• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sunset Overdrive

Dark Drakan

Admin
sunset-820x420.png

Microsoft and Insomniac Games showed off some footage of the awesome looking 8-player co-op gameplay at E3. Now they have some new footage to share with Xbox One owners showing off some gameplay footage of the crazy looking co-op multiplayer mode Chaos Squad.

Chaos Squad offers up to eight player co-op multiplayer, and everyone can bring their character from the single player game into Chaos Squad with them. From there, players vote on the types of games they want to play, and if they succeed in conquering the enemy, they’ll end up in a mode Insomniac has dubbed ‘Night Defense’.

In this variant all eight players work together to fend off waves of enemies, but each player has traps at their disposal they can use on the fly. Insomniac notes that the voting choices will vary, and the Night Defense mode changes depending on what the players chose to do prior to making it to the finale.

Sunset Overdrive definitely looks like the kind of game you’d expect from Insomniac, and eight player co-op should make all the mayhem that much more fun. Sunset Overdrive launches October 28 on Xbox One.

SOURCE - GAMEINFORMER

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Both the singleplayer and multiplayer look excellent. I really like when games don't take themselves seriously and just go all out on the fun factor.
Yeah, but you don't have to go all-out goofy, either.

People may laugh at how "serious" the Nolan films are, but people still consider them to be "cinema" because of that.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Like the look of it & like its style, hope some friends pick it up so we can all co-op together. Always best to play games like this with friends rather than randoms.
A friend of mine in CS shot out an air vent to make it look like he was going to drop down from there. Turns out, he was sneaking up behind me the entire time while I was watching it.
How in the hell does that make me a troll? I want to play it and i bought an xbox one not long ago which i am glad of so what are you on about?
I wasn't serious. I called you that 'cause you looked so smug. It was a joke.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Microsoft have revealed a new Sunset Overdrive Trailer showing off some of the enemies players will encounter in the game when Sunset City descends into madness following the launch of a new energy drink called OverCharge Delirium XT.

Captain Xin

I've been looking for these kind of games for a long long time, is it just me, or does video-games nowadays taking themselves way more too seriously?

We need this kinds of game, a game that makes us fooling around with weapons made by psychopaths on drug.

Saint's Row and Borderland series did that last year, but personally I think these guys nailed it.

Time to get a Xbox One I guess.:woot:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
We need this kinds of game, a game that makes us fooling around with weapons made by psychopaths on drug.
I could care less about the tone, to be honest. I'm only interested in the outlandish parkour.

Also, Saints Row 4 was a blast because you had those great "prototype" powers. The tone was different in both PT and SR, but to me, it's the gameplay that really matters.

Top Bottom