• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sword Size, Help?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
So I have an oc, and I wanna have him use a sword as part of his arsenal.
I've pretty much settled on a European longsword, you know, a "knight's sword" as most people would call them.
But I'm wondering about size, cause I want it to be big, but not too big.
Now my character does have super strength, like 10 ton range (Spider-Man level).
I'm wondering what's a good size where, it's still big, but watching him use it one handed, wouldn't look too ridiculous.
I'm thinking about 4 feet (From pommel to blade tip)
Thoughts?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I say go for the length of say new Dante's sword. If he's gonna carry it on his back then that could be a good length.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
A four or five foot blade is probably okay, but that also would depend on the blade's thickness, which shouldn't be over maybe half a foot wide. When it comes to placement, anything longer than a person's hand-to-shoulder length is going to be unrealistic to sheath on the back, simply from the inability to precisely catch the opening of the sheath, or clear it upon drawing. That is of course, unless they have some other means to hold the sword in place, like a magnet, magic, static electricity, or a sheath like in Berserk where it's mostly open and just a set of restraints and a covering for the tip of the blade :p

Top Bottom