• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

the best method

a lot of people says that using force is the best method to teach someone something.

if i may humbly speak up!

i disagree with everyone how says that

" To make someone yield without a fight, is the best thing! becuse we are humans! battles involve contriving! it means to draw him in as an ally without hurting or tormenting him.
by not losing your life. you can attain complete victory. to win without a fight, is the best thing you can do, so to trick the enemy and beat him in resourcefulness is the best stratgy you can have in your life. " Yamamoto Kansuke.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The best way to achieve something is to play fair ;)

I totally agree with you. There is no need for violence.

+rep for this interesting thread ;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Aggressive force is never the correct way to achieve victory.

Janny

Dines with dementia
TheDoctor;110828 said:
Depends on the circumstance. Most times, overwhelming force is the key to victory.
Have to agree with you here. Force is what helped me learn Math...

I try to resort to the calm method, but when all fails, you just have to go for the brutal approach.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Force can accomplish many things - sometimes it is the only language another person can understand. Give them a shock and then try the softer approach. It is hugely dependent on circumstance.

If you're talking in terms of a child, for example, you don't try and reason with them why they should not run into the road or stick their hand in the fire. You use force - you slap their hand away or you jerk them out of the road. You are forcing them to learn in this way for their own immediate good. For those who do not agree with this approach, enjoy trying to get your 2 year old to see mature and logical reason when you are a parent...

With adults, some people are too ruthless and vicious to comprehend a gentle, convincing approach. Great if you can achieve it, but sometimes they need a short sharp shock to get the message.

if you used force to fight you may win but after a while a stronger enemy may come and defeat you, what will you do then?

and about teaching your you can use the reward stratgy

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
If you are up against a larger, stronger foe than yourself then deference does not necessarily equal unequivocal submission to that authority. If that authority is righteous, submission will not be wholly harmful. If that auhority is unrighteous and seeks to destroy rather than rebuild, then there are other ways to undermine and overthrow if force is not available. There is always a stronger enemy out there somewhere - with some, force works. With others it does not. Those are the circumstances within you make your choices.

Force can be an umbrella term - not all wars are won with weapons and torture. Some are won with positive forces.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I've not said force is best ALL the time. Wars of all kinds continue for a multitude of reasons and in a number of ways. They are rarely as black and white as we are lead to believe.

Koemi

half-breed
Angel;110865 said:
I've not said force is best ALL the time. Wars of all kinds continue for a multitude of reasons and in a number of ways. They are rarely as black and white as we are lead to believe.

Not just war, almost everything you encounter everyday is hardly purely black and white. Bad in ones' eyes doesn't necessarily be purely bad - good can come out of bad things that happened. Perspective. One should not judge the situation simply base on your point of view - gotta see all the threads it leads to and the threads that lead to it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Koemi;110890 said:
Not just war, almost everything you encounter everyday is hardly purely black and white. Bad in ones' eyes doesn't necessarily be purely bad - good can come out of bad things that happened. Perspective. One should not judge the situation simply base on your point of view - gotta see all the threads it leads to and the threads that lead to it.
But people tend not to be that sensible and so we get trouble. I do however believe that good can come out of bad things :)

Koemi

half-breed
Angel;110937 said:
But people tend not to be that sensible and so we get trouble. I do however believe that good can come out of bad things :)

That's the ideal anyway, or I should say, that's what I am trying to do regardless of the stimulus ; but sadly, Angel you're right - it's hard to most to be sensible when certain circumstances presenting.

Black monster - you seems to be interested in The Art of War. It's a good literature and philosophy, don't you think? However, don't seek ways to proof the theories - let them come to you and you'll see the true beauty of it ;)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
As others have quite rightly put across, it depends on the situation. In WWII if Chamberlain had not given up Czechslovakia to Hitler in his "calm approach" and instead had used force, many of the horrors of that war may have been averted as Czechslovakia could have annihilated old Adolf's forces. However violence begets violence along with the original message that was originally intended so use force sparingly.

Koemi

half-breed
^^ Scientific way of proving can be the most hideous method at times: you don't need to proof that you'll be minced meat if you jump off a 100-story building. And that's one of the thing you have to learn from The Art of War: read it and keep those in mind, observe things happening around you then see if you can apply those theories to them. If you want to experiment the theory itself, then you'll be contradicting to what you claim in your first post.

Top Bottom