• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

steve irwin

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]today i am going to talk about my hero.[/FONT]

the legendary steve irwin

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]biography[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stephen Robert Irwin was born to Lyn and Bob Irwin in Victoria in February 1962. Bob Irwin was a keen enthusiast of reptiles and moved his family to Queensland in 1970 to start a small reptile park at Beerwah on the Sunshine Coast. Australia Zoo became a true family business, flourishing until 1991 when Bob & Lyn retired, turning over management to their son, Steve. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Living in the Zoo, Steve grew up with animals of all kinds, taking part in the animals daily feeding, care and maintenance. His 6th birthday present was what he had always wanted – his very own scrub python! It was 3.6m (12ft) long and while most other children were opening cans of pet food for their cats or dogs, Steve was out catching fish and hunting rodents to feed to his crocodiles and snakes. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bob taught the young Steve everything there was to know about reptiles – even teaching his nine-year-old how to jump in and catch crocodiles in the rivers of North Queensland at night. This father and son’s proud boast is that every crocodile in their Zoo (the numbering some 100 animals) was either caught by their bare hands or bred and raised in their Zoo. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As he grew older Steve followed in his father’s footsteps and volunteered his services to the Queensland Governments East Coast Crocodile Management program which saw him spend years living on his own in the mosquito infested creeks, rivers and mangroves of North Queensland catching huge crocodiles single-handed. His record of successful catches is still staggering to this day. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Since 1991, Australia Zoo has flourished and expanded under Steve’s guidance. In 1990 a chance reunion with his friend, television producer John Stainton, filming in the Zoo for a TV commercial, gave Steve the opportunity to show his diverse animal talents to the world when they both took a punt and make the first documentary, "The Crocodile Hunter" in 1992. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The tremendous success of this one program quickly encouraged the making of more and so over the next 3 years, 10 one hour episodes were made and on television screens all over the world. Steve has now filmed over 70 episodes of "The Crocodile Hunter", 53 episodes of "Croc Files", 43 episodes of “Croc Diaries” and his next television series is called “The New Breed Vets” for release in 2005. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Steve has the greatest respect and understanding for all animals – something that has been instilled into him by his family for all of his life – and he's proud to share his passion with everyone who visits his Zoo and with his five hundred million viewers world-wide. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In June 1992, Steve married Terri Raines from Oregon USA. They had met a few months earlier when Terri visited the Zoo whilst on holidays in Australia. They now spend their lives together educating people everywhere to care for all of our world’s wildlife.[/FONT]

steve irwin quotes:

"Because when they strike it can be that quick that if they're within range, you're dead, you're dead in your tracks. And his head weighs more than my body so it's WHACK!"

"Every cent we earn from Crocodile Hunter goes straight back into conservation. Every single cent."

"Herein lies our problem. If we level that much land to grow rice and whatever, then no other animal could live there except for some insect pest species. Which is very unfortunate."

"I am optimistic globally. So many scientists are working frantically on the reparation of our planet."

"I believe our biggest issue is the same biggest issue that the whole world is facing, and that's habitat destruction."

"I believe sustainable use is the greatest propaganda in wildlife conservation at the moment."

"I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it."

"My belief is that what comes across on the television is a capture of my enthusiasm and my passion for wildlife."

"So fear helps me from making mistakes, but I make lot of mistakes."

pictures

Monty strikes from the waters edge at Steve

steve_croc-600.jpg

Steve has a dip with a baby Freshwater Crocodile.

steve_baby_croc-600.jpg

Steve cavorts with Occa the Cockatoo

steve_cockatoo-600.jpg

Dingo kisses

steve_dingo-l600.jpg

Steve and a Bearded Dragon share a sunbake

steve_perentie2-600.jpg

Steve goes green with the Green Iguana

steve_iguana-600.jpg

Tiger cuddles

steve_tiger-600.jpg

Steve saying hello to the Komodo Dragon

steve_komododragaon-600.jpg

Steve shares a moment on Robert's 2nd birthday

BOB2_031.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZVPKbZ4cKg

legendary heros like him don't die. they always live in our hearts

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Black Dragon Knight;138994 said:
yes it is really sad that he died. but at leas he died while doing what he likes

Yeah.... Who would expect a stingray would pierced Irwin's chest? This is saddenning...:(

Snake101

the Wolf within!
I have been to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo, its such a magnificent place with lots of animals, when I was in Australia I would of went to the Zoo the day before he left on his Adventures, coz I didn't know untill the next day when I went to the Zoo, they staff there said he was there and then left on the next day for his big adventure. I was fairly annoyed I didn't get to see him in person.

R.I.P: Steve Irwin, a Legendary Hero who will never be fogotten.

Snake101;139060 said:
I have been to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo, its such a magnificent place with lots of animals, when I was in Australia I would of went to the Zoo the day before he left on his Adventures, coz I didn't know untill the next day when I went to the Zoo, they staff there said he was there and then left on the next day for his big adventure. I was fairly annoyed I didn't get to see him in person.

R.I.P: Steve Irwin, a Legendary Hero who will never be fogotten.

WOW that is really amazing. i hope that you enjoyed your while you were in the zoo.

R.I.P Steve Irwin. A HERO FOREVER LOYAL TO THE WILDLIFE.

Dark Alpha Wolf

The Ace of The Game
To the man who was, and forever will be, and icon of my life, I salute.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin: A man who spoke for those that could not themselves speak. He will forever live in our hearts and minds. Now he can forever take care of the spirits of the animals passed on.

*salutes*

Top Bottom