• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Succubuss, seriously?

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
I dunno what NT was thinking, but I always fought that Sucubuss are all that neat and sexy, but here is just mega gross swearing biomass.

Like, sucubuss before
Morrigan_Project_X_Zone.png

And Succubuss now
original.jpg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
:lol: That second pic should be tunred into a meme

Okay, but seriosuly, yes the tradiotional idea of a succubus was a sexy lady demon seducing men, and NT went with something different.I'm not bothered by it. We already had Nevan in DMC3, and that's enough for me.

Besides, personal theory of mine: What if she was beautiful once? It's been said Mundus had many whores, what if she was one of them and he convinced her to be used like that? Like being drained for Virility drinks turned her ugly?
I mean, Lilith seemed pretty annoyed that Mundus talked about her, kinda like a girl would if a guy talked about his ex.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Yeah, incubi/succubi are like popular vampires, today they're envisioned as sexy and appealing, in the past they were horrible monsters who only fooled people with illusions. Vampires would be possessing the bodies of dead relatives, incubi/succubi would appear as lovers and spouses in dreams.

Only problem is that DmC's succubus doesn't seem to have any ability to seduce. It would have been interesting if when Dante walked into her lair, she tried to throw him off with the appearance of a beautiful woman in a lovely chamber before he realized he was really standing in a cave of vomit with an elderly bug monster.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
I think that's the point they did not want her to be some sexy vampire demon like they are usually seen as in most media

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Well, this succubus had the ability to mess with peoples minds to some point at least, seeing she was the "secret ingredient" of the mind numbing Virility drinks.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Indeed. Succu-...whatevers suffer from DragonballZ syndrome in that they walk around looking normal and then "show you their true form". In the case of Poison...

....I'd still hit it.
QUE!!?? lol

she may not be hot and sexy but cute and adorable, hell yes

133px-Virility_Mascot_Logo.jpg

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Succubus does NOT suit this poisonous insect! Succubuses are demons with wings not insects! Poison suited that just fine!

Devil Player

Yeah, it seems they tried to come with a different tone, something grotesque, disgusting.

That what Poison ( Succubus) is. Goota love Dante's comment after killing her: "I think you're all mixed up". :)

Also, give her a break, she was 12.000 years old and didn't look a day over 12. XD

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I like what they did with Posion. She was gross and foul-mouthed, but she didn't fit the idea I had of a succubus. Kudos to NT from trying something different though.
I would have thought Lilith would be better as a succubus. According to the wiki article, Lilith was the name of a sccubus demon. She runs a club where she brainwashes people with drugs and sex, she's doing the nasty with Mundus and she looks kind of attractive (in a fake sort of way) until she takes the wig off, kinda like how a succubus looks hot to seduce men. so it would have fitted for NT to make their Lilith a succubus.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I like what they did with Posion. She was gross and foul-mouthed, but she didn't fit the idea I had of a succubus. Kudos to NT from trying something different though.
I would have thought Lilith would be better as a succubus. According to the wiki article, Lilith was the name of a sccubus demon. She runs a club where she brainwashes people with drugs and sex, she's doing the nasty with Mundus and she looks kind of attractive (in a fake sort of way) until she takes the wig off, kinda like how a succubus looks hot to seduce men. so it would have fitted for NT to make their Lilith a succubus.

Yeah I didn't like Lilith. She's disgusting.

I'd see her as a succubus rather than that bug who did the drugged drinks.

Top Bottom