• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tetsuo (Akira) VS. Dante (Classic)

Tetsuo (Akira) VS. Dante (Classic)

• Tetsuo

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Dante

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Stalemate/Draw

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
if its dante at his best with use of majin form or its shin megami tensei dante then he will be nigh on impossible to bring down

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Tetsuo created a universe by accident.
2. Did create life in that universe.
I didn't see any.
He pretty much ripped open a new dimension which many characters have done. So nothing special.
Tetsuo is still human, vulnerable just as a human.
Dante is not.
At best Tetsuo would continuously regenerate from Dante using blinding fast speed cutting him up & Tetsuo would eventually exhaust himself & tire as Dante would not.
Or Tetsuo would destroy himself from lack of control.

Dante wins.

You don't get Akira or at least need to watch it again.

Tetsuo was just as powerful (actually more powerful) than Akira because he was the next person to reach that ultimate evolutionary level.

He didn't create his own universe by accident. He and the kids basically saved everyone stopping that massive destruction that Akira caused all those years ago from happening again. With Tetsuo though, the damage would have been much worse. Oh, and that girl is now on the same evolutionary path.

Tetsuo then ascended to godlike status. At the end you hear a big voice going "I AM TETSUO!" Then suddenly a big bang. He's on the highest plane of existence now. He's a god.

And Tetsuo is not as vulnerable as a human. Geez. He gets shot by those lazers and is also be able to jump in to space and be totally fine. If we're talking about a Tetsuo when he's first discovering his powers then yea, Dante gets it.

Otherwisr Tetsuo is crushing tanks, buildings, and bridges all with mind. Dante can't do any of that sh!t. He'd be a blob of organs like Tetsuo's girlfriend eventually.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
He molded his own universe, yes, but there was no life in that universe. He is not a god, he is a destroyer who fancies himself a god. He would underestimate Dante's power and end up crushed flat like so many would-be gods.
Why would you say there would be no life in that universe he created? It would be just like ours. He sets of a big bang which was also the beginning for the chain of events that brings life through evolution.

Ok, I think I'll stop here because I do not want this to start some needless argument of science and religion here. Let's keep it cool guys.

Blade8513

Why would you say there would be no life in that universe he created? It would be just like ours. He sets of a big bang which was also the beginning for the chain of events that brings life through evolution.

Ok, I think I'll stop here because I do not want this to start some needless argument of science and religion here. Let's keep it cool guys.

I was about to say the exact same thing earlier about the whole universe not having life thing people mentioned but decided to skip it because I didn't want the debate to turn into a religion vs science debate as well lol.

Blade8513

This all depends on what stage Tetsuo and Dante are at. If we're talking earlier in Tetsuo's use of the powers when he can't control them well and before he really starts going for it, Dante could obviously kick his sorry ass to the moon. I guess later on only another god like Akira could deal with Tetsuo and I don't class Dante (or even Sparda) as gods on that level.

This is tetsuo right before he looses his harm and this is Dante from DMC 2

Blade8513

I don't need to watch it again, Tetsuo is not a god.
Tetsuo isn't even as powerful as Mister Mxyzptlk & he isn't even a god.

Is Mister Mxyzptlk a god ?
No, he's an imp. He doesn't automatically become a god by having reality manipulating powers.

Thinking Tetsuo is a god simply because he's done something many characters has done & were never dubbed god, or most were & they were killed. Some by others nowhere near Dante's power level.
Just because he crushes objects & creates an empty universe doesn't make him a god.
Powerful yes, can't be killed by Dante, No.

Have you read the manga? As stated this is manga Tetsuo and according to what I have read and heard so far the movie version of Tetsuo is a nothing compared to the manga version. Also like I stated this is Tetsuo before he loses control and mutates anyway so I don't see why you continue to bring up the universe thing. Lastly, instead of trying to discredit Tetsuo's powers and abilities how about you try to convince everybody why Dante would win instead. I'm not decided as to who I think would win but just saying tetsuo isn't a god isn't going to convince me he would lose this fight

Blade8513

Why not convince me Tetsuo could win, cause all i see is a human with advanced psychic powers.
Dante is half supernatural demon who's defeated bigger & more powerful enemies them himself.
Tetsuo fought a punk biker kid with a laser & some satellite.
Dante: He is able to channel his power into various physical objects, ranging from his guns to the air itself.
2. Dante can also hold his breath indefinitely, or perhaps even breathe underwater, as he can remain submerged for extended periods of time without taking damage or needing to surface for air.
3. Great resistance to heat.
4. Dante demonstrates telekinetic abilities, catching Trish's motorcycle in mid-flight before shooting it with Ebony and Ivory.
5. Can instantly heal from nearly any wound.
6. Dante is blindingly fast, so fast that he appears to teleport
7. He can shatter stone with little difficulty, and often overpowers demons much larger.

Thank you that's a lot better, before it seemed like you were just knocking tetsuo and not saying why dante would win other than the fact that tetsuo isn't a god, but tetsuo from the manga is arguably just as fast, many people say he can teleport and even has feats which put him near FTL in reaction time and speed altogether, but im not willing to make that claim because I haven't finished the manga yet so I cant say but I can reference what comicvine has listed which are the following:
Blast Power
Elasticity
Feral
Flight
Force Field
Healing
Levitation
Matter Absorption
Psychic
Shape Shifter
Super Speed
Technopathy
Telekinesis
Telepathy
Teleportation
Psychokinesis

Also seeing as how he is fast enough to react to and stop bullets and lasers I believe he personally could react to Dante's speed accordingly, not to mention he traveled from the earth to the moon in seconds and also traveled to the SOL satellite in seconds so he is arguably just as fast and if he isn't its not a huge gap there. Also he may be a normal human but he is way more durable than your average human after obtaining his abilities, he tanked the very destructive SOL laser and only lost a arm, and survived in the vacuum of space and obviously humans cant do that. Could dante heal from a total explosion of the body? As tetsuo has been seen to completely blow people up from the inside out, he also destroyed the massive SOL satellite and took a massive chunk out of the moon large enough to be seen from earth, can dante handle a attack of that level? I mean people have debated that mange tetsuo can put up a fight against people like Dr. Manhattan , silver surfer, and martian manhunter and made very good points while doing so, I am not saying he would win (As I am not sure) but I don't believe this is as one sided as you are making it seem.

Last edited:

Blade8513

First off i wasn't knocking Tetsuo, i'm saying i'm not impressed or convinced he could defeat Dante.
You're free to take it anyway you want.
Dante is a very skilled fighter & has a lifetime of experience.
How much experience does Tetsuo have.

That's cool man I respect your opinion, at first it seemed you were just bashing tetsuo, and dante is obviously far more experienced and tetsuo's experience is little to none when compared to dante's but in the short time he had a physical form he seemed to have gotten the hang of his abilities rather quickly, if you have the time or care you should check this debate out, at first tetsuo didn't seem impressive to me but once I came across this and a few other debates my mind was changed. http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/silver-surfer-vs-tetsuo-manga/333535/ I can not say how true all of it is because I haven't finished the manga but he posted scans to support some of these claims but one poster said :

"More people are probably aware of the silver surfer than tetsuo so... Tetsuo is a very strong psychic from the akira manga, able to destroy Continents with ease using telekinetic attacks, dodge laser beams traveling at the speed of light, merge with technology, teleport anywhere instantly (he moves faster than light), turn into lighting, control the fundamental forces of the universe (such as gravity), regenerate from any form of physical damage almost instantly (although he can take city busting assaults to the face without using energy shields and not need to do much healing), and can absorb energy attacks. His minds has transcended space time (in the manga he witnessed his own birth), also able to read minds even of other superhuman psychics easily and sense things in battle before they occur."

If all of these are in fact true I think manga tetsuo could give Dante a run for his money. Also keep in mind he is referring to manga tetsuo and not the watered down movie version. He posted some scans as well. I think the continent busting is referring to the size of the moon feat which he somewhat explains.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't need to watch it again, Tetsuo is not a god.
Tetsuo isn't even as powerful as Mister Mxyzptlk & he isn't even a god.

Is Mister Mxyzptlk a god ?
No, he's an imp. He doesn't automatically become a god by having reality manipulating powers.

Thinking Tetsuo is a god simply because he's done something many characters has done & were never dubbed god, or most were & they were killed. Some by others nowhere near Dante's power level.
Just because he crushes objects & creates an empty universe doesn't make him a god.
Powerful yes, can't be killed by Dante, No.
He becomes a superior being and creates another universe in another dimension. How the hell is that not considered godlike? Akira is also worshiped as some deity after the destruction of Tokyo all those years ago and it was DING DING DING symbolism.

It's not just chalking it up as telekinetic humans. This isn't Chronicle. Akira and those children were people that were able to somehow have a jumpstart on the evolution of the human race and were on the path of becoming multi-dimensional (quantum-dimensional) beings. Akira being the most powerful, well actually Tetsuo.

The film is up for interpretation of course but a valid topic of discussion is that it is implied that humans would be able to evolve themselves to such a level. Hell, Kei was also on the way to developing powers. She was able to be a conduit for the telepathy of Kimiko.

Ever incarnation of Dante has been different and to be honest there is no solid ground to how what kind of abilities Dante will possess if you also just pick and choose whatever the hell you want from video games. If we were able to do that then DmC Dante can own the original by just going Devil Trigger and boom, he freezes time and Dante's floating up in the air just waiting to die.

You're making Dante so OP which is also what I never considered Dante to be. Sure he has a lot of fighting experience and can regenerate his wounds but, I've never seen him have regenerative powers such as Deadpool or Wolverine. I don't think he can get up and walk off losing his head. I don't thing he can survive being completely obliterated. Wolverine regenerated from a drop of blood as silly and crazy as that sounds.

Where does Dante's skill set get measured or compared to where the game does whatever it wants and just has these bad writers who can't even keep up a coherent continuity?

I can still however look at Tetsuo, what he is capable of, and what I've seen Dante do. And it looks like he gets the short end of the stick here.

And none of this picking and choosing BS from the unorganized lore and canon just to make your own arguments convenient. This series is filled with plot holes and contradictions for you to ever really get a solid grasp on what kind of fighter we have here in the fight.

I would rather debate Dante vs. Hellboy or something because that sounds like a fairer fight.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
But when you think about it more, all in all though I think it still comes down to what kind of Tetsuo we're using and what kind of Dante we're using.

You can tip the scale in either direction and get the same no contest result probably from both sides sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Maybe this isn't the easiest or best match up to debate in the first place.

Railazel

Dante would win because of his experience as a devil hunter has allowed him to face enemies just as powerful and somewhat similar to Tetsuo. I shall specifically cite his battles against Mundus and Argosax.

While Tetsuo is amazingly powerful, his pre- evolved state is the equivalent of a child throwing a ball at full force out of anger. His power is driven by his anger towards his friends and those who bullied him and a growing superiority complex. Adding bloodlust to that is just simply making him a wild beast and he'll just completely unleash all of his powers uncontrollably. He wouldn't be focused enough to concentrate his powers on Dante and would more than likely just destroy the enviroment without doing anything significant to Dante.

Dante, on the other hand, has fought two Demon Kings. Mundus was a godlike being and Argosax was said to be the most evil being of all time. Mundus, specifically, was able to create life at will which puts him on the level of being godlike.

In my opinion, it's just a matter of experience. Dante wouldn't be intimidated by Tetsuo and would be able to deal with whatever Tetsuo can dish out. If Tetsuo had more control over his abilities, then I could definitely say he would win but, right now, experience triumphs over raw power.

Blade8513

But when you think about it more, all in all though I think it still comes down to what kind of Tetsuo we're using and what kind of Dante we're using.

You can tip the scale in either direction and get the same no contest result probably from both sides sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Maybe this isn't the easiest or best match up to debate in the first place.

Well that was one of the reasons I decided to make this, one being I haven't seen it done before so it was different and another being I didn't think it would be easy to debate and decide who wins this fight, that's what makes the debate fun (for me at least)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i really don't know. i would say tetsuo...because dante is beast...but...i dunno.

Top Bottom