• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Amazing Spider-Man 3....

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
One More Day. I would dread the day that anyone would be idiotic enough to recreate that story in movie form. My take on the majority of modern Superhero movies is that they can be good such as the Avengers, Man of Steel (I know I'm gonna get heat for that one), Green Lantern (My previous statement stands), ALL the Spider-Man Movies and then there are the stinkers such as Jonah Hex, both Thor movies (I know I'm gonna get serious heat for that one), and the X-Men movies (blegh, I have no shame in saying that). I'm a rather avid comic book fan and I typically don't mind if movie writers and directors put their own spin on comic book stories.

My point is that it kinda bugs me that there those that believe movie adaptations can only work if they can recreate their favorite stories word for word and picture for picture when in all actuality it simply does not work the way people expect it to. Now tell me if you were gonna adapt a 600+ page story or an 80+ hour video game (whether it's fiction, nonfiction, fantasy, sci-fi, superheroes and so on and so forth), could you idealistically capture every last detail in a span of time that most people are willing to sit through for a movie? What your guys' thoughts?

Top Bottom