• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The cons of Dante's life

Would you really live Dante's life?

• Hell yeah! It's Crazy!!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • After reading this, naw...

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • maybe for a day.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
dantemaycry.jpg

The cons to Dante's life
Hey guys. Dragonmaster here to shed light on a subject; Dante's life.​
Now, say we're playing one of those dating sims but for Devil May Cry where you live Dante's life or even be Dante even for a day. Now I know what you're thinking "Be Dante for a day? Hell yeah!"​
Well let me tell you; it's not all demon killing and pizza scarfing. It's in fact...hell.​
And here's how;​
Living arrangements
I'll tell you this; living in a dark office all day isn't as fun as you think it is. For one thing all you can really do there is listen to old music on a jukebox that doesn't work sometimes, try and sleep all day, read some fashion magazine, and eat a pizza. But after that...what next? If no calls opened up all day, then you're just stuck there doing all those things. No game console playing, an old television that probably doesn't work, and that's about it. Sure you can play pool and yeah you could play the drums, but sooner or later you tend to get bored of that. Also, the light in the office might not even be that good since the electric bill isn't paid, and you'll have to stay there all night in the dark. But since it is a secluded building to most, at least you'll have a place to stay...a dusty old place. Yeah, you can play with your weapons...Y''know, if you wanna destroy your office.​
Your guest
Having your guest over is a great thing for you since you're constantly alone...if you can get use to how fickle your guest can be. For one thing, you'll spend the entire day dealing with a 12 year old who constantly nags you on how you can't clean up after yourself, your eating pizza all the time is bad for you, trying to put cute things in your dark office, messing with your stuff, beating you at cards, eating your strawberry sundaes, and other annoying things. If you have a younger sibling, then this'll probably be no different. Now in terms of women. All you'll have is two very hot women with you, and you're thinking, "alright, I'm down" (If your a guy) but in actuality, this isn't as good as you think. You'll have to deal with both spending all the money you work so hard to get, and then they leave you the bill to pay for what they bought with money you don't have. Not only that, but one of them you owe debt to and she just takes all the money you got, which means you'll have to start hiding cash in your own office. The other woman is a woman who looks like a younger hotter version of your mom, whom you try to not make an actual pass on, but would like her to still stay since your mother passed away. But she steals your money too and criticizes you on your pizza eating. And don't get me started on a certain fat Italian dude who uses your money for booze and women.​
Food
Better get use to pizza everyday, because that's what you're getting. Now at first that sounds awesome, but can you honestly eat pizza EVERYDAY? For breakfast, lunch, and diner? And to top it off a strawberry sundae as well for breakfast and a snack? And beer as well? That's a pretty bad three hit combo of unhealthiness. But hey, what do you care? You're a half breed of demon and human! You don't care about health!​
Your job
Now this is where things get good. You finally get a call from someone...only for it to be a wrong number for a few times. But when you finally get the call you need...they don't say the password right, and you have to hang up. Just as you did when you couldn't pick a name for your office. But when a call does come in and they say the right password, it's time to put on your guns and sword and go. Kick the door down if you want to! (But you'll have to pay to get it repaired) Now you get to the place, and have a blast cutting up demons and giving them the business! Wow, just look at you go...however, you'll also have to solve mysteries to mysterious attackings and holding back on that adrenaline in order to be calm and sort things out and waiting as well. Plus you can't have a ball with your other weapons since they'll destroy the monsters way too quickly and all you'll need is the smallest of hits with those other weapons, and your job of having demon cutting fun is over in a flash. Then you'll receive the smallest of pay because while you did get the job done, you also caused property damage as well. Plus the money you owe to the woman guest will leave you penny-less. And the fact that if the people have no money to pay, you'll have to say that you'll forget about it and do a job for free. Sure walking around the city, you'll find a demon or two to cut up, but even so, it will be quick and forgettable after you kill it. But there are those bigger assignments that come around that allow you to travel and see the world and get the job done...but that's about a 6 to 7 year waiting period for anything big to really go down. So for the most part you're in your office, doing pretty much nothing.​
Well, there you have it folks.​
Dante's life can be cool at times, but in the deeper setting, it's a financial, and physiological nightmare.​

seraphmaycry

these could all be easily fixed if dante was focused and less dismissive so yes i would pay off debt get a good office etc etc

come on you are stopping vicous murderers? that HAS to pay good

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Hehe, every kind of life has its ups and downs...
Being a student and living my life behind a desk, I would PAY to do some demon killing, or just some training with Devil Arms once in a while. But, if the price to pay is having no internet connection... Hell NO.:blink: I'd go nuts in the matter of an hour.
So yeah, I'd like to live Dante's life for a day or two... the days of crazy missions! :D

berto

I Saw the Devil
No I would not live Dante's life, I like my mother and my father much more than the notion of superpowers.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
No I would not live Dante's life, I like my mother and my father much more than the notion of superpowers.

I don't. I would love to live Dante's life because I'm not Dante...I wouldn't just sit around in my office all day. I would fine some way to reorganize my business to make it increase profits. Probably go around town...or the entire country and pass out business cards and gets advertisements. Probably form a business partnership with the Church.

DragonMaster2010

I don't. I would love to live Dante's life because I'm not Dante...I wouldn't just sit around in my office all day. I would fine some way to reorganize my business to make it increase profits. Probably go around town...or the entire country and pass out business cards and gets advertisements. Probably form a business partnership with the Church.

Wait...you could! What the hell, why didn't Dante do that?!

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
This is bullcrap ! there are NO Cons of dante's life except for getting your clothes drenched of blood and guts XD

In reality all Dante would need to do is get media attention,merchandising and some agreement with the Govt itself.

Wear Dante's autographed T-Shirts just for 99$ and who said that Dante can't kill Evil humans ?? Well i think if i had dante's incredible freaking power i'd go straight to kill the ****ing terrorists and get all the red orbs !

Dante's world is impractical in reality if someone with THAT much power actually existed he would be living a life of GOD.

DragonMaster2010

This is bullcrap ! there are NO Cons of dante's life except for getting your clothes drenched of blood and guts XD

Shoot, I forgot the price of new coats and getting coats fixed after missions.

In reality all Dante would need to do is get media attention,merchandising and some agreement with the Govt itself.

That'd actually put more work on him. And we all know how lazy Dante likes to be.

Wear Dante's autographed T-Shirts just for 99$ and who said that Dante can't kill Evil humans ?? Well i think if i had dante's incredible freaking power i'd go straight to kill the ******* terrorists and get all the red orbs !

That's a little too much. Just him handling demons and demon related cases is enough.

Dante's world is impractical in reality if someone with THAT much power actually existed he would be living a life of GOD.

Not necessarily a god, but more just a powerful being.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Id perfer DmC dante since he has no debt it seems and has tons of sex wakes up kills some stuff and plays street fighter 2(though it destroyed now T.T)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Sex and street fighter 2? I think not
Nah living as DmC dante would SUCK IMO the world of DmC isn't colorful at all and i don't think there is las Vegas in DmC world either and worst of all people like dubstep.
That'd actually put more work on him. And we all know how lazy Dante likes to be.
Nah he can just appoint an agent who can do that rather then ripping him off like lady or trish.

That's a little too much. Just him handling demons and demon related cases is enough.
Well i believe that getting a million dollar contract isn't that hard.

Top Bottom