• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spoiler Thread

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
DMC5 mirrors 3 pretty heavily being pretty much the same situation in that Vergil was seeking power. It wouldn't surprise me if they purposely tried to make Dante's awakening in this game serve as a follow up to the original awakening of rebellion. I just see him asorbing the sparda sword as a way to tie up that loose plot thread so no one can try to steal it.
On a separate note though we got to learn why Dante is so much stronger than sparda. And it's proven he's stronger when urizen says something along the lines of "the devil sword sparda is of no significance" Also does anyone know why Vergil did what he did when he's easily able to match a stronger Dante by the end
He was able to match dante in the final battle because Urizen.the demon part of vergil absorbed human blood during the one month gap and become stronger, also he eat the fruit from the tree and gain more power, however he later realize that his human part was what make him true powerful, like dante say to agnus in dmc 4 he is more powerful than any other demon because he surrender his humanity... Before the beginning of dmc 5, vergil was very weak because he was defeated many times by dante and also mundus Than defeated again by dante in dmc 1... he decide to split himself so his demon form would have acquired enough power to defeat dante , thinking that his human part was what make him weaker, however both v and urizen realize Tha splitting into two part was a mistake... When urizen acquired the power from the fruit than united whit v, he giver birth to a more powerful vergil than before, more powerful than urizen because this time vergil accepted his humanity

I wouldn't hold out hope for a Lucia return Ronin unless they fully remake DMC 2 to fix it
Lucia appeared in devil may cry 5 before the nightmare, a novel set before dmc 5, in the novel dante return to vie de marli because of matyer request, he call him to fight argosax second in command, Balrog... Matyer also ask him how he escaped from hell at the end of dmc 2 and he said that a portal opened right in front of him and he escaped from hell... Here he meet Lucia again, dante fight Balrog and saw a fragment of Yamato on one of his harm, here dante realize that probably that portal many years ago opened because of Yamato... Lucia watch the fight between the two... Dante defeat balrog and acquired him as a devil arm, that's why Dante have Balrog from the start in dmc 5....

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That's a novel though , they don't really like DMC2 , not saying it's impossible she makes a comeback

Just that i wouldn't expect it or hold out hope

Lucia isn't as popular as Trish and lady , if she was she might have been in 4

Vergil95

That's a novel though , they don't really like DMC2 , not saying it's impossible she makes a comeback

Just that i wouldn't expect it or hold out hope

Lucia isn't as popular as Trish and lady , if she was she might have been in 4
When Devil may cry 4 was made it was set before dmc 2... So when they did it they Didn t have Lucia in mind since dmc 2 didn't happen in the timeline yet... However they changed the timeline now and dmc 2 is set before 4... They don't hate dmc 2, it's just that it was useless to the story, however the dmc 5 novel is Canon and Lucia is there as well as vie de marli, Matier, and also they onnected uroboros to agnus, and so they make justice for dmc 2... Also in dmc 5 you have the Balrog from vie de marli and during the cutscene in dante office you can see the map from dmc 2, the one in the first cutscene were Lucia trow a knife at the map, the knife is still there also...

Last edited:

Vergil95

If V's vergil's human half does that mean Vergil was a Willaim Blake fan?
If you read the document in the menu of dmc 5 you find out a memo of an old man, this old man use to talk with vergil when he Was a little boy in red grave city and he give him a book of William Blake, a book that vergil liked, also the old man reflected about the boy being very intelligent

Kishido

Hunter
So wait... During a loading screen it is said Devil Sword Dante is indeed an evolved Rebellion.

While I still do not get what the sparda sword had to do with it... I beg you Capcom... Give me an evolved Yamato aka Devil Sword Vergil

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
He absorbed both rebellion and sparda and they merged to form a new sword

Then Dante got a major power boost and new devil trigger from that

Vergil95

So wait... During a loading screen it is said Devil Sword Dante is indeed an evolved Rebellion.

While I still do not get what the sparda sword had to do with it... I beg you Capcom... Give me an evolved Yamato aka Devil Sword Vergil
Did you play the game? You probably not, why searching things that are explained in cutscenes in the game, just play the game for God sake... There is also an evolved Yamato... play the game

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
So what do ye all think of Nero's devil trigger design ?

Personally I quite like it a lot

Kinda reminds me a small bit of the Oni forms from onimusha games

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
So what do ye all think of Nero's devil trigger design ?

Personally I quite like it a lot

Kinda reminds me a small bit of the Oni forms from onimusha games

It's perfect. It's like Devilman. Plus it makes up for the last DT that was never put in last game.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Seems underpowered compared to sin devil trigger and Dante's normal Dt but the look is cool , and the damage boost and extra buster animations are a nice bonus

Hope it gets expanded a bit , weird that it still has summoned swords with Yamato gone

I fell small buster arms being shot out to punch enemies would have been a cool touch

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think I had an easier time fighting Artemisia with V than I did when I fought her (?) with Nero.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I stayed in the air and wrecked her with Nero

Kinda wish there was a bosh rush so you could fight all bosses with Dante

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
One thing I'm curious about is how Urizen set up his kingdom/army in only a month or two before **** goes down?

Or did he just use the legend of the tree fruit to draw willing demons out and send them after a target?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
More than likely all the killing on the surface supplying blood to the tree, plus the fruit and all the power he drained from it gave him insane power

And possibly the boss characters not wanting to die , pledged to him

Vergil95

One thing I'm curious about is how Urizen set up his kingdom/army in only a month or two before **** goes down?

Or did he just use the legend of the tree fruit to draw willing demons out and send them after a target?
Since I was the more powerful demon in existence when I was created, Urizen had no problem to subdue lesser demon to his bidding and create an army in one month, the only major demon that was whit him is malphas, the other like Artemis, cavaliere Angelo and older geryon and gilgamesh where just puppet under is controll, however as you can clearly saw not all demon followed him infact Goliath was planning to take the fruit for himsel...
As for nero devil trigger, I find it pretty good...
Ef9 o Shea there is the bloody palace mode coming in April, and in the bloody palace you can make boss rush so you can do it with dante

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I know that but it will likely only have 100 floors making it 5 bosses

What I mean is a rush mode where you do every single boss fight for all 3 characters, without needing to progress through 20 floors of enemies first

Vergil95

I
I know that but it will likely only have 100 floors making it 5 bosses

What I mean is a rush mode where you do every single boss fight for all 3 characters, without needing to progress through 20 floors of enemies first
It is unknown if it will be 100 for or like dmc or if they put boss every 10... Probably they should make the other character playable even in the other chapter of the story so you can use them in every level like you did with vergil in dmc 3 and 4 even if it is non canon

Methix

Did you play the game? You probably not, why searching things that are explained in cutscenes in the game, just play the game for God sake... There is also an evolved Yamato... play the game
I have finished the game but i never saw vergil use an evolved yamato, do you have a picture what it looks like.

Vergil95

I have finished the game but i never saw vergil use an evolved yamato, do you have a picture what it looks like.
Go in the gallery and look for vergil model then switch to his devil trigger model, he will say that the sword that are in his harm is Yamato truf form

Top Bottom