• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sup! Rookie on this board. Veteran at DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampi

Hey ya. I've been a DMC fan since DMC was still a prototype for an RE game. Still have my Game Informer issue with DMC 1 on the cover *drools*

I have all the games (no not the anniversary pack. I mean i have the games when they first came out). Anyway, unfortunately stupid me one time was strapped for cash and i had to sell my games (sold my black label DMC 1 :( But i totally regretted it and rebought DMC 1...tho it came in that red Greatest Hits label. Well no matter. I still bought DMC 2 and DMC 3 Special Edition (i rented the regular DMC at the time to check it out since SE wasn't that far away from releasing).

I have both the DMC novels and the 2 manga's. I would really like to purchase the rare Vergil figure (but you know how hard it is to find the son of a bytch, and how expensive he is).

I've passed every mode in all the DMC games and unlocked everything...without cheats. Though i still haven't unlocked DMC 1 Cast Photo. DMC 1 is the hardest for me to play. Whoever assigned the Triangle button for Jump should be shot.

Anyway, besides DMC (yes there are other games i like besides DMC :O but not too many mind you. But these are mostly pertaining to the PS3 era. I liked older games as well) I like Bayonetta...but ONLY for gameplay reasons. I can't stand the character of Bayonetta, Luka and Cereza (yes i can't even stand that annoying girl). I still love the gameplay, but i sumtimes wish i was playing a DMC game. Too bad DMC 4 sucks so much i had to lower myself playing as a stupid witch whore. Thank god Jeanne is there...she's cool (and she's kinda like Vergil)

Other games i used to like were fighting games. But i realized i sucked at them so i'm retired from them. Though i do admit i want to play Marvel vs Capcom 3...just cause of Dante and Trish (hopefully Vergil will be in it). I was into Tekken and Soul Calibur as well, but SC 4 was very disappointing and Tekken 6 was pretty good, though i still haven't passed Nightmare Train (if ya know what i'm talking about).

I have 2 fan fictions in the works with an original character (No she's not a Mary Sue character if you're thinking that). Moseslmpg (a new member here as well) is helping me with sum ideas i have in mind and also editing. If you read his Sparda and Vergil fics they're not like other regular DMC fics you find at fanfiction.net or other places and such. Anyway, Moseslmpg and I are very good friends and mostly agree on anything pertaining to DMC. I really like his vision for the series, i hope you do to.

Anyway, i'm not new to message boards as well. I'm a member in the DMC IGN forums as well as Capcom-Unity DMC forums, Devils Lair forums (where i go by the name Vampi). I've check DMC.org for a few years now...just never bothered to join. I do love the black and red look though.

I like reading, surfing on the net and playing games and talking in discussions where DMC's storyline has went wrong or trying to speculate where its going. Oh and how Bayonetta the character is a whore :p and that she's never as cool as the twins (even tho Jeanne is cool) and how God of War is the most overhyped action/adventure game in existance and that DMC hasn't been giving the attention it deserves unlike GOW

Oh also i play on a PS3 :p since its the only system i have besides a PS2. Though i used to have a Genesis and NES back in the day and regular Playstation...though i had to sell them. I miss playing Streets of Rage :( probably another one of my favortie games of all time.

Anyway, enough blabbering. I'm looking forward to get to knowing you all.

Also, i'm a woman and i'm 28 yrs old (as of this writing) playing video games. So...we have to keep the sisterhood of DMC Girl Gamers alive :cool:

P.S. My fave DMC characters are DMC 1 Dante cause of his personality, but i like DMC 2 Dante cause of his looks (yummy), Lucia and Trish (more Lucia though. She's kickass. I don't like Lady much cause she shot Dante in the head when she first met him not knowing if he was human or not...aggressive lil bytch ain't she). And of course the Azure Prince himself Vergil. And of course Sparda (even though he's just a plot device more then character). Characters i hate...well...Nero. I know there are Nero fans out there, i don't hate them just the character. So i'm pretty much giving you forewarning that i don't like him...but i also won't insult him much.

Oh and Hideki Kamiya is the God of Making Great and Cool Games. He is. Do not doubt this. ;)

Edit: Also i tend to crush on Daniel Southworth...ALOT (he's Vergil's voice and motion capture actor).

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If you hate Nero but you won't bash him like the other haters do, I don't care. ^_^

I actually read all that, y'know. I didn't tl;dr it like a lot of people do. I still actually have the black label DMC1. Only problem is... When you go to save or load a game, it crashes. And sometimes the music skips a bit, but nothing too bad.

Looking forward to getting to know you as well. ^_^ Hope you enjoy it here.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Welcome to the forums buddy.:)
I don't say hi to newcomers that much,and I felt bad for that...so I'm going to do that from now on.

moseslmpg

I'm (former Emperor) Moses. Used to literally rule the DMC IGN board back in the day. I assume most of you know who I am anyway though. I don't usually do intro threads, because I assume my reputation precedes me, but I didn't want Vampi to go it alone. I'm 22, rising senior in university, studying Religion. I live in upstate NY.

I'm a fan of many games, such as Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, Castlevania, Katamari, SOTC, MEGAMAN LEGENDS, Metroid, and so fort.

Favorite shows: Avatar TLA, LOST, Bleach, Batman Brave and the Bold, Batman Beyond, HOME MOVIES, GitS, FMA, Ergo Proxy...etc.

Some books and topics: Discworld series, To Reign in Hell by Steven Brust, Barlowe's Inferno and GOD'S DEMON, Lovecraft, Patrick Harpur, Gnosticism, Alchemy, Mystical Qabalah, Demonology, Angelology, Buddhism. And so forth.

I don't know what else someone would want to know.

----

I didn't know you had a Genesis, Vampi. Genesis was my first system ever, and it was pretty awesome.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;262185 said:
I'm a fan of many games, such as Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, Castlevania, Katamari, SOTC, MEGAMAN LEGENDS, Metroid, and so fort.

Holy crap. I like almost all of those except Katamari, actually. You have good taste in games.

D'you like Trauma Center?

EDIT: And y'know, you actually don't have much of a rep for me, considering I don't frequent IGN, I frequent GameFAQs. And I'm not even a board member there, so... I just watch.

moseslmpg

Dread: I only have Castlevania games for DS. I can't believe you don't like Katamari though, it's so fun and the music is great.
meg127;262187 said:
^^ No idea who you are.
WAT! UNPOSSIBLE!!1

But thanks :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ah, y'see, I never got into the Katamari series. I don't even know what it is, to be honest.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Um, wow. Reminds me of a rare Japanese game called "LSD: Dream Emulator". It's rare, yeah, but if you can find a copy, I recommend it. Game never gets old. Trust me.

Vampi

LSD: Dream Simulator? LOL! It must be one of those space shooting games with all those floating lights and bright colors. Hopefully the sequel Crack or its spin off Heroine and Cocaine will release soon :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vampi;262192 said:
LSD: Dream Simulator? LOL! It must be one of those space shooting games with all those floating lights and bright colors. Hopefully the sequel Crack or its spin off Heroine and Cocaine will release soon :p

I recommend you look it up on youtube before poking fun. ;)

Look for the let's play of it made by MikeNnemonic. He's the only one who's done a long-running series of videos on it, WITH commentary, BTW, so it makes it even better.

Also quite frankly, I enjoy that game a lot. I do recommend you play it... Although it goes for like... 150 dollars nowadays.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;262196 said:
That does sound interesting. Too bad they don't make games like that anymore.

I know... I mean, how many games can you think of that let you simulate dreams? And I don't mean the cliche video game dream sequences, I mean actual random dreams.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
welcome to devilmaycry.org ^_^
can't say i've been to any of those sites you mentioned, are they any good?

and as for the talk of hack 'n slashers. god of war may be overrated, but it did do a lot of things right. kratos embodies pure wrath better than any character in a game or movie. more than wolverine.
but that aside he, along with dante and nero and whoever, will always be inferior to ryu hayabusa. the ninja who requires a large dose of methamphetimine to tackle his foes on the very hard difficulty :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom