• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The 4 voices of Dante

Which voice was/ is the best to you?

• Drew Coombs (DMC1)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Matthew Kaminsky (DMC2)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Reuben Langdon (DMC3, DMC4)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tim Phillipps (DmC)

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
GEEZZ!!! Why is that when people think Johnny Yong Bosch how come the first thing that comes to mind is freaking Ichigo from Bleach?! Why can't they ever think about his other roles like the Black Power Ranger from the first Power Ranger series or Izaya from Durarara!! or something else!?!?!

I'm sick an tired of the Bleach jokes used for DMC4 & Nero.
I mostly remember him as Vash... another red dressed, cool hair, gun packin, freak of nature.

I prefer Rueben from DMC3 because it was over the top and his voice just seemed so ... i dunno.. out there. But as of late, i think Tim is doing a better job than all of them. He remind me of Raphael from the first Turtles movie. Just one badass dude with just the right attitude.

berto

I Saw the Devil
How many takes do you think it took before they said "**** it!"
If they had the capacity to have multiple takes then it'd be th director who picks the one that goes but I'm guessing DMC 1 didn't have that luxery.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
If they had the capacity to have multiple takes then it'd be th director who picks the one that goes but I'm guessing DMC 1 didn't have that luxery.
at least more than 1 take. c'mon. that was the only line that sucked so much ass. Maybe it sounded good in the booth but after that......

berto

I Saw the Devil
2001, dude. Back then stories were just there to glue it all together, no actuall effort to create a solid story were been made outside of RPGs. To them it must've been good enough since they weren't really putting much emphesis on story for games of this nature.

Railazel

How many takes do you think it took before they said "**** it!"

Actually, the fact that he cried during that scene made it better than what people take it for. Sometimes, in movies, the actor's voice would break to make the crying more believable. If you want to make a scene as emotional as possible, wouldn't you want to do that knowing that it would sound bad?

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
GEEZZ!!! Why is that when people think Johnny Yong Bosch how come the first thing that comes to mind is freaking Ichigo from Bleach?! Why can't they ever think about his other roles like the Black Power Ranger from the first Power Ranger series or Izaya from Durarara!! or something else!?!?!

I'm sick an tired of the Bleach jokes used for DMC4 & Nero.​
calm down bro .___.

EllDawn

I played DMC2 first, but still couldn't get used to the VA. Drew Coombs and Reuben Langdon were the best in my opinion for the original Dante. For DmC Dante I hope they keep Tim if there is a sequel, which I am hoping for.

Top Bottom