• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tetsuo (Akira) VS. Dante (Classic)

Tetsuo (Akira) VS. Dante (Classic)

• Tetsuo

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Dante

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Stalemate/Draw

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Blade8513

I have recently gotten into the Akira manga and anime and thought this would be a decent match if it is classic Dante at his prime with all of his weapons and abilities. Lets say this takes place in an abandoned Tokyo, win is by death only, and both are blood lusted. This will be the manga version of Tetsuo in this fight right before he loses control of his powers. I am assuming we all know what Dante is capable of so in case you don't know who Tetsuo is he is a teenage boy who acquired vast telekinetic powers, he can fly, can move very fast and cause mass destruction with his telekinesis ( He flew to the moon and destroyed a chunk out of it large enough to be seen from earth) He got hit by a pretty destructive government laser called SOL which only destroyed one of his arms and in turn he just created a new arm using his Telekinesis and some surrounding metal. I apologize if this is one sided or unfair but I have had people on this site list some very impressive feats from Dante which lead me to believe this should not be a stomp.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I want to say Tetsuo would win, but because of how many people hear worship the ground Dante walks on, it's obvious who would win on the poll.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah, Dante is practically indestructible. Tetsuo could lose limbs but he can't replace his whole human body unless you mean like... evolved Tetsuo vs Dante. Then Tetsuo is basically like... pure energy or a god or something so then I don't know

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's not even a fair fight. Tetsuo has vast powers but he can't control them correctly. Dante has the heart of a human and the power of a demon, and thus he transcends physical power entirely.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Tetsuo all the way.

Have you people seen Akira? It's one of my favorite films of all time. Tetsuo has crazy telekinesis and can obliterate buildings and people. He can even bring down a goddamn satellite. Tetsuo's powers are insane. The one who's not in for a fair fight is Dante people.

And by the end of Akira, Tetsuo becomes so powerful he becomes a god and creates his own universe.

Tetsuo, period.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Just got done watching Akira actually. Never read the manga sadly.

But from what I've seen, I'm sorta leaning more towards Tetsuo at this point.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Just got done watching Akira actually. Never read the manga sadly.

But from what I've seen, I'm sorta leaning more towards Tetsuo at this point.
The movie is still fantastic. As a christmas present to myself I'm gonna get the 25th Anniversary Special Edition DVD/Blu Ray combo of Akira. :happy:

It has the original English dub from the 80s which is so much better than that redub they did in 2001. The redub lacked the raw emotion from the Streamline dub.

I use to love watching Akira as a kid and I still do. Great film.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
The movie is still fantastic. As a christmas present to myself I'm gonna get the 25th Anniversary Special Edition DVD/Blu Ray combo of Akira. :happy:

It has the original English dub from the 80s which is so much better than that redub they did in 2001. The redub lacked the raw emotion from the Streamline dub.

I use to love watching Akira as a kid and I still do. Great film.
I watched Akira twice. The 2001 dub and the 80's dub (and I agree the 80's dub is better. I liked both of them though) I didn't know they had an anniversary edition DVD/Blu Ray combo. I might get that lol.

I'm a big fan of the animation. It's hard to believe it was all hand drawn. It's so fluid and well detailed. Man I wanna watch it again just for that alone haha.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Dante has NEVER dished out the kind of damage Tetsuo can dish out. And Tetsuo is not technically your typical human being anymore after he is given his powers.

He's able to regenerate and all that good stuff too. Kaneda shoots him and it has no effect. A laser also takes out his arm and he's able to make a new one, after jumping in to space and bringing down the satellite first.

Dante can't do any of that and also, as much as I've seen Dante regenerate from wounds, he's still not like Deadpool or Wolverine. I don't think he can replace limbs.

Seeing someone like Dante rush Tetsuo would only make him unleash all the power he can to make sure Dante is down and out because that's one thing about him, he kept growing stronger and stronger. He eventually becomes a god. Of course before he becomes a fetus monster though :p

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I watched Akira twice. The 2001 dub and the 80's dub (and I agree the 80's dub is better. I liked both of them though) I didn't know they had an anniversary edition DVD/Blu Ray combo. I might get that lol.

I'm a big fan of the animation. It's hard to believe it was all hand drawn. It's so fluid and well detailed. Man I wanna watch it again just for that alone haha.
I don't like how the redub changed some things. For example how they made those old psychic kids sound more like regular kids where in the original I know they sounded strange and I always thought that was the point. They're like, 80 year old looking children lol.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
"that you again Tetsuo?"

"that pea-brain"

Yup, I miss Liquid Snake screaming Tetsuo a lot.

Blade8513

I think it would be a good fight as long as tetsuo doesn't underestimate Dante, in which case I think he could take the win. But if tetsuo starts off assuming Dante is just your average human with a sword and some guns I think he would likely not take him very seriously which would probably be his downfall. IMO if the fight drags out I see Tetsuo probably taking it, but if Dante starts off with a speed blitz I can see him catching tetsuo off guard and removing his head or something. Its hard for me to judge because I do not know all of dante's feats off the top of my head yet but I was discussing his feats with another user a while back and it sounded like he is far more powerful then I originally believed.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, Tetsuo ascends and becomes a superior godlike being creating his own big bang and universe.

Yea, Tetsuo is pretty damn powerful.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
What Dante are we looking at here? I would say perhaps Dante would lose then. I see his chances being greater if we're talking about DMC 2 Dante. As his powers are meant to be at their greatest then.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
This all depends on what stage Tetsuo and Dante are at. If we're talking earlier in Tetsuo's use of the powers when he can't control them well and before he really starts going for it, Dante could obviously kick his sorry ass to the moon. I guess later on only another god like Akira could deal with Tetsuo and I don't class Dante (or even Sparda) as gods on that level.

Last edited:

Blade8513

What Dante are we looking at here? I would say perhaps Dante would lose then. I see his chances being greater if we're talking about DMC 2 Dante. As his powers are meant to be at their greatest then.

I think this should be Dante when he is at his absolute strongest, so I think DMC 2 Dante would be good so people can mention all of his previous feats from the other games to help back up their opinions as to who they think would win and why

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
He molded his own universe, yes, but there was no life in that universe. He is not a god, he is a destroyer who fancies himself a god. He would underestimate Dante's power and end up crushed flat like so many would-be gods.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Nobody ever picks the 'draw' option. Because you know, that would be boring right? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom