• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

STYLE (⌐■_■)

Which was the most stylish and swagtastic?

• DMC1 Dante

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • DMC2 Dante

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DMC3 Dante

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • DMC4 Dante

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • DmC Dante (From what we've seen)

• All of them

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • All except 2 and DmC

• All except DmC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Stylish. A word that use to symbolize attire or clothing. Now it's a video game gendre for an amazing franchise;

Which has come to me to ask how far we've come, and how far Dante has changed from each game. Wonder what we would do with his look if we had the choice? So I ask you guys;

What version of Dante did you like the most? What form of Dante really caught your attention? And what swag or style of Dante was most bad ass to you?

1 Dante
dmc1dante_2.jpg
Calm, Stylish, and badass. A model Devil Hunter.

2 Dante
582958_20040402_screen018.jpg
Serious, wise, and stone cold. A powerful hunter.

3 Dante
DanteDMC3.jpg
Rebelious, wild, and ready to party! A powerhouse of style.

4 Dante
294642-dante_dmc4.jpg
Stylish, cool, and powerful. The ledgendary Hunter.

DmC Dante doesn't count cause the games not out yet. So what do you guys say? Also, what way would you have made Dante be if you had the choice? I would've done something with the early teaser Dante of DMC4.
Dante-DMC4-TGS.jpg
Given him black fingerless gloves, black military boots, a black sleeveless zipped up hoodie under that red coat like Nero's hoodie, and made his white hair the same design as Xanxus TYL in KHR!
Xanxus-katekyo-hitman-reborn-18150297-576-794.jpg

And also give him the Alastor sword again If I could. What about you all?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC4 Dante was my favorite version of the character because he was at the peak of his game. He was stupidly strong, and despite his sillyness he had a wisdom about him that is unmatched by the other versions of him. I liked Dante's parent relationship to Nero as well. Overall when I see DMC4 Dante I can't help but stand in awe of him. If I could change one thing about Dante's path I give DMC4 Dante another game, another chance to show the world just how cool he is.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
NT Dante: Hey guys. Who knows where I can buy some good chronic?
Dante: Crap. Who let him in here?!
Capcom: Problem, Dante?:troll:

DMC Dante: "You don't control me Capcom!!"
Capcom: "This Contract says otherwise."
DMC Dante: *Reads contract* "Crap!"
Capcom: "Hit the showers DMC Dante, we got a new Dante in town!" *Stands next to DmC Dante*
DMC Dante: "Mark my words, I'll be back! I will return...." *Retirement check comes in mail* "Ooh! I can finally buy that drumset I've always wanted!!" *Walks away*

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
All of them are great.

DMC1 Dante is cool, easy-going and ready to return to you exactly what you threw at him. Be it an attack or just words.

Despite seeming a good-for-nothing guy who rests his legs on top of his desk, he actually takes his job quite seriously. His exploits have made him somewhat popular around the neighborhood (according to what Enzo says in the DMC1 manual) not only for his extraordinary strength but for his eccentric taste in choosing assignments as well. Instead for going after money he prefers choosing to deal with anything related with unexplained phenomena, a typical modern-age ghost buster. Further proof of his serious-but-behind-the-scenes nature is that he has deviced a Password so that only people who really need his services might reach him. DMC4 Dante (I mention him instead of DMC3 Dante because he is older and closer to DMC1 Dante)seems like a big kid. He is constantly nagged by both Lady and Trish, while he shows little interest in what goes on around him. He is pretty good guy all in all, listening to Credo's last wish, guiding Nero and all that, but he's as much chaotic as he was back in DMC3. He threw himself into a battle from the beginning of the game, then disappeared for most of it doing...nothing? It's like he went there, saw Nero and thought..oh well, let's let him take care of all this mess. I'll go for a walk. Damn Nero is angry. As an adult I must make him realize the importance of being calm. *beats up Nero*. Oh..come on kid, is that all you've got? Oh no he got caught by a giant statue. Okay..instead of battling it, I'll go smah the hellgates. He'll probably be okay by the time I'm back. *finishes*. Ok kid, here's your sword back *throws Yamato* now end this game. If it takes you less than 3 missions I'm gonna let you keep it. I don't really care for it.

In DMC1 we get to see a glimpse of his inquisite nature as well. He has a personal comment to offer for every statue, bookcase, etc. which makes him difer from the other versions of him in the other three games, who throw themselves into any chaotic situation without any care in the world. Both DMC3 Dante who went after Vergil like nothing major happened and DMC4 Dante who let Trish give Sparda to the Order while he was pretty much fooling around throughout the whole game until Nero got himself caught.

DMC1 Dante's taunts and smartass phrases are only a facade of his real self. We can see that when he often shows compassion (Griffon's last battle), admiration (Nelo Angelo's last battle), and other strong emotions even to his enemies. He knows when the situation is ok for smartass talk and when he should be serious.DMC3 Dante in comparison, fools around with everyone no matter the situation(example: the battle against Beowulf. It's one of the battles he was close to getting beaten just because he wasn't taking the fight seriously, only managing to cut Beowulf's remaining eye, but at the cost of being shoved into the floor. Since DMC3 Dante was pretty much on Vergil's level at this point since their battle shortly after that had no victor, he could whipe the floor with Beowulf's hide. However he was as careless and "ready for party" as ever), with the exception of the battles against Vergil - possibly because if he didn't take those battles seriously he'd have no possibility of winning. I know that he supposedly is young and all, but looking at Vergil's character, DMC3 Dante's age is no excuse.

DMC1 Dante's shop is also my favorite. I don't know how and why, but the way it is depicted in DMC1 (even though supposedly it's always the same) really gives me the creeps while also awakening an I-want-to-see-this-place-from-close feeling. In the other DMC games, the shop somehow looks less threatening and more accesible. I could easily imagine its existence in someplace like Disneyland (Capcomland?) as an attraction. I'm not saying it's not awesome, I'm saying that in DMC1 it's both creepy and awesome. Perfect HQ for a guy who kills hellish monsters from another world.

Also DMC1 Dante doesn't seem to have any problems with the rest of his family. I don't know where the "Father? I don't have a father..." etc stuff that DMC3 Dante says come from. His "rivalry" with Vergil, though understandable and well-liked is pretty childish as well. At the beginning of the game he just wants to stop Vergil because...that will annoy Vergil or something. And I didn't get why Vergil didn't go to take the amulet himself right from the beginning. In the first two missions it is implied that somehow Arkham or Vergil or both, control the lesser devils, senting them at Dante's shop - probably to steal the amulet. After that we see that Vergil kills devils as much as Lady or Dante do. I think something was missed there director. Making not only DMC3 Dante but Vergil as well looking a bit ridicilous. Somehow DMC3 Dante had to go through all this (DMC3 story) in order to realize the importance of family. And he understood that from a crazy girl that shoots everyone without warning and came here to destroy her father. O..kay..? Vergil feels more understanding of the whole family bussiness - lecturing Dante about might didn't seem to me like he was being full of it. He probably wanted to make Dante understand that with power you can do almost everything and protect everyone. While without it, even your self is lost. Of course if Vergil left some girl pregnant with Nero a few years earlier, that takes away every qualification he might have had of the "family" term.

DMC2 Dante is actually super cool. Only he is like a totally different character. If he had black hair and his coat was not red, we'd never understand he was actually Dante.

Anyway, despite the ranting I love everyone. Maybe DMC1 Dante just a biiit more. Then comes DMC4 Dante. He is also awesome<3

Dante's-blade

May Thy Devil Cry Blood.
I personally liked The look in dmc4, The coat just got cooler and those cowboy boots and leather chaps kicked some serious ass.

ZeroLove

I love Devil May Cry 3 Dante's style more than any of the others. His 1st one looks like a red Blade, his 2nd one is too tight and looks like it is made from cloth instead of leather, his 4th one is too boring imo. The new Dante's clothes is nice, but it doesn't beat the 3rd one.

lets rock baby

This is what dante is and always will be
For me it's 1,3,4. The way the character evolved from a young wise cracking kid who just looked for a fight to the the last incarnation of one who knew what his responsibilities were to the world he lived in.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
For me it's 1,3,2,4.

DMC1 Dante is stylish and calm, and while he likes to crack jokes here and there, he also has a heart.

DMC3 Dante is pretty wild and crazy, but that can be justified by his youth. His personality can easily be identified as the polar opposite of Vergil's.

DMC2 Dante may be overly serious and cold, but also shows a caring side with his "I'll help you if it's heads" (both sides of the coin being heads) response.

DMC4 Dante: I know he acts cool and is cocky because of his power but good god, does he even want to be there? What happened to the understanding Dante? Given that DMC4 follows after the first, his DMC3-like attitude makes zero sense.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
For me it's 1,3,4. The way the character evolved from a young wise cracking kid who just looked for a fight to the the last incarnation of one who knew what his responsibilities were to the world he lived in.

4 wasn't the last reincarnation, 2 was. Or are you talking about the time of game release?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked most of them but 4 as i didnt feel any connection to him.

the the teaser for four is on top.

Top Bottom