• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SUPER URGENT NEWS ABOUT FF VERSUS XIII!!!NOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!

aka958

Don't trust people
I don't have a PS3.

I'll miss one of the best games coming out, ever, because I don't have the corresponding console for it. :(

To buy a whole new console at such a high price as the PS3 has only to buy one game... no way!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Well...who knows?Maybe Wada will have a change of heart in the months to come and move it to XBOX360 as well for the western audiences.After all that's what happened with XIII.

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah... but FFXIII said that long time ago. Versus has been in production for a long time, ain't it too late to add another console?

Lucky me Agito will be released first. Then they'll get time to reconsider a Xbox 360 release as well.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Great find. This is always one of the top wanted games if I want to buy a PS3 Slim. :D

It has been announced that the game will be Action RPG, like Kingdom Hearts games and Crisis Core. Hopefully, it will be even better than Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts gameplay. :D

However, I get the feeling the game is gonna be great. :D

An Xbox 360 port will be great! I can play it on Xbox 360 if I don't buy PS3 Slim yet. However, a large number of FF fans are protesting if this game is going to Xbox 360 as well, and some have even said that they will boycott any upcoming Square Enix games. I just hope they won't do region lock for it, like they did to FFXIII... (sobs)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;249803 said:
FFXIII was region locked on PS3?Or are we talking about XBOX?

Final Fantasy XIII is region locked for Xbox 360, and is only available in US and Europe regions. No Asian region is announced, and chances are it will stay like that. This is why I still can't play FFXIII until this very day, even now. As far as I know, FFXIII is region free in PS3.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Ah...I see.But weren't the only consoles affected by the region locks the gameboys,DS,PSP,Sega Mega Drive and the PS3?I thought that every other console had to be moded to play games from another region than the one it's made?

Also isn't the asian version the same as the japanese?Or does it have subtitles of other asian languages?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;249807 said:
Ah...I see.But weren't the only consoles affected by the region locks the gameboys,DS,PSP,Sega Mega Drive and the PS3?I thought that every other console had to be moded to play games from another region than the one it's made?

Also isn't the asian version the same as the japanese?Or does it have subtitles of other asian languages?

For Asian region Xbox 360s, no. Asian Xbox 360s are region locked, and can only play region free games or Asian region games. As far as I know, Asian PS3s can play any region games, while other regions' PS3 can't.

There are an "Asian" version for FFXIII, which has Japanese audio, English and Chinese subtitles and language. However, this is exclusive for PS3. Also, there is no FFXIII release for Xbox 360 in Japan, thus, FFXIII is a PS3 exclusive title in Japan.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Are you sure about the PS3's?Because many people can play any game from any region but not movies,like the PSP,where only movies are region-locked.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;249809 said:
Are you sure about the PS3's?Because many people can play any game from any region but not movies,like the PSP,where only movies are region-locked.

Beats me. All I know is that my old PS3 (sold out) could play all region locked games, although I have not watched any Blu-Ray movies on my old PS3. I pretty much heard that a lot of other countries couldn't play some PS3 games.

Have a look at this petition. This pretty much sums up my anger towards Square Enix.

http://www.petitiononline.com/FFXIII/petition.html

This is the Chinese version for FFXIII.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-3sck.html

If there is a version of that FFXIII on Xbox 360, I will buy it without any hesitation. But, it did not. Square Enix disappointed me big time for this year.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^For one...bad tactic on SE part that didn't specify the targeted audience that gets XBOX releases.

On the other hand,why so much love for the XBOX360?Not an acusation,just a question.If anything the only thing that the PS3 should be jelous of the XBOX is that Microsoft isn't such a p*ssy compared to Sony and allows Visual Novel remakes and originals to make their way to the Japanese Xbox360...other than that...maybe two or three exclusive games might be worth in my eyes...and from what I've seen nearly 94% of the games that are out for the Xbox360 are out on PS3 as well while the reverse doesn't quite apply.[80% of the PS3 games are out on Xbox360 as well.And the missing ones are excellent.]

Meg

I think its funny they went from super linear FFXIII to open world Versus XIII. Its like they're apologizing to all the fans that didn't like how linear XIII was.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
At least it's not the XIII team but Nomura's FF team + the KH teams that develop that.I expect a game of trememndous quality from them.

Meg

Devil Bane;249828 said:
At least it's not the XIII team but Nomura's FF team + the KH teams that develop that.I expect a game of trememndous quality from them.

What's wrong with the 13 team?:p;)

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;249849 said:
What's wrong with the 13 team?:p;)

There is nothing wrong with them.
The FF team split up because they had different ideas. I think Tetsuya handles Versus and Agito. The FFXIII's are not related in any way except the normal FF trademarks and the terms Fal'Cie and L'Cie.

Meg

aka958;249852 said:
There is nothing wrong with them.
The FF team split up because they had different ideas. I think Tetsuya handles Versus and Agito. The FFXIII's are not related in any way except the normal FF trademarks and the terms Fal'Cie and L'Cie.

I was kidding hence the ;)

Top Bottom