses the soul of the demon with the same name. That would explain how Nero was able to fix it.

Thats...very interesting...and new...and makes sense...a lot of sense...this requires some thought and background research nice job meg you have successfully given the nero origin debate a new angle one that does not reak of circumstance

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

But since Nero is very similar to Dante and Vergil both in appearance as well as demeanor, would that mean Yamato is a relative of Sparda? Could we infer that Yamato may have had white hair too, and was at some point in a relationship with a human? Nero seems to be part human, after all. This would mean the whole relationship between Sparda and Eva isn't legendary at all, seeing as how multiple demons would have had relationships with humans. Besides, not all devil arms are named after demons, I'd say. The Rebellion, for example - I doubt there was ever a demon called Rebellion :p And there couldn't be, because the Rebellion was forged by Sparda, I think, just like the Yamato. Then there's Lucifer, which isn't named after Berial. Unless Berial killed a demon, got his soul and let that soul replace his own... or something.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
But since Nero is very similar to Dante and Vergil both in appearance as well as demeanor, would that mean Yamato is a relative of Sparda? Could we infer that Yamato may have had white hair too, and was at some point in a relationship with a human? Nero seems to be part human, after all. This would mean the whole relationship between Sparda and Eva isn't legendary at all, seeing as how multiple demons would have had relationships with humans. Besides, not all devil arms are named after demons, I'd say. The Rebellion, for example - I doubt there was ever a demon called Rebellion :p And there couldn't be, because the Rebellion was forged by Sparda, I think, just like the Yamato. Then there's Lucifer, which isn't named after Berial. Unless Berial killed a demon, got his soul and let that soul replace his own... or something.

*sigh* always more questions

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
This should be the final Nero thread.

4.Nero is not Vergil's son; Vergil would be around thirty in DMC4. Thirty minus nineteen makes eleven. Vergil conceived Nero when he was eleven? Not only that, but presumably when he was under Mundus's control, since he was kidnapped when he was eight? :/Nero is not Vergil's son; Vergil would be around thirty in DMC4. Thirty minus nineteen makes eleven. Vergil conceived Nero when he was eleven? Not only that, but presumably when he was under Mundus's control, since he was kidnapped when he was eight? :/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

+I heard a lot of sources say that Nero is either 16 or 17. That would have made Vergil 13 or 14.

I like the poll options, too. Nero is either A - Vergil's son or B - Dante's nephew XD That's the same option presented in two different ways. I voted B.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
:lol: :lol: :lol:

+I heard a lot of sources say that Nero is either 16 or 17. That would have made Vergil 13 or 14.

I like the poll options, too. Nero is either A - Vergil's son or B - Dante's nephew XD That's the same option presented in two different ways. I voted B.

Oh c.rap. I didn't mean Dante's nephew, I meant... first cousin? How does this work in English? Like, the son of Sparda's brother or sister. That. :p There's no distinction between cousin and nephew in Dutch; they're both called 'neef' (male) or 'nicht' (female).

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Anyway, does anybody else have ideas about Nero and how he might come back? I know there's a new thread that talks about how you would like to see Nero return in a DmC game, and to be honest, this ****es me off. This thread might not get any attention because of that other thread. That, or it'll make people bored of talking about Nero, which will also lead to nobody commenting in this thread. If you want to discuss Nero more broadly, ask me to delete this thread (or an admin, I guess). Oh, and I think Nero being an experiment was originally my idea, not anyone else's. No offense. I posted that view in the thread Nero's Origins: What do You Think? when I had just become a member two years back, around November 2011, I think.

So, Nero in DMC4. What do you think he is? Is he Vergil's son (even though that goes against the DMC lore), is he Dante's first cousin, or is he a clone or experiment? Or is he perhaps something entirely different? We know he's not fully human, at least. New members are encouraged to discuss, too!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
This would mean the whole relationship between Sparda and Eva isn't legendary at all, seeing as how multiple demons would have had relationships with humans. Besides, not all devil arms are named after demons, I'd say. The Rebellion, for example - I doubt there was ever a demon called Rebellion :p And there couldn't be, because the Rebellion was forged by Sparda, I think, just like the Yamato. Then there's Lucifer, which isn't named after Berial. Unless Berial killed a demon, got his soul and let that soul replace his own... or something.

You're missing the point about the legend. What makes Sparda and Eva stand out is simply who Sparda is, not what he is. He's the guy who took a stand and fought against his kin for the sake of a 'weak' race. This goes against the grain of demons whose main purpose is to obtain absolute power. They state this time and again over in the games. Sparda picked something as evasive and questionable as LOVE over something more palpable and obtainable as POWER. That's what the legend is about, because as you said, they're not the first demon/human couple. There's another couple mentioned in the anime and then there's Nero/Kyrie, it's not that out of the ordinary.

I agree about the swords. I'm fairly sure Sparda forged those by his own hand. There had to be something special about them other than the fact they belonged to him. Either that, or, going on fan speculation, they once were demons - I'm not that keen on that theory, though. If Rebellion was a demon, Sparda would have had to defeat it in order to gain the devil arm, which brings up the question: what sort of demon would have been named Rebellion? If you consider what the name itself entails....I don't know. I feel that takes away from Sparda's legend a little. :/

Anyway, does anybody else have ideas about Nero and how he might come back? I know there's a new thread that talks about how you would like to see Nero return in a DmC game, and to be honest, this ****es me off. This thread might not get any attention because of that other thread. That, or it'll make people bored of talking about Nero, which will also lead to nobody commenting in this thread. If you want to discuss Nero more broadly, ask me to delete this thread (or an admin, I guess). Oh, and I think Nero being an experiment was originally my idea, not anyone else's. No offense. I posted that view in the thread Nero's Origins: What do You Think? when I had just become a member two years back, around November 2011, I think.

So, Nero in DMC4. What do you think he is? Is he Vergil's son (even though that goes against the DMC lore), is he Dante's first cousin, or is he a clone or experiment? Or is he perhaps something entirely different? We know he's not fully human, at least. New members are encouraged to discuss, too!

I don't see how creating a thread discussing Nero's origins and a thread discussing the many ways you can bring Nero back into the game are the same, nor how they would take away from each other. This part of your post actually put me off from posting in this thread just because of the juvenile temperament. Don't diss on other people's threads, dude, it's very unbecoming.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
You're missing the point about the legend. What makes Sparda and Eva stand out is simply who Sparda is, not what he is. He's the guy who took a stand and fought against his kin for the sake of a 'weak' race. This goes against the grain of demons whose main purpose is to obtain absolute power. They state this time and again over in the games. Sparda picked something as evasive and questionable as LOVE over something more palpable and obtainable as POWER. That's what the legend is about, because as you said, they're not the first demon/human couple. There's another couple mentioned in the anime and then there's Nero/Kyrie, it's not that out of the ordinary.

I agree about the swords. I'm fairly sure Sparda forged those by his own hand. There had to be something special about them other than the fact they belonged to him. Either that, or, going on fan speculation, they once were demons - I'm not that keen on that theory, though. If Rebellion was a demon, Sparda would have had to defeat it in order to gain the devil arm, which brings up the question: what sort of demon would have been named Rebellion? If you consider what the name itself entails....I don't know. I feel that takes away from Sparda's legend a little. :/

I don't see how creating a thread discussing Nero's origins and a thread discussing the many ways you can bring Nero back into the game are the same, nor how they would take away from each other. This part of your post actually put me off from posting in this thread just because of the juvenile temperament. Don't diss on other people's threads, dude, it's very unbecoming.

I think he just meant that a thread titled the definitive origins of nero should be the one posted in most in terms of ideas, origins etc and that double "threading i guess" isnt necessary

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

Well, I disagree. It's important to note that demons did not usually have children with humans. Pretty logical, really, since they're seen as... demons. Nobody today would have children with demons if they existed. I don't know which demon/human couple you're referring to, as I have not watched the anime, I've only played the games. I thought the anime (the first episodes, at least), was pretty dull. Both Sparda's choice of love over power AND my statement are correct.

I don't believe it has even once been said in the games that all demons want to obtain power. Demons' purpose is not to obtain absolute power; that's Vergil you're thinking of. Trish or Lucia, or even Sparda couldn't care less. That's how Sparda was able to end up with Eva, too. Sure, Sparda was well-known as the demon ruler's lieutenant, but come on, any demon would have to have gone against their kind and their family just like Sparda did.

I will 'diss' them however much I like, if there's a chance the same topics will be talked about there, and if it's taking all the attention away from this thread. I never said they were exactly the same. I'd rather have this thread closed than to go into great detail about things that don't pertain to the thread's topic. Just a short while ago, ef9 and VOLPE were talking about something completely different (no harm done, though). If it goes on like that, then yes, I'll have to end this thread. Nothing juvenile about that.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

news_dmc_devil_may_cry_cg_trailer-13694.jpg

*censored*
K,cheers.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
news_dmc_devil_may_cry_cg_trailer-13694.jpg

*censored*
K,cheers.

And cheers to you, good sir :troll:

But you get it, right? Never was it said that demons' only purpose is to obtain power; that's Vergil you're thinking of. Just imagine how powerful each and every demon would have to be if that were true - even scarecrows :p Demons often lack love, but that doesn't mean they all desire power.

EDIT: Anyway, I think I'll close this thread, since nobody seems to notice this one, or just doesn't care. Maybe I'll revive the old Nero's Origins thread, to save space. Although, I doubt people still have the energy to talk about Nero seriously. Aside from that, there's new members who probably don't even know who he is.

Meg

Similar demeanor has nothing to do with genetics. And as far as appearance goes, I don't think Nero looks enough like Dante/Vergil for them to be related. Besides, two people can look similar and not be related.

We know very little about Sparda and what other demons are up to. Yamato might not of had an interest in the woman he had sex with (rape).

And how do you know there was never a demon named Rebellion? And how do you know that Sparda forged the swords himself? Where did you find that? Hell, Sparda could have used the soul of Yamato to make the sword. Perhaps he defeated Yamato and that's how Sparda got the sword.

Originally, Dante was going to get his extra weapons after defeating the demons of the same name. That got cut out, but instead of changing the weapons or names, Dante gets the weapons after fighting the same bosses Nero did.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Originally, Dante was going to get his extra weapons after defeating the demons of the same name. That got cut out, but instead of changing the weapons or names, Dante gets the weapons after fighting the same bosses Nero did.[/quote]

Which i still call bullshit on lol only reason dante got the weapons is cuz every last demon ran from nero (save for credo because nero didnt kill him)

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Similar demeanor has nothing to do with genetics. And as far as appearance goes, I don't think Nero looks enough like Dante/Vergil for them to be related. Besides, two people can look similar and not be related.

Actually, it does. I get my demeanor from my father, and so does my brother (even though my parents have been separated since the beginning of time). Many people I know are sure they get parts of their personality from their parents, possibly due to similar brain wiring due to the assimilation of certain genes (not much, but some). Besides, in video games, anything can happen. And what about his physical appearance, then? Nothing about that?
And you can't be serious about Nero not looking enough like Dante and Vergil. If you were to take Dante from DMC3 and compare his face to Nero's, they'd come close to being twins or very similar brothers. Aside from that, nobody in the DMC games has white hair unless they're old or related to Sparda.

And how do you know there was never a demon named Rebellion? And how do you know that Sparda forged the swords himself? Where did you find that? Hell, Sparda could have used the soul of Yamato to make the sword. Perhaps he defeated Yamato and that's how Sparda got the sword.

What I know is that the Rebellion and the Yamato were left to Dante and Vergil as mementos from their father, and I know I read somewhere that the Rebellion and Yamato were forged. Not sure where I read it, though. Common sense tells me there's no demon called Rebellion, since Rebellion is not a given name; it's a noun. It's like calling somebody 'speaker box' or 'frying pan'. It just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I really doubt there were demons who had Sparda's physical traits of when he transformed into his human form. This is something you can't just take over, like how people's eyes are all slightly different.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

We know very little about Sparda and what other demons are up to. Yamato might not of had an interest in the woman he had sex with (rape).

Originally, Dante was going to get his extra weapons after defeating the demons of the same name. That got cut out, but instead of changing the weapons or names, Dante gets the weapons after fighting the same bosses Nero did.

But again i love that whole decendent of yamato theory..what if yamato was a demon..but not just one..a family or clan of decendents from yamato one of them couldve been with a human

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i mean what if yamato was related to sparda in some way a cousin, nephew, hell brother??? it never says if sparda was an only child or if he had friends in his fight i mean yamato might have had his own family his own bloodline and maybe sparda named the sword after him for his help during his struggle..tis possible

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
i mean what if yamato was related to sparda in some way a cousin, nephew, hell brother??? it never says if sparda was an only child or if he had friends in his fight i mean yamato might have had his own family his own bloodline and maybe sparda named the sword after him for his help during his struggle..tis possible

There'd still be the problem of this Yamato having a relationship with a human, which is something that was not done, as far as I can tell from the games. Pretty logical, since demons are considered to be demons, not just some kind of 'other class or race' of people. Besides, it would make all the allusions to Nero being so much like Sparda, him having Sparda's colors (blue and red) and a purple aura sometimes, pointless. Aside from that, there's no mention of any relatives of Sparda, be it this Yamato guy or anyone else. It's very improbable, at least.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
C.rap, double posting due to bug in the forum.

Oh, and then there was Capcom's statement that it should be obvious where Nero came from, which may mean he's indeed Vergil's son, sadly.

Meg

snip for space
Correction, demeanor has little to do with genetics. You're getting into the nature vs. nurture debate which is not something I want to tackle here. But what most researchers have accepted, is that a person is shaped by a complex weaving of their genetics and upbringing.

No one in DMC has white hair unless they are old or descendant of a demon. Important difference.

You can't write off Rebellion as a demon's name just because rebellion is a noun. One celebrity named her kid Apple.

EDIT:

There'd still be the problem of this Yamato having a relationship with a human, which is something that was not done, as far as I can tell from the games.Pretty logical, since demons are considered to be demons, not just some kind of 'other class or race' of people. Besides, it would make all the allusions to Nero being so much like Sparda, him having Sparda's colors (blue and red) and a purple aura sometimes, pointless. Aside from that, there's no mention of any relatives of Sparda, be it this Yamato guy or anyone else. It's very improbable, at least.
*cough*Sparda and Eva *cough*

Nero could still be connected to Sparda, just not directly which is how I interpreted it. Yamato could easily have been a brother or something. Maybe purple was a family color. We know so little about Sparda and other demons in general. This is all just spitballing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom