• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The 3rd Birthday: Should I play it or not?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

Yeah there's a few that are looking past it & too over confidant.
What bothers me is Hyde Bohr & how cold he is.
He's too willing to send people into the fight to get the job done & not over think it.

I wouldn't say the soldiers are overconfident. I'd say they're more the "seen-it-all" type and this is just another war for them.

As for Hyde, well, considering we're going back in time and all... Wouldn't any deaths be completely erased if the Twisted were destroyed? Then there'd be no reason to really worry about casualties. And he isn't cold to Aya.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

Yeah overconfident.
The seen it all fought it all is nothing but overconfidence for most of the soldiers in this type of situation.
You have an enemy that can evolve rapidly into a new type of threat,brushing it off with seen it all fought it all is nothing but overconfidence.

2. It should yeah but i guess it's not as straightforward as that.

3. Yeah he kinda is a little.

Well, I don't agree, so meh. :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

They would have to be to care on in that situation.

True. Also, some of the conversations in the safe rooms are damn funny.

Corporal Bell: You know, if we could train them, we could keep them as pets. I don't think they're housebroken though...
Soldier Craig: Hey, I'm running low on ammo. Think you could spare some?
Bell: Sorry Craig, I'm only nice to the ladies, if you know what I mean.
Craig: ...I am never going on another mission with you. Ever.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

lol Yeah they are funny at times.

I just picked it up again a day ago lol.
I haven't gotten all the outfits yet so i'm trying for that & better grades too.

Does getting better grades do anything except net you more money?

Also, just finished the first episode. I started the 2nd one, and I had a bit of a fangasm when I heard the battle theme from the first Parasite Eve start up. That was awesome.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
@DreadnoughtDT
MudFlaps are one of the twisted that can 1shot kill you by turning you into a twisted if you don't escape or if that's your last overdive body.
2. They can turn soldiers into twisted if you don't kill it first.
The area of effect is i think almost every non-twisted character around them.
MudFlaps will be reborn if you don't OverDive kill them.

I think MudFlaps are worse then Rovers.

Worms
Like MudFlaps, Worms can 1 shot kill you by sucking you in,swallowing you & then dive underground.
2. They spit fireballs that pool then bounce.
If you think you've avoided the first fireball shot be aware it could bounce back at you from behind.
Worms are tough.

Oh great. It feels like this game is more about fighting minibosses than it is about fighting enemies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

lol Not every enemy will be introduced like that.
There's still that take you buy surprise aspect.

2. Well what difficulty settings you beat the queen ?

3. Are you completing each of the Feats for each mission ?

I'm playing on Normal, and some of the feats are frigging nuts. I don't much care for achievement type stuff anyway.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

Well the weapon upgrades do make a difference in repeatedly using the handgun with unlimited ammo because every other weapon doesn't do enough damage to keep you from wasting ammo & falling back on it.

Or taking out enemies with less shots.

You don't have to do the Feats but as i said the upgrades you get from doing them makes a difference in the weapons you're carrying & the weapons the soldiers are carrying.

Is that so? Because I've been doing pretty well using my assault rifle and magnum. I've been keeping them nice and upgraded too.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Apparently Insane and Genocide are the same thing difficulty-wise, there are just different drops between them. Kind of a gyp.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well damn. Something tells me this is a game I won't be 100%'ing. I usually try to be thorough with games like this (Nowadays I don't consider Metroid Prime "beaten" if I don't get all the items) but this might be a bit much.

Top Bottom