• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The death of Wayne Static

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
If you don't know who that amazing man was, he was the lead singer of the awesome metal band Static-X.

And those of you who do, what did you think of it, how did it affect you? Were you surprised? Cause I was like "No flipping way!?"

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Eh, I was a little indifferent when I heard the news. I never really listened to Static-X all that much. I only really dug their song "Push It", but other than that, when it came to the major late 90s movement of that heavy, industrial, and nu metal, I was always more of a System of a Down and Slipknot kind of guy.

I still love System of a Down and Slipknot, well I love Corey Taylor, but I prefer it when he's with Stone Sour. Slipknot's newer stuff like All Hope Is Gone was pretty weak, however I did dig their new single "The Devil In I". The first new single I heard from them after Paul Gray's passing. I still need to listen to that new album.

I'm getting off topic, whoops.

As for Wayne, he was kinda heavy in drugs at one point. Was it something to do with that? I heard he was done with that sh!t though.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Wait, wait, when--how?--did he die? I haven't listened to much by Static-X, but still. =( *finds it sad**very surprised since she hadn't seen any news about it*

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Wait, wait, when--how?--did he die? I haven't listened to much by Static-X, but still. =( *finds it sad**very surprised since she hadn't seen any news about it*
It happened at the beginning of the month. I think it was the 1st.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I was introduced to this band through NFS: Most Wanted. The song, "Skinnyman" immediately clicked with me and became one of my most listened songs. Though I did check out their other songs but nothing had the same impact as Skinnyman.

It is sad to hear that he passed away. RIP, Wayne. May your soul cherish in the heavens forever.

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!

Wayne died of a drug overdose, and it was at the 1st of this month. At the age of 48. Its also interesting to find out that he was related, don't know how, but he was related to Johnothan Davis (singer of Korn) Mark Chavez (old singer of Adema) and Will Martin (old singer from Earshot)

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
It happened at the beginning of the month. I think it was the 1st.
Wayne died of a drug overdose, and it was at the 1st of this month. At the age of 48. Its also interesting to find out that he was related, don't know how, but he was related to Johnothan Davis (singer of Korn) Mark Chavez (old singer of Adema) and Will Martin (old singer from Earshot)

Oh, gosh. o_o Thanks for the info, both of you. Regardless of any prior drug issues, it's still tragic whenever someone dies young. =(

Dark Drakan

Admin
Wayne died of a drug overdose, and it was at the 1st of this month.

Last I heard they were still awaiting the toxicology reports on this & his wife & others had denied he was back on drugs. Hope is not another case of prescription drugs & alcohol combining.

Top Bottom