• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Stupid Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Okay, not that everyone will be interested, but I am having really bad laptop trouble at the moment. (you may have seen a few rants.)

Anyway, my appearance may either be a bit sporadic in the next few days or not at all. (Ie if you see me signed in, i may not actually be there.)
The laptop threw a 'hissy fit' when i tried to install something and now I've lost my ethernet connection that allows my phone to run the internet on the computer.
At the moment, I'm in a library trying to download a new ethernet controller... but i have no idea what I'm looking for :p

If i get the laptop working disregard this post and I'll see you around, if it doesn't work, it'll take 3 days until i can HOPEFULLY get the problem fixed.

So to quote Ed Tudor-Pole on the crystal Maze "See you soon and Keep on Rockin' " :p

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think that's what VB paid to have done, a Vista reinstall.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Yeah, It was re-installed.
And no, the laptop never has a 'system restore' save on it.

I have got it working ATM... but, i'm a jinx, so i'm expecting more things to go wrong.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah, It was re-installed.
And no, the laptop never has a 'system restore' save on it.

I have got it working ATM... but, i'm a jinx, so i'm expecting more things to go wrong.

Change the settings to automatically create a new Restore Point every week or so.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Change the settings to automatically create a new Restore Point every week or so.

I've gotta find out how to do that...
At times, i wish i never bought the bloomin' thing.

Thanks Eb... but i think I'm pretty much ontop of the problems *crosses fingers.*
I wrote this post just incase the 'fates were against me'.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ive never had an issue with Vista and the only problem i had with my windows files was repaired by Vista. If it was any earlier operating system id have had to totally re-install but Vista's built in repair feature fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom