• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Square Enix Denys FFVII Remake Rumours

Dark Drakan

Admin
Final Fantasy fans all over the world have been hoping there would be a remake of Square Enix's most popular series instalment Final Fantasy VII but they have never been any more than rumours. The rumours restarted when the first shots of the movie Advent Children surfaced but nothing more came of it, but people secretly hoped Square Enix were working on such a title.

With the Ten Year anniversary of Final Fantasy VII approaching it would seem the perfect time to unveil such a remake but Final Fantasy character designer Tetsuya Nomura has flat out denied claims that they are working on such a title. When asked if there was a remake in the works he said this:

Tetsuya Nomura said:
My apologies, but we're absolutely not making such a game.

However when the staff currently making FFXIII were asked why they joined the company the majority answer was as follows:

Staff said:
I'm an FFVII fan, I also want to do a remake.

Nomura's closing comment was an optimistic one however:

Tetsuya Nomura said:
We of course know ourselves what the fans want so we'd like to continue thinking up a variety of things. As long as there are people who want to make it and people who are waiting for it, we don't want to proclaim 'the end.'

Full article here: No FFVII remake, says Square Enix - CVG.com

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
So at first there were only fake rumors eh?
Then maybe after the last Final Fantasy we can expect the so-wanted remake of FF7. That sounds pretty reassuring^_^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Tony_Redgrave;40557 said:
So at first there were only fake rumors eh?
Then maybe after the last Final Fantasy we can expect the so-wanted remake of FF7. That sounds pretty reassuring^_^

The rumours were nothing more than mere speculation by fans thats all. Yeah its still looking promising there could be a remake one day.

Top Bottom