• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The corruption of Man

Hydralisk

Evolution complete
Prelude

This story is set two years after DMC4 but before DMC2. It roughly details Arius and his raise to power. Dante, Trish, Nero, Lady, Arius, and to an extent Lucia will be part of this story.

Dante has hit upon hard times again, and Trish has convinced him to sell off some of his weapons to private collectors. The weapons he has retained are Rebellion, Irifit, Alastor and Cerberus, and E&I, the Shotgun, the grenade launcher, and the Spiral. Dante uses Rebellion, Irifit and E&I and the Grenade Launcher - Trish yields the Sparda sword, Alastor and the Shotgun, and Nero uses Cerberus and the Spiral in addition to his usual armoury. Lady refused any weapons from Dante, but she has treated herself to a new, more powerful set of SMGs.

The most prominent of the new protagonists is Zephyr, a shadowy friend of Dante's who yields the Hyperion - a 7 foot Halberd with a very lengthily blade, blessed with the power of Ice - and the Mastodon: Customised Spaz-12 shotgun that fires bullets of concentrated demonic power.
Although born a half-demon, his sadistic human father experimented on him to hone his devil powers at the expense of his humanity. Although Zephyr held on to some fragment of his human side, he still bitterly resents his father to this day, who is now the general of human forces.
Like the frost demons, when in devil trigger the air surrounding him, and his halberd drops to below absolute zero, giving him terrific power against his foes, notably fire-based demons. Although not as speedy as Dante, he is an accomplished devil hunter, and is able to hold his own quite easily. Also, unlike Dante, he has no qualms about killing humans, stating simply that it is "for the greater good".

Returning as antagonists include Phantom, Griffon, Beowulf (I think you all know enough about those guys! :p ), Void (a shadow based set of demons that act as a hive mind - basically shadow's big daddy.), Sin Commander (master of the Vanguards, she controls all the lesser demons), and Anarchia, a demon born of pure chaos.

Plot premise - Arius has found an ancient device that drives any devils in the Earth realm insane. Dante and Zephyr are unaffected being half-breeds, and Nero is unaffected, though his Devil Bringer becomes erratic and unpredictable. Trish is affected by it, but counters it with mild medication and will power.

I will start on this soon enough, though I fear due to a lack of Vergil it won't garner much attention! :p

Hydralisk

Evolution complete
Chapter 1

"Devil May Cry"
"Am I speaking to the owner?" came an old, rustic accent.
"Yes you are, what seems to be the problem?"
"Greetings. I am Mr Roberts, and I come to you today with a simple task, or at least, I hope it is a simple tast for you" the voice paused to cough, a loud hackling noise, then continued "I own a large mansion up to the far North, not far from the border to Canada. It has always had an... other worldly feel to it - like you were always being watched, you know?"
"I understand, carry on" Dante said in his best neutral voice, motioning his hand as if the customer would understand over the phone. Working in this business for several years, he had learned to be patient and listen to all life stories sent his way, as they would sometimes contain clues, seemingly trivial at first, but which would transpire to seriously help get the job done. Fortunately, this one seemed to be one of the shorter books he'd have to endure over the phone.
"Very well. Recently, several... manifestations have been sighted around the less used places in the estate. Dark scythes appeared in random locations, far too heavy for me to lift, shadows that seem to eye one with evil red eyes... this was all bearable until... the dancing ones came.
"The dancing ones?" Dante replied with a vague sneer. His hand was already seeking a paper and pen - he had never caught on much with technology - and started scribbling down a few words.
Rusty guy - mansion - demon list
"Scythe, possibly Death Class"
"Shadows"
"Nobodies"
"Anything else I should know?"
"Yes, before I left the house for the last time, I noticed many scorch marks along the walls.. and..." his voice trailed off for a long time.
"...and?" Dante encouraged him on.
"... and feathers."
"Feathers? What kind?"
"Pure white feathers, everywhere. Before I left the house, I noticed several windows aglow with, almost celestial, lights.".
"Thanks a lot, you've helped me a lot. Just give me the address and I'll go sort it out." Dante said, hurriedly adding "Fallen ones" to the list. This was strange. Very strange. So many high ranking demons in one mansion? Surely worth investigating.
"What, tonight?"
"Of course - I'm hardly going to wait until next week - who knows what would've happened then? Do you keep puppets of any kind by the way?"
"aah I see - what? Uuh, sure, I've got a whole room full of them"
"I think I may know where the fire scorches came from then. Be sure to stay away from the house for the next few nights" Dante scribbled "Marionettes/Fetish" to the list, then as an after thought added "Possibly a high ranking devil general?".
"I sure will, Mr. Dante. By the way, I have a pair of holy water objects in my possession - well, at least I think they are holy water objects. I'm not terribly rich after purchasing the house, you see, so I can only offer them to you as payment., in addition to what I have in my ba-"
"That will suffice plentifully" Dante said, grinning. The shops' stocks of Holy water was deteriorating - this would help out considerably. - "Give me the address and contact number for when I finish up..."

Top Bottom