• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Darkness II Trailer

Dark Drakan

Admin
the-darkness-2-logo.jpg

What is the Darkness?

Watch this Trailer and find out...

I have to say im rather impressed with how its shaping up, i was a little worried when Starbreeze Studios announced they were no longer developing the sequel and the art design had been changed but its looking impressive.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
yea its everywhere and really cheap. Great story and one of the most violent games in early ps3 years. I'm kinda on the fence with the art because it was so moody and dark. The colors are ok i guess and i think now the enemies can wield the power of darkness now?

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'm kinda on the fence with the art because it was so moody and dark. The colors are ok i guess and i think now the enemies can wield the power of darkness now?

They apparently wanted it to mirror the comic style more and have the dark yet vibrant look. Its looking even more violent and gory than the original but im hoping the new art style doesnt take away from the dark gritty atmosphere.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^ I dislike the new art style....if only they could just...idk...tone it down a bit...it just seems too bright for a game about the DARKNESS

-------------------EDIT----------------
The only thing that could make me 100% ok with the new art style is if they let us replay important moments from the first game like the Jenny scene and the Frankie scene...ooh and the part where he's in "hell"...if not all of it then at least the part where he "accepts" himself...those would make the game alright in my book and would definitely increase my chances of getting the game

Dark Drakan

Admin
^ I dislike the new art style....if only they could just...idk...tone it down a bit...it just seems too bright for a game about the DARKNESS

-------------------EDIT----------------
The only thing that could make me 100% ok with the new art style is if they let us replay important moments from the first game like the Jenny scene and the Frankie scene...ooh and the part where he's in "hell"...if not all of it then at least the part where he "accepts" himself...those would make the game alright in my book and would definitely increase my chances of getting the game

The comics style is fairly bright but i can see what your saying.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^Trust me, I love the comics as much as the next guy (that is assuming that the next guy reads them like I do)...idk..perhaps I'm just picky..but i loved the darkness (no pun intended) and atmosphere of the first game. It's actually what got me so much into the comics. And from what I've seen, I have a feeling that this is going to be taken from the series. If Jackie opens a darkness portal, I expect black and dark, not bright purple, ya know?

Dark Drakan

Admin
^Trust me, I love the comics as much as the next guy (that is assuming that the next guy reads them like I do)...idk..perhaps I'm just picky..but i loved the darkness (no pun intended) and atmosphere of the first game. It's actually what got me so much into the comics. And from what I've seen, I have a feeling that this is going to be taken from the series. If Jackie opens a darkness portal, I expect black and dark, not bright purple, ya know?

Ive never read the comics properly but i too loved how the original looked and was quite sceptical about this new style but its growing on me.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^I agree. I suppose it's just a matter of watching more gameplay videos. However, I still stand by what I said about how they need include replayed moments from the first game

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
All depends how its being handled as its being developed by a different company now.

you have a VERY valid point there. I didn't even take that into consideration....then again the trailers do have scenes from the first one, I'm sure if they really wanted to, they could squeeze it in smoothly and have it make sense

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Depends how the rights to the game have been agreed i suppose.

Another valid point. I suppose that the producers of the first one would have the rights to the mechanics of the first one. The voice acting, animations, etc. But the story itself is Top Cow, so maybe there wouldn't be TOO much of an issue...at least I hope

Dark Drakan

Admin
Another valid point. I suppose that the producers of the first one would have the rights to the mechanics of the first one. The voice acting, animations, etc. But the story itself is Top Cow, so maybe there wouldn't be TOO much of an issue...at least I hope

Its the game engine i was referring too and dont know if they would want to mess with classic scenes from the original in the new style. Mike Patton (voice of The Darkness) has returned for the sequel which is the main thing, i thought his voice work was fantastic.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Its the game engine i was referring too and dont know if they would want to mess with classic scenes from the original in the new style. Mike Patton (voice of The Darkness) has returned for the sequel which is the main thing, i thought his voice work was fantastic.
Yeah that is fantastic....I only wonder if they kept the same VA for Jackie

Top Bottom