• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tekken and Pokemon News

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Just my luck. I get Tekken 6 for the Xbox 360 today, and this is announced.

King of Iron Fist Tournament 7
It must be getting near E3 because suddenly the blast doors have been closed and the biggest confirmed news story of the last three days is that Namco Bandai are making Tekken 7.

This stunning revelation was made by series overseer Katsuhiro Harada at a press event in Spain.

Apart from confirming he was working on the game though he didn't say anything else except it wasn't due soon.

(Please in the next game, don't put in a powerful last fighter that is practically unbeatable!:mad:)

Pokemon Black and White news.
Black & White release date for PokemonWe're struggling to understanding Nintendo's angle with the new Pokemon Black/White, which apart from slightly better graphics seems to show little obvious advance on Diamond/Pearl.

Especially as its Western release date has just been confirmed as spring 2011 - worryingly close on the heels of remakes HeartGold/SoulSilver.

We're still half-expecting a 3DS exclusive 3D mode to be unveiled.

Also, The new Mass Effect is expected to have a multiplayer co-op mode thingy.:wacko:

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
That's Namdai for you.Instead of taking a break to make the game better,they release it while the iron[fist,haha,stupid pun] is still hot.But it's ok,it will probably be an arcade release so the actual game will probably be in home consoles around 2012...at least that's what happened with 1,2,3,4 and 6.

And they will get a lot millions from who knows how many other games and stuff they sell...oh yeah,forgot : Namco-Bandai is the Disney of disney of japan.It owns everything but Japan.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ooooh! Well im just pleased its actually been announced. I do love Tekken, :wub: but Tekken 6 was a huge dissapointment for me - stupid 'senario campaign' mode!

aoshi

I like tekken series but only a few characters are impressive but still looking forward to it. I hope they dont add characters with kinky costumes as they usually do but be combat centric. Steve was a cool addition to series besides jin,devil jin and hwarang. Expecting more characters in the same lines.

Meg

I knew they were going to make another it was just a question of when. I hate scenario campaign. I really hope they either get rid of it, or make it a 2D side scroller. And optional. In order to unlock each characters' story mode you have to play scenario campaign. Really? Evil. Just evil.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^If they make it like Jin's story in Tekken 5[3D Beat'em up] I suppose I can say they will do a "good job".[For Namdai standards]

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I don't see why so many people didn't like Tekken 6. It's not like they destroyed the game with the new campaign mode. There's still arcade mode for those of you who just want to fight. The only other real thing they changed besides that was the addition of the rage. Other than that, Tekken 6 was gold in my honest opinion.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Yeah I guess, but I like to unlock everyone's storymode and to do that you had to use scenario campaign (unless I'm missing something?)

To be honest I haven't given it the time and effort it deserves, because scenario campaign p*issed me off so much - I keep falling - they should have it so you don't fall off the edge! lol

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I always thought the campaign modes were designed to be like the original Tekken Force. I haven't played on Tekken 6 as i have been sleeping.

ATM I only DISLIKE Tekken 6 (on psp) because of Azazel

DB:I didn't know that Bamco were that 'powewrful' in Japan (could't think of another word)

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Yeah...Azazel is teh gay. I really think they could have been more creative with their final boss. I would've rather fought Ogre again...

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ahh yeah Ogre, he wasn't too bad. I liked 'unknown' she was cool. The big bosses have definately got more annoying as the games have gone on. Bring back Devil Kazuya I say!

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Unknown gave me nightmares when Tekken Tag first came out, and I'm not even kidding. That chick freaked me the hell out. I was a tiny tot though, so it makes sense for me to freak out over a chick with yellow eyes and big floating wolf thing behind her.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
She creeped me out too. Mind you, so did the music to her fight.

I also miss Devil Kazuya... and Angel.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Yup...unfortunatelly Namdai are that powerfull in japan...along with being the biggest 4$$holes ever,as far as a gaming company is for the matter.And Capcom now is about...1/10 of how 4ssholish they are.[I don't like to repeat myself,but after Clover studio(Kamiya,Mikami and gang) was fire dfrom Capcom,they realy "transformed to what they are today"=Cr4pcom].

For those who know about Banpresto[at from the Power Rangers the movie game for the Sega Mega Drive II...eh?] the developer[and collaboration developers in some games] of the Super Robot Wars series,the Rurouni Kenshin vg series and the A.C.E. series,are now a semi-independent studio of Namdai.Why?Because Namdai owns 90% of the Mecha shows/series/etc in the world along with 90% of the most popular anime series being produced in their studios[Gundam,Naruto,Dragonball etc] and finally having the rights to make games out of most of the most popular series in the world[FMA Brotherhood,Dragon Ball etc,most of them are recent additions,ex : Dragonball was "brought" from Atari].

So to sum it up : Namdai = Japanese Disney...and for that,poor Banpresto it would have been better if you accepted the friendly merger/independent studio offer of Square-Enix.

Anyway,back on topic : A 3d beat'em up mode to unlock "removed" and new extra characters from the series would be fun...Unknown,Devil,Ogre etc returning after you beat them there would be fun.

PS : For those who don't know it,Daisuke Gori won't be reprsing his role as Heihachi as he commited suicide/was murdered early this year.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
BlueDevil;236314 said:
Unknown gave me nightmares when Tekken Tag first came out, and I'm not even kidding. That chick freaked me the hell out. I was a tiny tot though, so it makes sense for me to freak out over a chick with yellow eyes and big floating wolf thing behind her.

Really! awww! I always liked unknown and her freakyness. Isn't it better to have a boss that creeps you out than someone as stupid as Azazel who is just a big shiny monster thingy?!

:p

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Probably find a new voice for him[I say ryozaburo Otomo since he has replaced in most of his roles now that he passed away] or they will go the Guilty Gear way : kill the character...though with Zato-1 it worked since the host body doesn't need to be alive to be controled and it worked fine in the story when Hirotaka Suzuoki passed away and was "replaced"[more like the creature Zato is speaking throught the host] by Koyasu Takehito.

It's their choice.I say one,or a sh1tstorm is about begin...

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Would Bamco kill off... or dare to kill off a major character like Heihachi Mishima?

Also, was is just my tired mind last night, or was Kazuya's other costume a robot in tekken 6?

Top Bottom