• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tell me I'm not crazy with DMC3HD

Phlogiston

Hello Everyone,

My name is David and I joined this forum because I seem to be having a unique problem with DMC3HD. I apologize for not posting this in the DMC3-specific forum, but the last post made there was from early September.

Basically, my playthrough of DMC3HD has ghost inputs. Things happen when I don't press any buttons. I've confirmed this by holding R1 and moving the left analog stick, and sure enough, Dante will slash, switch weapons, etc. Not too often, but it happens. Its not exclusive to those inputs, but its how I've confirmed it. Its just been general chaos playing this game. Mid-fight I'll suddenly have a shotgun when I wanted Ebony & Ivory. I'll be doing a slashing combo and start shooting. I'll be walking down the hall and suddenly slash at nothing.

I don't think its automatic mode, I'm not using it, playing on Normal, and its far too random and pointless.

Has anyone experienced this? Its terrible, I love this game but can't commit to under these circumstances.

I find it unlikely that its the controller because its a problem unique to DMC3HD, and only DMC3HD. The other DMC games played fine, same for my general library.

Thank you.

Phlogiston

I'm considering getting a used controller from GameStop, quite possible its my DS3. If the same problem occurs, I could just return it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
it certainly sounds like you have the automatic on so my first suggestion is to start a new game and miking extra sure you don't have automatic on. if the problem persists then try turning it on and see if its doing exactly the same thing with automatic on. also, try playing the game on a different council, a friend's if you can. if it still does it in a different council then i'd suggest exchaging your copy for a new one. i've never had had that issue before and don't know of anyone else who has but i don't think it's your controller or your council, i think it's your copy.

And people say NT have a lot of bugs... :/
don't do that. don't turn this into one of those threads.

Phlogiston

Thank you. I would hate to kill my save for no reason.

99% sure its the controller. In another game, I held R1 and moved the left analog stick, and sure enough, the triangle function would occasionally go off. I guess I just didn't notice until I played a more controller-intensive game like DMC3.

Getting a new controller. See through-red works for me.

Thanks, guys. Will update you.

Blade8513

Hello Everyone,

My name is David and I joined this forum because I seem to be having a unique problem with DMC3HD. I apologize for not posting this in the DMC3-specific forum, but the last post made there was from early September.

Basically, my playthrough of DMC3HD has ghost inputs. Things happen when I don't press any buttons. I've confirmed this by holding R1 and moving the left analog stick, and sure enough, Dante will slash, switch weapons, etc. Not too often, but it happens. Its not exclusive to those inputs, but its how I've confirmed it. Its just been general chaos playing this game. Mid-fight I'll suddenly have a shotgun when I wanted Ebony & Ivory. I'll be doing a slashing combo and start shooting. I'll be walking down the hall and suddenly slash at nothing.

I don't think its automatic mode, I'm not using it, playing on Normal, and its far too random and pointless.

Has anyone experienced this? Its terrible, I love this game but can't commit to under these circumstances.

I find it unlikely that its the controller because its a problem unique to DMC3HD, and only DMC3HD. The other DMC games played fine, same for my general library.

Thank you.

I haven't gotten to three yet but I started number 1 last night and something similar happened to me once or twice, I was pressing triangle to slash at some puppet things and dante just stood there but slashed a couple seconds later as if there was a input delay or something, also I am playing on normal as well. So yeah I have had a similar issue but not a lot, or at least I only caught it once or twice. I don't have a physical copy of the HD collection, I downloaded it from PSN so maybe that could be a why my inputs seem delayed at sometimes, because I also have the Mortal Kombat arcade collection I downloaded from PSN and if you pause the game then exit out of the pause menu to continue playing there is a massive delay.

Phlogiston

So it turns out it was entirely the controller. It was just old and worn out. I kept thinking I was hitting the R2 button by mistake, and even that was wrong. Very happy with my new transparent red one. Sorry for the false alarm.

I finished the game on Normal as Dante and was glad to see Hard mode be unlocked for Vergil. My plan is to play Hard on Yellow Mode with Vergil and having that unlock Very Hard for Dante. This way I can get the achievements more efficiently. Will that work?

I've seen some people complain that DMC3 has the worst HD face-lift, but I don't think thats Pipework's fault. While all the of cutscenes are made with the engine, some look just as good as the other games while others look like low-res pre-rendered movies. My guess is that some of the more technical scenes were pre-rendered, and I can't fault Pipeworks for that (Capcom should have ponied up the money).

Anyway, thanks again guys.

berto

I Saw the Devil
to get all the trophies you are just going to have to power through, no easy way around it.

glad to hear that you management to get everything unde control.

Phlogiston

Thank you.

Does my plan make sense though? The difficulty trophies are unlocked with either character. Am I right in thinking that playing Hard mode with Vergil will unlock Very Hard Mode with Dante?

Phlogiston

And I must say, the optimization seems to be pretty good. DMC3 now runs at a solid 60fps, on the PS2 I definitely had to deal with slowdown at times.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Either you have auto turned on accidentally, your cd is to blame or your controller maybe a wreck. I would go to the menu and try auto and see if it has the same effect. If not maybe it's your disk or controller. If you own the HD collection, I would try one of the other two games to see if it has the same effect. I've never had this happen before unfortunately. It certainly sounds like something of a glitch. I hope you settle it soon bud.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Oops didn't realized the probelm had been solved when I posted that. Never mind, disregard it >_< lol.

berto

I Saw the Devil
What're you talking about?? All of the old DMC's are perfect. End of story. :mad:

calm-down-crazy-4.png

Phlogiston

Update: My plan worked!

By beating Hard mode with Vergil (Yellow) it unlocked Very Hard and DMD in my already existing Dante file.

Currently going through Easy mode to get all S rankings.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm still working on beating Hard. I spent most of my time trying to S the levels on normal but I just can't get more than As all over the place. I S the last level once but I can't repeat the effect on my main save. I got like 9 trophies left and I can't seem to get it right.

Phlogiston

Get S rankings on Easy mode. I was initially doubtful because enemies die so easily that its hard to accumulate style points and orbs in combat, but the standards for S rankings are rock bottom on Easy mode.

Be quick through the level, competently fight (Use the taunt button to raise your style), avoid getting hit more than a few times and don't use items.

I've been breezing through with S rankings, sometimes double-S.

berto

I Saw the Devil
i wanted to earn the S rank on normal for the chalange, i know i can get it on easy if i'm getting As on most stages. the one trophy i'm not sure i'm going to get is the one for beating the bloody palace.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
DMC3HD is actually my only platinum, if you need some advice, let me know and i'll try to help you. I think the most challenging trophie is the one that requires you to complete Bloody Palace; you have to be good at the game and get lucky to not get ****ty fights here and there (i really struggle against some fights that may appear there, took me at least 4 ou 5 tries to complete it)

Top Bottom